mediafire getting smarter

taki82

Trusted Member
Oct 6, 2012
im sure by now some of you have noticed that mediafire have applied something onto their servers that can detect if a file is a split archieve...what this basically spells for us is we will be facing more rages in the future (keyboards will break) since normally games will be uploaded into parts....but here's the catch..."MediaFire understands the need for users to transfer very large or split archives, up to 10GB per file, and we offer this service starting at $1.50 per month."...so what do you think of this??

personally i think mf realizes that most of us use mf to dl games and they are trying to capitalize on it... =______=

Well, they got plenty of experience with breaking split archives, so maybe they were just secretly training for this. ~_~

I definitely ......... HATE .......... this idea! Mediafire is the main file host for me as uploader and downloader. Ok, since I only upload music, I don't have this problem, but if I want to download some games or programs, this is really bad. Maybe Mediafire dig their own grave with this idea, who knows.

But anyway, less and less people upload to MF, therefore I have to download from other filehosts or via torrent in the end :D

mmmmm I think mediafire is avoiding being shut down like megaupload~ I'm not sure how much they would benefit with free users, but I doubt even paying ones would be excused for claims. :f
This is why it's a good idea to have backups and mirrors~ :goodtea:

i f'king know right?!!
i use mediafire so much and so often.... its all f**king SOPA/PIPA's fault, because they made the FBI shut down megaupload, other file-sharing sites got scared and removed copyrighted things.... T_T

[MENTION=13204]pumasrevenge[/MENTION], torrents are awesome, that's my opinion but leechers and non seeders freaking wreck it... like im downloading kamidori right now and its been torrenting for ages and ages but its still only 20.58%....

Mediafire's quest to become the worst filehost possible had begun long before MU went down.
Not that it'll help them any - the only way to escape the MAFIAA is being too small to matter. Then again, that might be their plan.

Last edited:
[MENTION=13204]pumasrevenge[/MENTION], torrents are awesome, that's my opinion but leechers and non seeders freaking wreck it... like im downloading kamidori right now and its been torrenting for ages and ages but its still only 20.58%....
I know, and you already mentioned the problem too. And before downloading via torrent with around 100 kb/s average, I'll download from filehosts ... of course, only if they have a faster download speed.

Everyone who works with mediafire knows mediafire sucks right off the bat before the SOPA, the MU, or whatever [shit] you put here. Why do we even need to discuss?

Anyone who praise mediafire or used to praise them is clearly an idiot. No offense.

Everyone who works with mediafire knows mediafire sucks right off the bat before the SOPA, the MU, or whatever [shit] you put here. Why do we even need to discuss?

Anyone who praise mediafire or used to praise them is clearly an idiot. No offense.
Don't know what's your problem with MF, but it's ATM the fastest filehost for free users without limit (at least for me). I download with over 1,4 mb/s (in comparison, UL only with 150 kb/s at best). MU was also very good, but the highest download speed I reached was 900 kb/s. Shortly said, I NEVER found a filehost which was nearly as fast as MF for free users.

To uploads: Ok, I only upload programs (like Photoshop) and music albums to MF, but I NEVER had any problems. I heard that they delete files after they got reported, this never happened to me. Some of my uploads are over two years old, and they still exist, and I'm only a registered free user. If some old files got deleted, man, not my problem, if somebody wants it, they should message me.
The upload speed is also acceptable for me.

Maybe you (and other uploaders) have problems with MF, but the word idiot is just exaggeration ;)

Although you didn't mean it as offense, but I think everyone has their own reasons for disliking a certain filehost, but this doesn't mean the other ones are just shit (or something like that) or the users who use them are "xyz" ... I totally hate most of the filehosts which give rewards to the uploaders (for a specific number of downloads), since they only have a slow download speed for free users. And I wonder everytime why some people upload to this specific filehosts again and again, but man, what should I do, if I want it this thing that bad I can search for a better filehost (or torrent) OR I support "them", everyones one decision, as uploader AND downloader.

I mean, I don't want money for my uploads, since I make this voluntarily.

1. "fastest filehost for free users"

Fastest may be, but if half of the time you get is broken files, now you have to download again.

Thing is, given a file is 1GB and it takes you 2 hours to download it, with 2 broken times, hah, it costs you 2 hours. Now is it fast anymore? I haven't accounted the cost for wasted bandwidth

2. They don't delete files when things get report, they nuke your account, no verification necessary. I have had a friend, he was a designer, his account got nucked due to claim from another faggot who stole his design, he could never reclaim his account, and he could never open another account and upload the same file without getting nuked again. Once a file is nuked, its signature is registered, and you cannot upload it anymore. Mediafire does not allow files encryption or password compression in case you want to go that route. They will not nuke your account they will just disable access to the file completely (unless of course you cough up for a premium account, and it's no longer great for free user too since we have better option)

The word idiot is not exactly exaggerate, sure it might be great for small, free files, those that is under 10MB, but when it comes to 1GB, well, good luck with that. Idiot comes when they say "Mediafire is great!" but it's only great for small files. (and that nobody make a claim with you, cross your fingers)

For spreading the files into the public? One day your account will be nuked, no, not a single file, the entire account even if you legally own the file.

I'm not calling you an idiot but after the first 2 posts, you should really consider what your statement in your earlier post, regarding "reuploading an old files that got deleted" huh? Lack of knowledge is not... uncommon, after all...

Some of my uploads are over two years old, and they still exist, and I'm only a registered free user

Wanna give me what you upload? And I'll make sure they nuke your account in a week. Sure 2 years old 20 downloads is different than 2 days and 2000 downloads

What matters to people like me who upload a lot of data (talking over 15TB here) are the following things:

1. Ease of upload.
Mediafire's API sucks and they don't have FTP uploads, so they lose out to pretty much everything in this aspect.

2. File retention.
MF uses hash-based block tables and deletions and has a very quick turn-around on DMCA deletions due to their proactive nature of sucking up to the RIAA/MPAA.

3. Security of account.
They delete your account quickly once you either get a couple DMCAs or use too much space. That Mediafire "fully cooperates" (their words, not mine) with the FBI doesn't really help either.

4. Stability of host.
Three years back I used them and from the around 200 files I had at least one was randomly corrupted every day. Without them telling me because a file integrity verification system is too complicated for those jokers. Maybe I just had bad luck, but given how I heard the same story echoed back from multiple people, I'm not convinced.

5. Enumeration.
When you spend a couple hours a day uploading, doing it for free on a filehost that threats you like crap? Not gonna happen.

And while download speeds for free users are also something to be taken into consideration, the recent situation has made it rather difficult to find hosts satisfying all criteria. All that can be done at the moment is pick the biggest players (less likely to go belly-up or scam you), buckle down, and hope that Kim Dotcom wins his lawsuit as well as breath some fresh air into the market once more.

In conclusion, anyone offering Mediafire as alternative for large-scale uploading has never tried it out and suffered the resulting pain.

I don't think I should applaud them for switching styles to (try to) give an impression that they were never one of the 'rogue' file hosting services and have been providing cloud storage services along the lines of Box and Dropbox. Regardless of whether it was a brilliant decision to save their arses from the hounding jaws of the MAFIAA, they were never that good to begin with.

As a downloader, I still use MF nowadays, albeit very rarely, 'cause some of the Japanese and Chinese game modders I leech off upload their stuff to MF. To be honest, that makes it easier for a foreigner like me to grab their stuff without having to rummage around seemingly endless pages of threads on 2ch or navigating around Chinese file hosting sites (and I don't speak Chinese) that require me to install a shady programme just so I can download files hosted there. I'll give MF that credit.

Still, that doesn't mean I love them - I always remote download the files I want to my server so I can verify that the archives are still valid and extractable to avoid wasting my home connection's bandwidth on downloading corrupted files.

But as an uploader? I'd stopped using their services way before the entire fiasco started in January. Hash retention for 'problematic' files? Proactive attempts on eliminating copyrighted files? Merciless account deletion based on bogus reports? You could ignore all those factors and MF still wouldn't come out great. Waiting for about 30 split archives @ 200MB each to upload with failures every two or three parts when uploading the same files to other hosts - even MU that also nerfed upload speed and had no FTP feature - had long ago finished? Yeah, I only had to experience that feel once.

As stated by the other people: "MF is great for small files....".

MF is only good for downloading those very small h-manga/doujinshis that you want to read for later, or for downloading game patches (under 10MB).

The only thing that I know that has and will survive on MF for 2 years + are picture packs (ecchi/hentai) that have either been split as archives or uploaded as solid files within 500 MB. (that was a year and half ago, so I don't know what their file limitations are now)

So besides the picture packs, game cracks and h-manga....nothing else survives on MF for a period of over 2-3 months IMO. So yeah, media fail you suck.

i still find some anime on MF good quality.

I prefer using super news the problem is some shows aren't on it right now :(

Meh, I don't want to quote everything over and over ... I'll just say again that I never had any problems. Ok, I don't upload nearly as much as corocoro for example, but it's sufficient for me :) I have nearly around 80 GB of music and around 150 GB of programs, but like I said, this is nothing compared to other uploaders.
Maybe I'll change my mind if my account got banned, maybe :D

Greetings to Everybody

I have an account on "MF", and can I said that is entirely safe for me like a uploader?

Not certainly. And recently, MF has deleted a video from my account, but the music is fine.

However I think that "MF" is good, therefore I'm not tired of this... still; maybe because my account is relatively small compared with other accounts.

About the MF's situation, I think is better look for other alternatives in that specific case. Also, "MF" is good even for files of 100 or 150 Mb, probably no more.

Soo I heard that:
As of October 2012, Mediafire does not support unlimited downloads of split archives anymore

This one place decided to delete the file extensions and it seems like it works okay~~~

Mediafire... it brings back memories, good and bad xD I remember struggling to find CG packs on MF, only to curse when all the links are from 'freaking premium hosts'... lol. I always dismissed such links as dead, dunno how much treasure I've lost during that time xP
I download all of my games from paid filehosts though... I can actually see the vast difference now that premium crap is no longer a problem. Now all I see in MF is popup ads and captcha, no longer a savior like before xD

Users who are viewing this thread