Manga suggestions to a bored soul

johnstorm17

Jan 26, 2012
Is there any Slice of Life manga you would suggest for me? I'm a huge fan of slice of life(genre) manga, it could be a comedy slice of life or love comedy slice of life. I've just Read Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa, Nisekoi etc..

Tried asano inio's works yet?

all of them are excellent, but personally I loved solanin, oyasumi punpun and nijigahara holograph.

Then there's Maison Ikkoku by Rumiko Takahashi. An old gem and amongst the best pieces of literature in manga.

Try Azumanga Daioh too. It's funny, well for me at least.

These are all romance slice of life, but if you're into that, I suggest checking out 17 (Juunana), Aoi Hana, Bokura ga Ita, Kimi ni Todoke and Sand Chronicles. I'm not 100% sure if all of them qualifies as slice of life, but I personally think they do. I could be wrong, of course, though. (And sorry, if that is the case.)

I know about other slice of life series as well, that are not romance stories, such as Lucky Star and Tamayura and Sketchbook, but I'm not very fond of the manga versions; I much rather prefer their anime adaptions. But everything is relative, so maybe you should check them out, after all, you might like them more than I do. :)

aegis, I've read Nijigahara Holograph, Such a Great Story, the first time i read it, i was instantly hooked.:D

fuyu, I'm Following Kimi ni Todoke, thanks, I'll try your other selections.

Last edited:
I concur with [MENTION=159]alexsdu[/MENTION], Azumanga Daioh is a nice slice of (school) life comedy. K-On! is another choice of mine, sticking with something close to that genre.

While we at it, I recon' Mashimaro Ichigo (Strawberry Marshmellow).
It's about cute girls doing cute things in cute ways. They're adorable, especially Matsuri (the one wearing glasses).

Mhh Mashimaro Ichigo.. its not ecchi in any way or? SFW? Because I know a blogger who is really into this loli-stuff, and he also likes Mashimaro Ichigo, therefore I'm a bit sceptic and never gave it a chance, because I thought it was ecchi loli-stuff?

Btw.. Y U NO RECOMMEND YOTSUBA?! ;)

Last edited:
VERY good so far. It's still on-going so of course hard to say whether it'll remain good in the future. Considering it's from the creator of Planetes, I'd say chances are pretty good.
:)

lol that happens to me when watching naruto. People make a lot of fuss but i dont feel it and get bored. I think Bleach might not be for you, like Naruto isn't for me

Gokushufudou - The Way of the House Husband, School Rumble, D-Frag, Nichijou

Don't ask me why its all comedy. Sometimes, life is stranger than fiction.

Gokushufudou - The Way of the House Husband, School Rumble, D-Frag, Nichijou

Don't ask me why its all comedy. Sometimes life is stranger than fiction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

jsh wrote on Shine's profile.
Can u upload 春屋3D’s arlecchino?
micanh wrote on Lebedev's profile.
Since it was you who posted the Rakudai volumes, I chose to ask here. Do you have any plans to upload the novel's 19vol ?
fpqm127 wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/120909-ジュピター-絶対監獄.1204055/

Can you please reupload this file katefile or mexashare or rosefile?

Thanks.
TheB33 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi can you please resend the games from 諾威水産? I've been looking them for some time even DLsite don't have these games
kihon wrote on Shine's profile.
Buying resources out of their own pockets, spending energy and effort, with almost no return so that everyone can enjoy the cultural and entertainment products of developed countries at almost zero cost walking in the dark to serve the light, they are real heroes
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg