Making sandwiches

FAMAS

Elite Member
Oct 29, 2012
I was talking to this girl and at some point I asked if she could go make me a sandwich and she got mad! I don't understand. Woman are generally conceived as gifted when it comes to making sandwiches so why was it a big deal? I also have suspicions that she doesn't even know how to properly cook which is odd.

Reactions: renano
Um...maybe you sounded like you were ordering her around.
Some girls (I don't want to generalize just in case) do not like to be ordered around. Especially by someone who doesn't have an authority over them or isn't their boyfriend..

And not all girls can cook, fyi... Some might not even like to..

Note: It's not good to just tell someone to go make you a sandwich while you're in the middle of a conversation..

Hmmm there was a time a girl maked me sandwich with vegetables , She's single now ....................................................................................................................................................................................... LOL JUST KIDDING ? SHE'S DEAD !!!!!!

Making sandwiches, hmm.
Right, I remember my female friend makes one for me, that I said it's delicious.
Then, she begin to make more of them, wrapped nicely for my lunch meal.
Somehow, having her around, makes me like having a girlfriend XD, though
I'm not that gifted in cooking, yet I can fix a decent meal for myself.
My first cooking attempt was burnt fried rice. It taste good for the first timer I assure you.

Um...maybe you sounded like you were ordering her around.
Some girls (I don't want to generalize just in case) do not like to be ordered around. Especially by someone who doesn't have an authority over them or isn't their boyfriend..

And not all girls can cook, fyi... Some might not even like to..

Note: It's not good to just tell someone to go make you a sandwich while you're in the middle of a conversation..

WHAT!? A woman that can't cook?! That's like having a man who doesn't know what a penis is, it makes no sense. Wtf does she do all day?! Who the hell is supposed to make food otherwise?

Also, I politely asked;
"Woman, may you please go make me a sandwich?"

Pretty sure this is just a joke, Vivi...

Who says I'm joking?

^ Exactly. :3
Also, you shouldn't expect every single girl to have been trained/taught/have practiced cooking! Sometimes it just depends on personal preferences, you know.

Note: I just noticed that. Making sandwiches doesn't even need cooking skills XD. Almost anyone can do that much.. I think.
Which brings us back to the other reason. Even if you asked politely..she might feel like she's your maid or something. If you want something from her you should choose the right time to ask, not just any time. And certainly not while you're talking or chatting normally. It'd feel weird and just too abrupt.

Last edited:
If you want to make really good sandwiches, you might need to cook a bit ;)

^ Exactly. :3
Also, you shouldn't expect every single girl to have been trained/taught/have practiced cooking! Sometimes it just depends on personal preferences, you know.

Note: I just noticed that. Making sandwiches doesn't even need cooking skills XD. Almost anyone can do that much.. I think.
Which brings us back to the other reason. Even if you asked politely..she might feel like she's your maid or something. If you want something from her you should choose the right time to ask, not just any time. And certainly not while you're talking or chatting normally. It'd feel weird and just too abrupt.

Making GOOD sandwiches does.
I don't get it. The kitchen is a sacred place for woman! Their whole life purpose is to make sandwiches and cleaning/laundries as well. So why would that be a big deal if she was already going to make some anyways.
Look at how happy these people are. If a woman ain't cooking then she has no place in this world. Might as well have never been born.
women+in+the+kitchen.jpg

vintage-woman-kitchen.jpg

woman-in-kitchen.jpg

Of course you never see a woman anywhere else and everything on the internet is true :goodtea:

Really? Really now?! You obviously know nothing about women. They are not all the same! And, I must tell you I've never, ever seen a woman whose life is all about cooking and doing housework. The way you say it, it seems like you don't even see them as humans... I won't say any more...

Yes, you tell him Sam! :thumbup:

Really? Really now?! You obviously know nothing about women. They are not all the same! And, I must tell you I've never, ever seen a woman whose life is all about cooking and doing housework. The way you say it, it seems like you don't even see them as humans... I won't say any more...

Yes, you tell him Sam! :thumbup:

They're obviously human.
You do realize that back in the days, it was somewhat like this right?

Btw: I know there MANY different factors BUT look at this:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1189894/Women-happy-years-ago-.html

you sir are very sexist OTL i admit that yes making a sandwich is easy but you know there is more to life, than forcing a woman to be at home all day expecting her to act like a lady from 30 years ago, men and women are suppose to be on par now in the workplace c: what do they do all day? they go out and work to make a living there are some who are dependent on their husbands and boyfriends, but there are also those independent ones, so that link you brought up there, i dont think you should use it to apply to all females. we have our thoughts as well and my, "Their whole life purpose is to make sandwiches and cleaning/laundries as well." forcing a woman to be at home cooking and doing the laundries then heading out for grocery i see no difference than that of a slave o: and i dont plan on getting too involved in this matter that would cause you to fight me back as you may interpret this as an insult, but i believe your tone may have set her off. i cant tell much through a screen but from what you said there is a hint of sarcasm as well a forceful tone almost saying "please move and do as your told" < you may not have intended it but a nicer way would have simply been "please make a sandwich" rather than adding woman and 'go' which can be seen as forceful c:

you sir are very sexist OTL i admit that yes making a sandwich is easy but you know there is more to life, than forcing a woman to be at home all day expecting her to act like a lady from 30 years ago, men and women are suppose to be on par now in the workplace c: what do they do all day? they go out and work to make a living there are some who are dependent on their husbands and boyfriends, but there are also those independent ones, so that link you brought up there, i dont think you should use it to apply to all females. we have our thoughts as well and my, "Their whole life purpose is to make sandwiches and cleaning/laundries as well." forcing a woman to be at home cooking and doing the laundries then heading out for grocery i see no difference than that of a slave o: and i dont plan on getting too involved in this matter that would cause you to fight me back as you may interpret this as an insult, but i believe your tone may have set her off. i cant tell much through a screen but from what you said there is a hint of sarcasm as well a forceful tone almost saying "please move and do as your told" < you may not have intended it but a nicer way would have simply been "please make a sandwich" rather than adding woman and 'go' which can be seen as forceful c:

kjDh7b0.jpg

Agree with youu

Oh, glad I'm not the only one who thought this way.
High five everyone!

Just thought I would throw this in here. To me it seems pretty obvious he is doing this for fun because he is bored/feels like it. I'd go out on a limb and guess he probably isn't actually that sexist. In fact in his last post he even raised some important points, which it looks like you may have missed.

I also think you saying that having a stay at home mom who helps by cooking and housekeeping is like a slave is hilarious. You could so easily say the same thing about a working mom who has to go to her job 5 days a week, or a stay at home dad for that matter.

Back to the point, you also mention sarcasm, which is what I detected as well. The sarcasm implies his argument is a joke, almost something like a devil's advocate. The sandwich is also the classic (sexist) joke example.

@Famas Well, maybe, but their whole life didn't revolve around that alone. And the way you said it is just...
If a woman ain't cooking then she has no place in this world. Might as well have never been born.

You have no idea how much I want to say about that right now, but I just won't..
What Leia said is enough already.

'If you enjoy your job and it's a fulfilling career, that is a positive choice..'

At least that ^ is true.

Last edited:
Just thought I would throw this in here. To me it seems pretty obvious he is doing this for fun because he is bored/feels like it. I'd go out on a limb and guess he probably isn't actually that sexist. In fact in his last post he even raised some important points, which it looks like you may have missed.

I also think you saying that having a stay at home mom who helps by cooking and housekeeping is like a slave is hilarious. You could so easily say the same thing about a working mom who has to go to her job 5 days a week, or a stay at home dad for that matter.

Back to the point, you also mention sarcasm, which is what I detected as well. The sarcasm implies his argument is a joke, almost something like a devil's advocate. The sandwich is also the classic (sexist) joke example.

because i dont know what is a joke and what is not, i will not assume. if i have missed something please do inform me c: i do not have any ill intentions but i will accept those towards me. i do not plan on fighting but there are times when even i have my limits. he may be joking but if she was mad, they joke may have been taken to far, its one thing to joke and laugh it off but its another to hurt another person's feelings. though i wonder, considering how he himself said; "Who says I'm joking?"

i did not mention anything about those parents so i wont say anything relating to that. but yes, he stated,
- Their whole life purpose is to make sandwiches and cleaning/laundries as well.
- If a woman ain't cooking then she has no place in this world. Might as well have never been born.
- Wtf does she do all day?!
if you had only expected a woman to do house chores all day without treating her properly with freedom is that really not slavery? you can laugh, go ahead but i am serious c: i have no right to pry into your personal life or speak on your behalf cause i do not know what you have gone through or seen/learnt but from what i've learn, being born a female does not entitle you to call your kitchen "a sacred place" and if a girl couldn't or didn't like cooking to die cause she doesn't have the right to live. if its like this, you may as well tell me right now that i do not have the right to live c: i have younger siblings and take care of them in place of my hardworking parents so yes i can cook and clean, but do i like it? no i dont, its the same old things everyday, even girls get worn out you know? since i dont like it, i guess i dont have the right to have been born?

i am sorry if i insulted you finalprye or you famas or even if its my fault for being too serious on this matter, but really, my honest opinions and i didnt want to get too personal but yeah... please excuse me on that matter

-- im going to leave now ouod i've said my thoughts and plan not to pry any further nor get into any conflicts anybody here c:

[MENTION=61289]Leia[/MENTION]; I'm not insulted in the slightest. This is pleasant discussion, as far as I'm concerned.

Obviously the way famas is wording this is bent on getting a rise out of people, but you also are making a lot of assumptions yourself (eg. no freedom). Not so long ago, the ideal situation for a woman would be to be the wife of someone with a good job, take care of the cooking and some cleaning (and probably being a mom), and then spend the rest of the day doing some fun leisure activity like painting or learning an instrument. Honestly doesn't sound all that bad when you view it like that. Though obviously they were also lacking some basic rights.

Also for reference: I work in a kitchen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Sirvipe235 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
I'd like to request a game for you to upload.

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax-touch/work/=/product_id/RJ01077067.html

Would itbe possible fro you to upload this one?

Not sure if best to post here or in PM
Ignaus wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hello, do you have this one by any chance? If so, can you please upload if possible?

https://gentleman910.fanbox.cc/posts/7686800
https://www.patreon.com/posts/r18-hmv-60fps-101346789

Thank you.
404notfound wrote on wjooxx's profile.
hi,wjoox
thank you as always!
present for you!!
[東出イロドリ] みがわりのお勉強 [DL版] ↓
https://yourfilestore.com/download/724632/vjhydp.rar.html
please enjoy!!
Lebedev wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
[110624] [OVERDRIVE] 電激ストライカー this version of VN you don't have in stock?