Mahou Tsukai no Yoru installation issue.

You got the game from Ignis's torrent right? Let's try checking the MD5 of the full version's mahoyo.iso and comparing them.

Edit: [MENTION=35321]Evangelionheart[/MENTION]
MAHOYO.iso
MD5: 2C397ACE56198489FBDC512D1099DDC4
Size: 7,310,540,800 bytes

Last edited:
I'm sorry I'm not very computer savvy so I'm not exactly sure how to do that Frank. ._.; How do I do that? ; ;

[MENTION=35321]Evangelionheart[/MENTION]: Okay. =P

Google for some free program that check a file's MD5 (MD5 is a value, sort of like a fingerprint that identifies a file). Then get mahoyo.iso's MD5 with that program.

If our files are identical then our MD5 values will match. Otherwise, your file is corrupt.

This is embarrassing but I have no idea where to look for a MD5, I've tried properties on the .iso and still not seeing anything that says MD5. D:

I'm really sorry I am wicked dumb when it comes to computer stuff/phases I just know basic things on how to get VN's going. ._.;

Did you read through the torrent thread??? Some have the same problem as you but seem to solve it though....

If all else failed.... Just redownload every thing but use the direct down load one instead.....

Last edited:
Reactions: 両儀式
Sorry it was taking a long time to check the MD5
Untitled-3.jpg

...But omg, while it was checking for the MD5 I was doing Slayns method in the background and his actually worked the VN seems to be running fine at the moment, now I feel so bad after having you go thru all this work wasting your time on me. ; ;

But the files did match up as you can see. xD Thank you guys so so so much, I'm forever in your debt! :D if you ever need anything let me know! xD *gives you guys cookies*

Lol.... That method always work cuz people be having install problem.... It error some where... So they just drag and copy it to a different folder....

Now I have no idea what could have caused this. I blame Eva's PC. =|

Always happy to help~

This is the first time I've ever had a installing error so never even though of trying this, so glad you told me about it.

I feel so so so bad now though after you guys took so long in helping me when such a easy method was right in front of my face... >< I'm so sorry again guys. ._.;

Sometime the copy error is that your system is not Japanese locale.... Happen to me so I need to do that....

This is the first time I've ever had a installing error so never even though of trying this,
I guess I'm late, but I have a guess as to what might've caused it just for future reference.

Untitled2.jpg

You're supposed to use the "add or remove programs" option so that AppLocale will oversee throughout the entire installation process. Navigate to the CD or setup.exe (not startup.exe) when prompted. The "launch an application" option does well to a single application (e.g. setup.exe) with AppLocale, but an installation process commonly calls and requests resources from external sources, which means that setup.exe isn't the only application that will run during the process.

If the installation creates a new Windows process while copying the files, it's possible that this new process is run outside AppLocale. This means that it probably can't decipher Japanese text properly and thus fails (or succeeds, but may still cause problems later on).

Ah I see, that would have been wonderful to know before hand, huge bad on my part it would seem. :(

Thanks you though Ignis and thanks 100x more for this visual novel! :D

[MENTION=35321]Evangelionheart[/MENTION] Did you ever set your system to Japanese locale/format???? That could also be the case too....

Oh yea... You don't need the DDL link anymore.... Gonna edit it out then...

No never did that Slayn I think I need my windows 7 installer CD to do that? Which I don't have which is why I always rely on AppLocale to simulate the effect though it doesn't do it as well as OS changing. :( Plus changing my OS to full japanese worries me as I can't read enough japanese to fully understand what my computer would be saying. xD Unless everything stays in english? ;o

No [MENTION=29193]nanashi1[/MENTION].... Person didn't change it.... Just use AppLocale to stimulate it.....

I guess that the reason why, [MENTION=35321]Evangelionheart[/MENTION]

Only thing I can think of, totally odd though as I've never had this issue before with any VN. I know I've installed at least 7 other VNs before this all by the method I shown and they all worked. So weird this time. :/

Happen sometimes.... Just remember what Ignis post..... It will help in the future.....

Yeah, I can't thank you guys enough; so glad he mentioned that as well, never knew that. xD Makes me feel even dumber... <_<;

No never did that Slayn I think I need my windows 7 installer CD to do that?
No. That's for Windows XP. For Windows 7, simply go to start -> control panel -> clock, language, and region -> region and language. Navigate to administrative tab -> change system locale -> choose Japanese (Japan).

20121021121323.png

For maximum effect, also change your location settings to Japan and formats to Japanese (Japan).

Plus changing my OS to full japanese worries me as I can't read enough japanese to fully understand what my computer would be saying. xD Unless everything stays in english? ;o
Your OS' interface will stay in English. Changing your format settings to Japanese will cause some interface like the date and time to be displayed in Japanese, and some applications that you install after you change the locale settings may default themselves to Japanese. However, this is usually adjustable, although how to change the interface language back to English depends on each application.

Oh wow, that was really detailed and helpful. Thanks for telling me about this Ignis! This actually seems like a much simpler method than always using AppLocale, I just always feared having my computer stuck in kanji. No idea that it would actually stay in english. Time doesn't seem like it would be too much of a issue either, simply just change time zone if it goes to JST. It is simple enough to change back the OS using the same method as well right?

As long as it doesn't mess up my VLC player for anime viewing I'm totally sold on keeping win7 in Japanese~ :goodtea:

Thanks again Ignis~ :)

Hi, sorry for bumping an old thread.

I just downloaded the Mahoyo VN, and I'm having troubles with the installation.

I'm not sure if my problem is the same as Evangelion's, since the pictures seem to have been removed.

So here's the problem.

- I've mounted the .iso, and ran the startup.exe
- Set to install onto drive G:/
- Clicked 'Next' for everything else
- Installation bar window comes up, but it stops at the same point for over an hour.
This is a picture of the issue: http://i.imgur.com/nHenS9J.png

This is my first time installing a VN, so I'm not too knowledgeable with the terms you guys might be using.

Again, sorry for bumping an old thread, and thanks to anyone who helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

eiennosora wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
[RJ397008][モルモットのゲージ] 魔法少女リカとモンスター化ダンジョン
A new version is now available, can you PLEASE reupload this one? Thank you.
eiennosora wrote on Shine's profile.
[RJ397008][モルモットのゲージ] 魔法少女リカとモンスター化ダンジョン
A new version is now available, can you PLEASE reupload this one? Thank you.
Kallenarmaya wrote on Stetmann's profile.
Nice to meet you!
Thank you so much for the piece you posted, I really appreciate it!

I would like to ask you, do you have the "交わる男女と恋心♥汁だくセ●クス" and "凜子スペシャルドラマCD" of "退魔忍 秋山凛子"?

If so, I would like you to post them!
Kallenarmaya wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Nice to meet you!
Thank you so much for the piece you posted, I really appreciate it!

I would like to ask you, do you have the "交わる男女と恋心♥汁だくセ●クス" and "凜子スペシャルドラマCD" of "退魔忍 秋山凛子"?

If so, I would like you to post them!
TasogareHentai wrote on ramori's profile.
Sorry, can you please look at my requests and tell if you have it? Thanks in advance.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-211210-rj361498-tentacle-works-テンタクルワークス-賢者ちゃんとhな触手.1392118/
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-231104-rj01109498-takotubo-タコツボ-つくよヴィレッジ.1397470/
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-misotake-みそテイク-multiple-games.1404036/