[LPW #163] Time to sleep with the fishes

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't regift my gift, baka!!
giphy.gif

nee-chan assumes it's the same salamander
sticker.png

Fair night at Magic, finished 3rd of 12 players.

After a first round loss, won the next three matches.

Keep calm and stab each other. =\
[MENTION=93850]|♚|KK|♚|[/MENTION]; I wrote the game's review in the VN thread, in case you're interested. =\

I'm back,

1st:

These light novels are not scanned, these are text based ebooks. You can search and select the text and look up words in a dictionary if you don’t know it. I would suggest to download both an english to japanese and a japanese monolingual dictionary. You can encounter some japanese slangs that are not written in an english-japanese dictionary but in a japanese monolingual dictionary.

2nd: You don’t need a Kindle to read these files an android tablet is also able to read these files just download FBReader: Favorite Book Reader or Ebookdroid for android in the google play store, both are normally free and can read these files.

3rd if a ebook is not listed on the list, i don’t have it.So, no i don’t have マケン姫っ! light novel, sorry.
4th, i don’t buy something that’s not interesting for me. That’s my library at this moment, i buy these light novels in bulk each month because i read a lot. So it will change of course, generally speaking i buy light novels each first friday night of the month. That way i can enjoy them after work and read them during the weekend. So my next purchases will be next friday, the 4th of May.

@KK senpai
You’re welcome,

I dabbled in japanese during my high schools days, but didn’t go beyond a few hundred kanjis and a few hundreds words in japanese, because i got exhausted, so i gave up and learned german and czech(both needed for work), where i refined my language learning skills and learned a lot about language learning. I got interested in japanese again when i wanted to play a visual novel which isn’t translated. I started by reading doujinshis, visual novels and then got to light novels, after playing 2 visual novels. And to tell you the truth i learn more japanese by reading light novels than playing visual novels.
The one method that was and still is effective for learning japanese any other language is ( or a variant of this method): Learn the language basics either in a class or self study with textbooks and a teacher or native and once you have the basics right go directly to native material (material that is intended for japanese and not japanese learners) and use textbooks and grammar books only as reference, not primary learning material. The problem is that most text books are not good as they will make you taking the habit of a slow and very simplified version of the language and are also too slow in the progression. One important thing with this method is when you are not sure, ask, japanese is not a cartesian language such as french with strict rules, etc… Another thing, we learn vocabulary from context, that is important. This is not something i just made up, that is backed up by several reasearchers in 2nd language acquisition. Only understanding this will make language learning much more efficient.
Franky sensei’s thread about how to learn japanese by playing eroge ( http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/lessons-58/japanese-erogamers-660038/) is also well written. All the manga that i read, i read them in japanese. The same for anime, If i really don’t understand something in an anime i try to guess it from context and if i really can’t find it, i ask a someone and if nobody is able to answer me than i will watch first the japanese subtitles if they are available, and then if i still don’t understand i will watch the english subtitles, which is the last resort.
Voilà my method for learning japanese, of course that’s just a really condensed version. There a much more to this than just the method, you have to know yourself (how you learn when you are tired, not tired, when you’re motivated, etc..), understand how the brain works (it’s the unconscious part of our brain which handles the language not the conscious part, so if you learn vocabulary without context, you won’t create understanding of the word and its nuances in your brain but a pavlovian response to an external stimuli for example, which is useless when you want to read as words have nuances). I hope i answered your question, don’t hesitate if you need more precision, KK senpai

Again thanks for sharing your collection, thats very generous and kind of you! I still havent mastered japanese yet but I want to get better at it, so this year I am planning to learn more about the language of japanese by going university. All this time I only studied alone, but I know I am still way behind. I look up to those who are good at japanese already because it is such a complex language yet simple at the same time, for me it's my most favorite thing in the world.

My goal is to learn more kanji each day, I don't know how yet because I'm out of methods at the moment.

Keep calm and stab each other. =\

[MENTION=93850]|♚|KK|♚|[/MENTION]; I wrote the game's review in the VN thread, in case you're interested. =\

No violence!:traitor:

I will check it out, as I am very interested in the game, I wish I can play it soon but I don't have enough time lately.

/me isn'r worried, because it's computer safe Frank Coffee.

@nanashi1

I enjoy the day off as much as i can, baking pastries with my little niece all day. Hope you are doing fine.

@KK senpai

You’re welcome KK senpai, i really don’t mind, we are a community, and if i can help other members here, i will do it.
I have still learn a lot about the japanese language and Japan in general. The real challenge with language learning is not to learn the language itself, which in most cases you can do in a few months to a couple/three years for most languages if you’re serious, but to gain all the historical, religious and all what is called the cultural knowledge that a native grow up with naturally, if your goal is to be able to read, watch and understanding everything that an adult in that language should be able to understand and that’s what i’m trying to do now.
Don’t worry too much about the vocabulary, you will learn them with time. The best way to learn vocabulary is to no be preoccupied by it, just read extensively everything you see, e.g. if a visual novel you find is interesting, try to read the story, the character descriptions, etc… but don’t try to learn by heart each new word you come across, don’t focus on trying to understand every little word, just focus on reading every day a little bit. Eventually you will see words that will appear many times here and there and learns those, because you will look them up and you’re brain will pick them up. One day you will open and try to read a book you once find difficult and you will see that with time each time reading it becomes easier and easier. Try it you will find it works, extensive reading coupled with intensive reading (where you analyze every sentence, every word) is very powerful, this will you take you to the next level.

I finished reading the books i planned to read for the next five days so i purchased new ones, i will share them with everyone here:

So here are the new titles i bought:
https://docs.zoho.eu/sheet/published.do?rid=sjlfqd77ba7ec6adf447c9d4a8364f20b3163

and here are they:
https://mega.nz/#F!5glS3IKa!Zl_cFohk1RfrEbP5L9SHEA

So next purchase date for new books: 1st June 2018

Last edited:
Reactions: Shinseph
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

isaswa wrote on Shine's profile.
File is dead, looking for a re-upload. Thanks.

[230910][マヨタマ] ❕9月19日まで6大特典付き❕【Wオホ声xW分身】~S級冒険者のボクは.始祖淫魔の前では只の餌だった.~ドスケベ爆乳サキュバスx2&分身x2によるW分身おしおきご奉仕♪ [RJ01085040]

sakadigu wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hello, can you please reupload this? Please 🙏
Thanks in advance
Gyaku Oudou
vikingtroll28 wrote on girlcelly's profile.
Please seed torrent Piaキャロ 20th ANNIVERSARY PACK (5% left to download).
thebreaker2 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine.
Could you please re-upload game RJ01019462? Thank you so much!