little help with LAN and VMs

Abbysmall

Trusted Member
Apr 19, 2012
so can someone please give me a little help with this:
The Situation: a PS4" but way cheaper) in the VM?

PS: I have a Router, minimal knowledge about networks, beatiful light brown eyes and a lot of free time (damn jobs are hard to find...)

Last edited:
what are the VM softare you're using? For example, I'm using VMWare Workstation.

i will try VMWare Workstation, but mounting the VDI wont i get in trouble if i acess an infected file?

no, unless you execute it in your host. A host means the baremetal pc you're running, a guest is your vm.

Basically you just mount the vdi, then transfer the iso, then demount the vdi.

Reactions: Abbysmall
btw now i got kinda interested (BTW i tried to mount the VDI but my VDI is "dinamic alocated" so i apparently cant do that), not to solve my problem but does someone knows if there is that kind of LAN? (where some machines can only receive and not send data?) (sorry for the double post)

I don't think you have the equipment for that. As far as I know I don't think your router has ACL on it. There might be a function similar but I doubt it. Or maybe there's a software emulator you might wanna try your search there. But in the end, I think if you wanna make some host only receive your best bet might be a cheap business class router or switch and configure ACL in it.

Reactions: Abbysmall
well i did find this "client Filter" thing, but it is very limited here is a pic
CLIENTFILTER.png
("ambos" means "both"), i look what UDP means and maybe it could fit my intended use? (since it doesnt confirm the end of packages i imagine it doesnt send data unless the user delibaretedly(if that is a word) wants to, right?)

Last edited:
I have no idea why you would want to block your VM from communicating to the outside but you can always install a software firewall on it and start playing with permission. Comodo Firewall is a good start.

If it's just that your afraid that the malware or virus will spread to your comp using the firewall to block the vmware's ip and it should drop all packet from going into your actual pc(s). This still makes me laugh as this is basically putting a shield the reversed way xD.

Thank You everyone who tried to help me, there's a option where you can choose a specific file to share(it can even be Read only, so no infection problems!) i used it and it solved my problem, so,case closed i guess, again, Thank You Very Much Checkmate and Ahia, Happy New Year to both of you!

@ Checkmate
i was worried because i usually get all kind of new viruzes out there (although i do have help since my PC is "The Family PC" even though i bought it myself...) , i have so much luck in getting screwd (technologically) that I would not be surprized if my desktop had Herpes... (this phrase somehow sounds wrong...)

@Ahia
O_o i totally didnt think of that... i cant believe i was at the top in my network classes in my technician course...

Lol I am getting my CCNA next week too from my self study xD. But yea being on top of a class is one thing but thinking how to make your own solution is another tier of problems.

Lol I am getting my CCNA next week too from my self study xD. But yea being on top of a class is one thing but thinking how to make your own solution is another tier of problems.
True... but in a way, finding problems and things you dont know is good, it will make you learn more stuff i dont know if i read it somewhere someone said this to me but: "Problems can be steps in the stairs of your growth, it only depends on how you deal with them"

and congrats on the CCNA (it is some kinda of certificate right? at least that is what Mister Google led me to believe) here where I live we get a CREA, i hope i will be getting my soon

Yea it's a vender cert. Pretty important in the networking field here if you can get one in brazil I suggest you should get it too and start researching various path from it if you like this networking field lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, is it possible for you to reup these old ded links?
お兄ちゃんは私だけのものなんだからっ!!
Sirvipe235 wrote on ramori's profile.
Hey big thanks for uploading!

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01073118.html

Do you perhaps also have this one? I also can't find it online!
CHAOCHAO8899 wrote on Shine's profile.
can you upload this?
[240426][アトリエさくら]性調教済だった愛する彼女 ~他の男から仕込まれていた淫乱性癖
KASA80951016 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, sorry to bother. Could I please you to reupload the Mexashare of this game.
thebreaker2 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
RJ109073 ver 1.05

Please could you reupload these?