Let's Create a VN!!!

Hmm true remembrance switches between characters every other chapter? Could work but gets more complicated again xD

There's a few ways to have a dual story~

1. Specific times that the story switches frequently.
This can be things like going to sleep, a certain day, a "resting event" or "handing event." (like a "hold that thought")

2. Event Time slices.
Scenes are planned in "blocks" with 1-3 main events in each block. After each block you would change who you're focusing on. Think of it as an anime with a beginning, commercial split, and ending "wrap up the episode."

3. Merging story.
This kinda "runs into" the beginning story of the other protagonist. Then once you spend detailed time with him, you run back into the first with either passed time, or where you left off. It's a little more difficult to do, and requires weaving the two stories, making it where one tells something about the other that you must know.

4. Dialog switch.
This one is very uncommon, and can be confusing if you can't do it right. The idea is that once you start a conversation with a main person, you just happen to "follow" that person around and seamlessly switched. It's usually at the beginning or ending of the conversation.

ummmmm I think a good point to switch is somewhere around dreams, memories, etc~
like after a person's dream ends, it switches into a normal mode of the other person.

even if these ideas don't work out, it'll still give some direction of what the story will look like. keep in mind that these are first two very different stories being brought together. The fact that it's made by two different people makes it more immersive.

----
[MENTION=23111]Slayn312[/MENTION];

Length of the game should never be considered, because if we're too short or too beyond that goal, it'll make the writers either add "fluff" or water down the story.

Length is determined by average reading speed, which is 150 words per minute (wpm).
Divide that by the total words, and you have total minutes.

Hmm why not give the game replay value by having it so that you can play as the second character after you finish the first story? Then maybe have a third/true ending if they play the game again~

[MENTION=17020]~SnowAngel~[/MENTION]; hmm we could use those methods to use dual story. now, how the protagonist characters would be?

sounds like a nice twist to me~ XD
would be a little more effort~ it might be better to just make v2 and v3 as separate though~
hearing from readers is always encouraging :3

hmmmm for characters, you have two foundations you can pick to build from:
traits that make the characters.
Characters that have certain traits.

The first is internal to outward based.
the second is external to internal based. (which gives you a picture in mind to draw from~)

Hmm.... Might add what talents/abilities the characters will have also.....

but first we need to determine the traits.... I'll design the character's appearance

12 endings. 8 bad, 4 good ones or 4 neutral/good/bad. lots of choices. flashbacks. traumas. paranoia. include all this.

EDIT: tsukihime ripoff with various gimmicks added. <-- just go with this and that^

Last edited:
12 endings. 8 bad, 4 good ones or 4 neutral/good/bad. lots of choices. flashbacks. traumas. paranoia. include all this.

EDIT: tsukihime ripoff with various gimmicks added. <-- just go with this and that^

I was about to say that sounded alot like Tsukihime lol.

It is by far the greatest visual novel of all time! D: Even if things about it are dated it still stand tall as a masterpiece~

Edit: I hope you guys do end up doing this though, I'm really interested in trying it out~

Last edited:
I could make the dreams like poetry sometimes~ :P

hmmmm wish I knew someone who could make it for osx x_x
I know there's several VNs for osx~~ some that are only for osx :P

what's really cool is that some are made as a widget to see on dashboard.

Hmm, you probably haven't played the game Lost Odyssey but there is some dream scenes in that game that were just breathtaking~ They were done very beautifully, with a sense of poetic writing. I'm sure you can find them on youtube to get a idea of what I mean by searching "Lost Odyssey thousand year dreams". I think its the perfect method to use for dreaming in a visual novel~

Just a idea to try and help you guys out~ ;D

hmmmmm it's helpful for inspiration as far as describing, but I'm not sure if it would do well for the artists.
It's tempting to try and re-create something that's already made. What I've learned from some teachers is that it's better to do what you can first, and then make other works fit yours~ :goodtea:
she meant that for english papers~ but it can apply to alot of things :P

btw, there's a full playthrough on yt.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgumex46YkY

I might watch it sometime~ there's a few other games i plan on watching XD
during the summer, i just watched the whole game of Tales of Graces. Skipping battles helped too~ lol

TYPE MOON IS AWESOOOME!! Start with not-that-great graphics in Tsukihime, until awesome graphic in mahou tsukai no yoru...

btw what the protagonist's gender will be?

I want to be far away from stereotype, typical and predictable as possible~ :goodtea:
not where everything is random of course~ :P

either way, we have 2 protagonists of both genders~

I'll put more thought into character development when I don't have to worry about tests coming up.

btwwww i should mention. When people read to evaluate what's been given, you have to do it in 3 ways:
1. enjoy yourself as a reader, and give the impression.
2. Critically re-read things for grammar, spelling, vagueness, etc~ (don't worry about it the first time)
3. Read again for further suggestions to add to where the story is going~

mmmm it doesn't have to be in that order, but it's best if you save the 2nd for after reading it for enjoyment.
having art would have to come after the chapter or wtv is considered really good~ I think the artist would like it better to have the freedom of drawing what they feel like the text is saying. If they need help with what's going on, the writers could put pictures of mind into words for them~

btw, royalty free music issss music offered by the publisher freely?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
Can you PLEASE reupload this one? Thank you.

✨Shine✨[240426][おふろワークス] サキと淫絡の坩堝 [RJ01138218]

mobius0417 wrote on Esan's profile.
[070525][ROOT] 桃華月憚(とうかげったん) 豪華版

The link for the above work is broken on Katfile and Mexashare, so please re-upload it.
Shhlime wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Could you reupload this relatively vintage game on Mexa? Would appreciate greatly.