[ILLUSION] Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) - Discussion & FAQ

Translation of new product! It is for sure clear that Illusion is updating from the works of our great HS modders! They should be hiring you guys.

I have to say that i've just reinstall the game without mods, i have the game full modded and clean install.
The game without the mods from HS/Anime-sharing is just dull...

The mods just polished the game so good... it's like the modders are the game produtcors themselves

it's not the best answer but i got your point of view.
In the studio you can create whatever u want and it's epic! but you lack the immersion u have in the normal game.
it's just a poser.
Yes, you can create animations...but they are dull and lack of life. u need to edit and manipulate so many things in order to make that "scene" of yours alive that it's killing the fun...
I used to play a lot of posers and i know what im saying....there is turn on, but turn off as well...

well currently the studio isn't a game, it's basically an after thought by illusion. which is why I said that their next game should focus on making the studio into a game, where you can interact with the girl(s). Kinda like VR Kanojo where you get to move clothing/objects with the controller and the girl react to it.
but my point is that currently studio is whats keeping the game alive, cause the game itself has little to no replay value (basically a movie viewer) Character sharing has wind down, but studio scene sharing has remind steady.

I wonder if illusion will ever go the appstore model for mods.

There are some stuff I saw somewhere that Illusion has ripped and modified. I never got the chance to take those screen-shots because I wasn't interested that time. But seeing how taken idea from here or some other forum. It might possible some day they will visit it.:P

Do you know if they'll be adding IK position editing for items like tails, balloons--like, any moving accessory?

I would love to see Illusion experimenting on this kind of concept : it would tremendously help broaden the audience of their Studio apps.

As I stated above, my main grief with the posers are their "high effort / low reward" nature. You have to spend a big amount of time to pose your characters, select animations and states in clunky nested menus, fight with broken IK rigs and their crappy gizmos, install truckloads of often conflicting mods to fix things that should work from the get-go... simply in order to get a few screenshots at the end ? (Seriously ?)

If Illusion had to make a game where the goal is to pose characters for pictures, it would certainly push them to refine their whole approach : it would force them to make the posing process actually engaging and enjoyable for the "average player".
They would need to nail a proper implementation of the basics : an IK rig with enforced constraints, that actually uses roll joints to prevent deformations, and can be piloted from a slick UI. Once they have this feature set, a "posing idol" game could be built on top of it without too much hassle. And be actually enjoyable for players.

This is something that is truly lacking in their current system, and as long as they don't fix it, their Studio apps won't pick the interest of the mass : most of us are playing games for fun and we really can't be bothered having to fight our way through poorly-designed user-experiences (kudos to the Studio masters out there actually going through all this shit to create scenes, by the way).

I agree with this.

There are a lot of limitations in the character creator, as well, simply due to animation clipping, like the lack of adjustments for the forehead, hands, neck, feet, etc., that you can only fix with mods. I really only use the Studio and character creator, and have learned to use workarounds to create the scenes I want, but it can require a lot of work. Can't be bothered with the main game.

A studio that is better optimised for scene and comic creation would be really awesome.

Last edited:
CAn someone link me the torrent/working magnet for the original game, patches/dlc's and htc vive/oculus rift patch? (using vive)

CAuse the only magnet i found has no seeders, and the other magnet was broken.

Edit: So i got it working, installed the patches, english translations and the VR patch. But it's still not VR, still japanese. What did i do wrong? Haven't installed the other models that came with the main torrent. (installed them manually)

Last edited:
CAn someone link me the torrent/working magnet for the original game, patches/dlc's and htc vive/oculus rift patch? (using vive)

CAuse the only magnet i found has no seeders, and the other magnet was broken.

Those links are all in the first post of this thread. Once you have installed the game and the expansion pack, simply use the latest version of the EMF Patch : it comes with all the updates, pre-order bonuses, uncensor, translation, and now includes VR support.

Download Links

Main Game : Honey Select[Torrent from Gircelly][Torrent from 2D.G.F]
Expansion Pack : Additionnal Personality -Active-[Torrent from Gircelly][Torrent from 2D.G.F]

Official Game Updates

Download the all-in-one Update + DLC + Translation + Uncensor patches from this thread : Honey Select - MF Patch + EMF Patch

Since you edited your post, I have to edit mine, too.

Edit: So i got it working, installed the patches, english translations and the VR patch. But it's still not VR, still japanese. What did i do wrong? Haven't installed the other models that came with the main torrent. (installed them manually)

For an easy install, there's a "Recommended installation with VR support" installation path in the EMF Patch. It's in the dropdown menu on top of the page where you can select all the mods and plugins. If you use the patch, you don't have to care about the updates or the other goodies that came with the torrents (like the souki / yoyaku bonuses) : they are already included.

After you finished the installation, run "HoneySelect_64_WideSliderPatch.exe" and/or "HoneySelect_64_WideSliderPatch.exe", then quit the game(s). This will patch the binaries to enable the WideSlider plugin (if you installed it).

Then drag and drop the applications ( "HoneySelect_64.exe" and/or "HoneyStudio_64.exe" ) over the IPA executable. This will patch the binaries again. Alternatively, you can just launch the "HoneySelect_64VR" and/or "HoneyStudio_64VR" apps : they will patch the binaries before launching the game in VR.

Last edited:
Alrighty. Got it to work. But is there anything "you" can do? or is it only preset scenes?

And what did you mean by dragging the honeyselect over to the ipa? What's an ipa? (other than that ipa's are ios game installations)

Sample voice for updated voice released (of course, can't hear them out)...

...and lots of maker stuff to be added (over 170)...this is likely to do numbers to existing mods so brace yourselves.

Five front hairs, six back hairs, one side hair, 9 new irises, one new eyebrow, two eyelashes, seven cheeks, six eye-shadows, three lips, three more face-type and two "wrinkles" (mecha), five face tattoos, four body tattoos, and a few more muscles. All of this for female...and nothing for male.

...and 119 articles of clothing, some of which is to be available as Neo Studio items as well (does this imply that the old studio won't get them?) Many of these are [fantasy] combat gear from what I can gather, including pieces of "leather armor", knight visor, etc...

More is likely to come...

http://www.illusion.jp/preview/honey_party/plus/index.php?0224dfg

Can someone tell me how to use zodgame.us? The Chinese website is a little too complicated for me. I was able to make an account then download two mods then i cant download anymore. Try making a new account it wouldnt let me.

EDIT: Never mind fixed it. Just post stuff for points to see download links.

you get 10 points, call "soy sauce". Everytime you comment on a thread you get 1 point. You can get 5 per hour I believe by commenting up to 10 a day or something like that.

This game is great but you got to be a dam computer wiz to almost install and get it alright and working. Could someone make a step by step install instructional and dumb it down as much as possible I can play mine but I'm sure it's not at is potential. I'm scared to mess with it now cause half of my stuff don't work. Any advice or help would be great half my stuff goes to a black screen and just a pointer

How do you add more characters? I added a few of those "card" images that supposedly adds more characters, but ingame there's no new ones in the list?

it may be that those cards are referencing mods you don't have installed thus those chars don't show up in the list

This game is great but you got to be a dam computer wiz to almost install and get it alright and working.

Hardly wiz stuff but for people who have trouble there are those patches by dr.Yoshi

just curious guys, (have a plan to buy VR sometime soon) how VR Experience with this game? thank you?

and looking forward for VR Kanojo as well ;)

Re: [ILLUSION] Honey♥Select (ハニーセレクト) - Discussion & FAQ

It's not just cards it's the game itself I have to play the Initsetting version of it for some reason none of the other stuff works just a black screen it's the only one that plays

It's not just cards it's the game itself I have to play the Initsetting version of it for some reason none of the other stuff works just a black screen it's the only one that plays

Indeed...

...it does look like you have to position those mech stuff yourself though - setting that chobham armor part on head by default doesn't make any sense.

Just out of curiosity can a laptop with these specs run this game smoothly? Acer Laptop Aspire E E5-575G-55KK Intel Core i5 7th Gen 7200U (2.50 GHz) 8 GB DDR4 Memory 1 TB HDD NVIDIA GeForce 940MX 15.6" Windows 10 Home It's also 1080p so 1920x1080

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

RXxxxxx wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,
The latest version of Bloodroot, ver.1.1.5.0, is out. Could you upload this?
Thx!
mobius0417 wrote on Shine's profile.
✨Shine✨[240215][umyn] 異世界転生マジカルチンポ 完全版 [RJ01154724]
Please re-upload
Elaina-San wrote on UFO's profile.
Hii! do you by any chance have this post archive by でじまら or dejimara? FANBOX 2023年05月号 the one that includes Elaina?
Thanks!
Redlof wrote on Shine's profile.
Hello, can you please reupload https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ154687.html & https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ269035.html (mexa or rosefile) & Part 3 of this on mexa if it's not a problem - https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ262921.html (threads too long to link, sorry)