How do you store your manga or anime?

excalibur

Fool
Elite Member
Oct 9, 2013
Planning to buy some storage for my manga and anime but dont know which is the best for it.

How do you store it?

Depends on how serious you are. I use an external 3 tb drive for my media, like anime, TV shows, movies, music albums, etc.

When I collected American comic books, I stored them individually in protective sleeves, and kept them in comic boxes. I recently sold off my collection for a fair bit of change. ;)

Sounds good. Got alot of american comics I know how to store those but manga is a little bit different maybe a big bookshelve / manga protective selves

Got some external hard drives for anime but I need some more :)

Sounds good. Got alot of american comics I know how to store those but manga is a little bit different maybe a big bookshelve / manga protective selves

Got some external hard drives for anime but I need some more :)

I'm sure there are manga sized bags out there. One problem with bookshelves is that if they are exposed to light, that could affect the value of the books.

As to external drives, if it's within your budget, there are 3 tb drives on a certain major auction site (u guess which ;) ) for under $150 US.

I dont really get full on sunlight in my room. Its pretty shaded but I might get a bookselve that has a door so I close the sunlight from the books

A lot depends on whether you just want to keep your manga handy to read, or if you're a serious collector protecting an investment.

Bookshelf for physical goods + External enclosure with OEM HDDs for digital goods

What about Tencent?
It's a cloud storage (like Dropbox) with 10TB of storage.

There's been a lot of good and bad things said about cloud storage. It is convenient. The service provider takes on the responsibility for the data. By that same token. There are several security issues involved in cloud storage. If the server goes down, your data could be lost.

Cost wise, cloud storage might typically run $5-10 per month. A 3 TB external drive is under $150. Consult your budget vs time of storage, for the better option.

The main thing that decides it for me against, is that with cloud storage you lose all direct physical control of the data.

Reactions: oilaolenm
Laptop with 1 TB: Just the animes I downloaded since the last backup and I plan to watch the next weeks.
First external with 1 TB: All of my music and the most often played games.
Second external with 2 TB: Everything from the internal and the external harddrive.

But I have to admit that I just keep the animes I really like. Around 50% of the animes I watch are deleted after a few months if I didn't like them that much. And for mangas I'm just using online reader :)

Still burning them onto DVDs for datas.

Physical : Manga...shove them into an unused wardrobe and various ones that's still read around...and anime on top of bookcase and in shelves...

I store mine in a super secret underground base the bottom drawer of my two dressers. Just because I'm a poor person lol.

Most of it on my HDDs :/
dont have much money, so I cant buy all the stuff I want.
But I have my little precious collection of bought stuff.
These I have in my super awesome.....box (lol)
I am gonna move soon so I stored it in a mover box <3
I used to have all my Anime and Manga in a book shelf together with all my games

External 4TB hard drive for safekeeping all my media files, and 2Tb portable, when im on the go. Also i have 1TB portable for my naught stuff, hidden & stashed away

I have an HDD for anime.
I keep my mangas in my bookshelf.
Pretty normal. c:

On DVD/Blu-ray combo packs sitting on my shelves (Read: one on top of each other to what I call my shelves)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on biohrd's profile.
To y'all, he's been gone for a while now. Like, for years. When he'll be back? Who knows.

I'm just here to tell you, save your breath.
gaoda1347 wrote on Shine's profile.
the 「Clear Girlー無色透明彼女ー」 has a fix patch was uploaded. could you reupload it plz?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threa...ftware-clear-girlー無色透明彼女ー-rj01093304.1489533/
AoToHime wrote on ramori's profile.
Hello there. Can you please upload this?

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01199671.html/

Thanks in advance!
[Request] [RJ01110786]【巨根裏垢Keyくん。】マスクの下が見たい?じゃあ……ここにDMして

RJ01110786_img_main.webp

https://www.dlsite.com/girls/work/=/product_id/RJ01110786.html

https://www.dlsite.com/girls/work/=/product_id/RJ01110786.html
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, RJ323169 RJ328721 RJ342268 links are dead, could you please reupload these?