Hongfire offline?

Yea, I still can't access. I made it to the home page then when I clicked on the hentai forums it loaded until infinity.

I've been doing some searching for problems with vBulletin 5, and have found nothing related to "slowdowns" resulting from increased traffic. Anyone got any evidence? I would certainly like to read up on what is the supposed problem. But this doesn't make me want to run back to Hongfire only to have it crap out again!

Oh, and saying, "It's working fine for me!" is like saying "I have a sandwich, so the rest of you can't be hungry!". Just remember, Hongfire would probably work fine for the spammers too!

At the moment, the site is like a rickety old bridge. Cross it at your own peril, but don't be surprised if it collapses under you.

HF still down here, and after the "upgrade" I never saw much improvement. It was a laggy mess from the start on my end. :/ Rep was destroyed and I couldn't use quotes or even URLs in "comment" posts without them messing up. Sometimes my edits would even save and then take a very long time to refresh to see if it did. Othertimes posts would have size 150 fonts and take up the entire screen!

I've been doing some searching for problems with vBulletin 5, and have found nothing related to "slowdowns" resulting from increased traffic. Anyone got any evidence? I would certainly like to read up on what is the supposed problem. But this doesn't make me want to run back to Hongfire only to have it crap out again!

Oh, and saying, "It's working fine for me!" is like saying "I have a sandwich, so the rest of you can't be hungry!". Just remember, Hongfire would probably work fine for the spammers too!

At the moment, the site is like a rickety old bridge. Cross it at your own peril, but don't be surprised if it collapses under you.

It works perfectly on a very sporadic basis for me. Mostly late at night, early morning, pacific time.

Well, I can safely say, that right now, HF is down once again, lol.
Just checked using websitedown.info, so it's confirmed.

It's up again. I can access it, and it works fine for a time, then locks up. Still about 1220 users and guests. Why is that number so steady? I would think I would see numbers below 1000 every once in a while.

Those are probably the ones coming directly from google to various posts on the site for programs, tutorials etc.
To keep it in prospective, here on anime-sharing "There are currently 8904 users online. 184 members and 8720 guests" so those numbers are not out of the ordinary.

Dear HF-refugees and neighbors.

Dunno, but for me is this with HF like a game already. Really, the staff there playing with your endurance: who'll give up or not...xD

If this further more than a week goes (what actually since years already, but this is a different topic...) with HF, then you should finally decide, if you further with this "game" continue wanna or maybe to other forums join, like here or somewhere else. Hmm, because I'd this after a certain time not further continue wanna, I'm not a sadist with myself.

Dunno, but for me is this with HF like a game already. Really, the staff there playing with your endurance: who'll give up or not...xD

If this further more than a week goes (what actually since years already, but this is a different topic...) with HF, then you should finally decide, if you further with this "game" continue wanna or maybe to other forums join, like here or somewhere else. Hmm, because I'd this after a certain time not further continue wanna, I'm not a sadist with myself.

Personally i've already decided to move away. Even though i hadn't been a member for long i liked the users there but I don't see a reason to stay on a broken forum that's not being fixed in the near future and as a result of it is constantly losing traffic and users, not to mention nonnew users will want to subscribe with the forum in the current state.
Obviously the choice won't be so easy for people who had been users for many years or modders who had their threads with all of their work on it.

Yeah I find enough cool/active people like yourself (you are the only welcoming person I've seen here, so far...) I may consider the permanent switch over. I've been coming to AS for years since HF always recommends this place. :) Right now AS seems kind of inactive when it comes to posting in my opinion, but I am new to the "non lurker group" so may be missing stuff. No doubt that AS is the very best place to find Japanese entertainment content though. HF was always my go to place for tech help and modding resources for games. I made a lot of acquaintances and was actively involved with the HF modding community so it's hard to just throw that all away..

Honestly, this thread is getting ridiculous;

User#155:"It works again!"
User#1988:"It's down again!"
User#987:"It works now..."
User#987:"... not anymore."
User#2378:"It works when i don't look."
User#46:"When i masturbate too much, it stops working."

For Pete's sake :boys_pissed:

Reactions: espiekerella
Honestly, this thread is getting ridiculous;

User#155:"It works again!"
User#1988:"It's down again!"
User#987:"It works now..."
User#987:"... not anymore."
User#2378:"It works when i don't look."
User#46:"When i masturbate too much, it stops working."

For Pete's sake :boys_pissed:

it's just self-deceiving, since HF got hacked and they changed the layout it's getting worse, like a free fall. and nope, since i've commented it didn't worked in an acceptable way all these days, having to reload the page 40 times to try to load some shit. exactly the same crap performance back then and right now

hf is dead the moment i can get patches to play my 3d japanese jerk off games in english on another website, just saiyan

Personally i've already decided to move away. Even though i hadn't been a member for long i liked the users there but I don't see a reason to stay on a broken forum that's not being fixed in the near future and as a result of it is constantly losing traffic and users, not to mention nonnew users will want to subscribe with the forum in the current state.
Obviously the choice won't be so easy for people who had been users for many years or modders who had their threads with all of their work on it.
Oh, it was a wise decision then from you^_^

Well, to be honest, I was also a HF-member a bit more than 6 years ago: I was about for a year member till HF started has to die and etc. About in spring 2011 did then signed up here, but then crashed my PC and got busy, where then I did me just at next year re-signed up...

Since at that time I enjoying in ASF to be, did with many interesting and awesome people met, did many useful things here learned also. Well, I hope then, that you also those unique experiences here making will, like I did!
Yeah I find enough cool/active people like yourself (you are the only welcoming person I've seen here, so far...) I may consider the permanent switch over. I've been coming to AS for years since HF always recommends this place. :) Right now AS seems kind of inactive when it comes to posting in my opinion, but I am new to the "non lurker group" so may be missing stuff. No doubt that AS is the very best place to find Japanese entertainment content though. HF was always my go to place for tech help and modding resources for games. I made a lot of acquaintances and was actively involved with the HF modding community so it's hard to just throw that all away..

Well, I can then you after years welcome to the active part of ASF...xD

And well... This silence on ASF is just more or less temporary: usually at every few weeks we have a active week so, where then the most need a "re-charge" time...xD

And lol... I make it very like the newbies to welcome...:goodtea:

Edit: Then you can quiet your stuff from there transfer and continue with your projects.

Did you guys see this update from a mod, demonix00? Not totally promising but glad he posted something...

Well we can't exactly log in and do anything if we CAN'T EVEN ACCESS THE SITE (which is what has been happening to me through this whole mess as it either didn't work or just did for a few minutes).

Also, Hongfire is the only one with admin power and we lowly moderators can only clean up the bots which is what I did the last time I was able to get this working.

Hongfire is on the case of this problem now after upgrading the forum to the latest version, he's trying to get a new SSD installed onto the server to speed things back up but what I think is needed is a cleanup of all the bot created threads that are no longer visible (mostly, since there might be a few in the community centre that can't be accessed because of the maximum page limit).

Did you guys see this update from a mod, demonix00? Not totally promising but glad he posted something...

Yes. I just looked at it. I really hope it will work for HF, and it's encouraging to hear that they are looking at the problem. Still, I'm surprise that the staff couldn't access more then this, while so many actually could... Just a simple announcement would have been appreciated.

Hope the best for HF and I will go back on a regular base, but I'm decided to be more a part of AS as well. I feel more and more at home here...

I still hold out hope that our beloved Hongfire will be back one day as strong as ever.

In the meantime, however, it's starting to tick me off that mod creators aren't bringing their work over here.

They all know that most people can't access HF and yet some of them refuse to make the move.

I don't have the time in my life to wait for Hongfire to load and that bums me out that I might be missing out on some awesome mod because it is stuck in HF limbo. :p

I still hold out hope that our beloved Hongfire will be back one day as strong as ever.

In the meantime, however, it's starting to tick me off that mod creators aren't bringing their work over here.

They all know that most people can't access HF and yet some of them refuse to make the move.

I don't have the time in my life to wait for Hongfire to load and that bums me out that I might be missing out on some awesome mod because it is stuck in HF limbo. :p

To my knowledge, many of the best modders and tools makers are here. For the rest, you have to be patient...

... I would, but my mods are for SBPR, and I don`t remember seeing an SBPR mod release thread here

Currently I am still stuck between whether to make my final jump to HS and make studio mods or stay in SBPR and keep working on the studio mods. For that I have to wait until Illusion is stop releasing patches and they are officially done with HS.

I was just there (HF) , pretty much like Kensaiakamei says, works for a bit and then doesn't ....manage to get some goodies from there yesterday

....was actually there(today) to check up on the shorcut plugin's compatibility with the full game since it's not working right for me (next/previous pose does nothing, trying to adjust parts sizes just makes the menu disappear until you finish h scene)

did not actually manage to figure out if it works with the full game since i spent my time checking the HS girls thread and when i did decide to look for the info HF had become unresponsive for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on biohrd's profile.
To y'all, he's been gone for a while now. Like, for years. When he'll be back? Who knows.

I'm just here to tell you, save your breath.
gaoda1347 wrote on Shine's profile.
the 「Clear Girlー無色透明彼女ー」 has a fix patch was uploaded. could you reupload it plz?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threa...ftware-clear-girlー無色透明彼女ー-rj01093304.1489533/
AoToHime wrote on ramori's profile.
Hello there. Can you please upload this?

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01199671.html/

Thanks in advance!
[Request] [RJ01110786]【巨根裏垢Keyくん。】マスクの下が見たい?じゃあ……ここにDMして

RJ01110786_img_main.webp

https://www.dlsite.com/girls/work/=/product_id/RJ01110786.html

https://www.dlsite.com/girls/work/=/product_id/RJ01110786.html
hc1992 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi, RJ323169 RJ328721 RJ342268 links are dead, could you please reupload these?