Hongfire offline?

A sudden flock of over a thousand users jumped at the opportunity to get on... At the same time,
causing it to distribute timeouts again

Goes nuts when users exceeds 1500. Many people are you know refreshing in hope to get in. I will not hang there for a month or so. But you can discuss your SBPR mod update here. Since we are both the last members who have discussed so far.

Goes nuts when users exceeds 1500. Many people are you know refreshing in hope to get in. I will not hang there for a month or so. But you can discuss your SBPR mod update here. Since we are both the last members who have discussed so far.

Eh, I managed to get onto the SBPR mod discussion thread. It started lagging out badly after I clicked the picture icons.

For now, I'll just post pictures:

newhairkairi2_by_geekygami-dage28c.png
newhairnamine_by_geekygami-dage287.png
newhair_by_geekygami-dagdvnv.png

Reactions: fguelffstan
Eh, I managed to get onto the SBPR mod discussion thread. It started lagging out badly after I clicked the picture icons.

For now, I'll just post pictures:

newhairkairi2_by_geekygami-dage28c.png
newhairnamine_by_geekygami-dage287.png
newhair_by_geekygami-dagdvnv.png

Last hair (Red short hair) looks better than rest of...

In some ways it's better (More strands) but in others it's not (You can see here that the separation between objects isn't quite as smooth a line as it could be.)

It was one of the haircuts that were available for 3d Custom Girl. Unfortunately, the way the mesh had been made didn't port over to non-cellshaded shaders very well.

There was a visible seam in one part of the front, and the UV maps weren't lining up, so I just up and redid it.

It took the longest time out of all of them, as I had to later go in and fix the weights for the front part, as the animation of the hair used to cause a visual seam.
Namine's hair is still affected by this, but I'll fix it later. Currently about 70% done with creating the mesh for Roxas' hair. After that I'll need to unwrap the UVS.
(It's so much easier with quads, holy shit)

Anyways, the way I was going about determining the amount of strands was by looking at the hair's original texture, as it easily showed me separate tufts, as opposed to the simplified in-game meshes, which did not.

The 3DCG one had a lot more strands than the hairs from KH ever would have, so that made it super long to do, but I'm glad I made it. It's one of my favorites so far

Pffft, for a moment I thought my browser was legit unable to see that picture. Then I realized the thought bubble wasn't part of the error :diploma:

I lost track of how long Hongfire's been down now. Even when it's up, there is extreme lag. Anyone know what's going on? Is it still under attack? Did the Admin give up on paying the bill? -_-

Hongfire has been effectively unreachable for about 9 days now, ever since Honey Select was released. Some say it's because of the traffic and vBulletin 5. Others say it's because of spam-bots. No one knows because anyone in charge (Hongfire himself or any staff) have not been on to make a statement about the problem, or acknowledge they are working on a fix.

I've been doing a little research, and the traffic volume up to September 16 is no higher than it was on July 16 of this year. Don't know when the switch over to vBulletin 5 forum software occurred. Will do a little more digging to find out. Some people apparently have no problem with the site, and I'm curious as to what their locations are. From Japan? Korea? China?

Meanwhile, I found that the server for Hongfire is actually located very close to me. I pinged the site's IP and got back very good results, so I'm not sure what that means as I cannot access the site with any dependability. If I can find the IP's phone number, I may give them a call and check to make sure they're not having some difficulties with their servers. But the ping result was very good, so I don't know. I'll try again later.

We'll wait and see, but if this continues I would make sure and save any mods you may want to your computer. Without the owners, and with virtually no safeguards, Hongfire is very ripe for hacking.

Hongfire has been effectively unreachable for about 9 days now, ever since Honey Select was released. Some say it's because of the traffic and vBulletin 5. Others say it's because of spam-bots. No one knows because anyone in charge (Hongfire himself or any staff) have not been on to make a statement about the problem, or acknowledge they are working on a fix.

I've been doing a little research, and the traffic volume up to September 16 is no higher than it was on July 16 of this year. Don't know when the switch over to vBulletin 5 forum software occurred. Will do a little more digging to find out. Some people apparently have no problem with the site, and I'm curious as to what their locations are. From Japan? Korea? China?

Meanwhile, I found that the server for Hongfire is actually located very close to me. I pinged the site's IP and got back very good results, so I'm not sure what that means as I cannot access the site with any dependability. If I can find the IP's phone number, I may give them a call and check to make sure they're not having some difficulties with their servers. But the ping result was very good, so I don't know. I'll try again later.

We'll wait and see, but if this continues I would make sure and save any mods you may want to your computer. Without the owners, and with virtually no safeguards, Hongfire is very ripe for hacking.

to be honest, i love HF community but i'm very displeased with the current layout and the situation of the page over all, i know people tried it before, but we really need to bring our community to AS, HF administration is like a ghost ship

Yea switching over to here is a good idea if HF dies out or keeps being unreliable. I'm worried that the erogaming community is going to disperse with the way things are going. :( The last time HF died for a while, I tried out Nihonomaru, but they suffered the same fate of being hacked and I lost everything I posted there.

I always liked AS's clean and quick design, I've just been part of HF so darn long (12 years!) that it become a habit posting/browsing there. It's glory days are definitely over though.. :( The downtime is going to be hard to recover from.

Well, the gate of ASF is of course also for HF-refugees open, be brave and sign up, we won't you bite [inline-spoiler]but probably a bit...xD[/inline-spoiler]^_^

Managed to get two posts in and check on October anime release...I'm either lucky, or things really is getting better...

Managed to get two posts in and check on October anime release...I'm either lucky, or things really is getting better...

Been browsing and posting for an hour and a half without any huge detrimental issues, and there's 1200 people online. I think it might be getting better :embjudge:

Been browsing and posting for an hour and a half without any huge detrimental issues, and there's 1200 people online. I think it might be getting better :embjudge:

Well since thousands of people got their "pussy" patch... :XD: and server load is now less... The lurkers can WIP......

P.S:
The WIP I said above does not mean "Work-In-Progress" .... It means "Wank-In-Peace"...... :XD:

Oh, I thought it was a fluke, too... I think there might some credence to the fact that HF is running -better- (still not like it was) since it got updated to vBulletin v5.2.3.
This was the first time since HS was released that I was able to browse without that 5+ minute loading time, or a server error.

We'll see if it lasts...

HF was my favorite hentai community and the only one that survived over about 10 years of being there when I was on some others way back in the day. But after this debacle I don't know what to think. As others said, not only is it just Hongfire not being available or providing any update whatsoever, but the entire board staff seems to be doing the same. How can such a huge community go out like a wimper like that? It's frustrating and I'm pretty disappointed with them. At the very least Hongfire should give up the reigns to someone that might care to take over and well, seems like the entire staff should be wiped clean and bring on some new people that actually care. That's the vibe I and others are getting, they don't seem to care at all. That's rather depressing.

It's running better for me but that doesn't change the fact that the entire mod team doesn't seem to care. What if this happens again?

You may not have noticed and I wish HongFire had accounced it, but a few days ago HF was running vB v5.2.2, and now it has been updated to the latest available version. That explains the good connection for the start time. Unfortunately the problem isn't fixed by this update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Ignaus wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hello, do you have this one by any chance? If so, can you please upload if possible?

https://gentleman910.fanbox.cc/posts/7686800
https://www.patreon.com/posts/r18-hmv-60fps-101346789

Thank you.
404notfound wrote on wjooxx's profile.
hi,wjoox
thank you as always!
present for you!!
[東出イロドリ] みがわりのお勉強 [DL版] ↓
https://yourfilestore.com/download/724632/vjhydp.rar.html
please enjoy!!
Lebedev wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
[110624] [OVERDRIVE] 電激ストライカー this version of VN you don't have in stock?
Sirvipe235 wrote on Shine's profile.
I'd like to request a game for you to upload.

https://www.dlsite.com/maniax-touch/work/=/product_id/RJ01077067.html

Would itbe possible fro you to upload this one?

Not sure if best to post here or in PM
Kateni wrote on Shine's profile.
Please Can you upload this
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01174338.html

Thank you! - Edit 21:12