Hongfire offline?

Is it gone for good? Its really saddening that its gone. There a lot of good memories there for me and it was really active back then too.

I dunno why the admins and mods just left without even saying anything.

It's truly crazy how it just up and died like a silent fart. I'll miss it especially with illusion games.

I agree with De Kus, physically HF may reside on some server in well condition. If only admin appear here and just pass database to volunteers.

Attachments

• HF.png
    HF.png
    103.3 KB · Views: 106
Does anyone know if the AGTH H-codes thread is backed up anywhere? Even with later versions of ITH and Textractor and the like, sometimes the H-codes are the only things that work.

Hello there, and MerryXmax.
:boys2_wink:

I don't think it's much but I have some old files I got back from that thread back at year 2009.
Yup, very old, there are some titles but nothing you can heavily rely on.

Here you go.
:boys2_yummy:

Agth Codes 1
Agth Codes 2 (Most links here are directed to users at HF, I pasted it from the txt file, but the link itself didn't. If you want the original file, Just tell me. c: )
Agth Codes 3

I got them from AGTH Thread at Hongfire, and I don't quite remember who compiled them, but credits to them.
Anyway, I'm pretty sure there are other databases of H-codes for the AGTH and more completed out there.
This one for example.
https://vn-hooking.fandom.com/wiki/H-Code

That one is very nice, I think I saw one as well on 4chan which was loaaaded as well. Anyway, cheers and good night.

:boys_love:

Trying to collect what AG3 mods there were hosted on the site. If you have any, please let me know - I have a mega that I'm hosting them on.

I personally really miss the hongfire, had quite a lot of good memories there. Unfortunately it will probably never come back online.

I personally really miss the hongfire, had quite a lot of good memories there. Unfortunately it will probably never come back online.

it was a helpful site. there were many silent members which relied on the site for info and the silent community was completely disregarded when they decided that the site was already dead before it was finally shutdown. they open me up to the world of anime and hentai but now i feel abandoned. lol

would love to give them a good punch and knock several teeth out if i could lol.

I have some of their HF mods. But probably they are not the latest.

Damn it, we need to gather all the modders back. At least we need all those HF mods collection.

What exactly am I supposed to look forward to in life if not the MU soft thread?

Haha this, I always check every 6 months the Musoft thread for updates and now this bad news that Hongfire is gone and so the Musoft thread. 2020 is truly a terrible year.

This might be the wrong place to ask, but is there a backup/alternative for Anime-Sharing? Seeing how HF went and now that normal people like me basically can't post in the file sharing subforums, maybe it's time to find a backup.

What do you mean? Can you elaborate?

I tried to reply in some older torrent threads asking the OP or anyone to reseed, but the post always say waiting for moderation and it'll never get approved. I used to be able to post there. My post is more about asking for if anyone has an alternative/backup just in case, not a complaint on the post restriction.

Hongfire offline and anyone can't contact Hongfire's web administrator
I dunno where did some modder to go like Limalama

Hi, I just want to update everyone on this.

Shortly before HongFire went down for the final time, I started a Discord server for HF refugees at the suggestion of Hayeate. The server was pretty much dormant for the better part of two years, but that changed this past summer when several of HF's main posters finally started showing up and inviting their contacts. (Special thanks to Hurray for keeping so many contacts!)

At this point, we've tracked down over 50 members and are still trying to locate those who remain missing in action. HongFire (the person) hasn't been heard from since 2018 as far as I can tell, so the site is pretty much confirmed dead at this point. We are looking into starting a successor to HF however.

If any HF members are still here or come across this thread, please let me know. Even if you aren't interested in being involved with the HF community again, I'd at least like to get a roll call to make sure everyone's doing well after these last few years.

I'm one of the "Linker"

I was on Hong-Fire from 2010 until the end, of this board. At the beginning was it very nice and funny.
But unfortunately it became around at 2014 or 2015 more and more stupid in this forum, since the old good and funny members disappeared and new ones came.
In my opinion, the mentality had completely changed. I only miss the old Hong-Fire, not the new, which was the last one.
AS is my new home.

I feel like Hong Fire had it's good run but I wonder if they'll ever make a comeback under a new name?

What was sad with the death of HF was the lack of simply saying "goodbye, the site will close in x weeks/months" from the admin.
Simply disappearing is the worst outcome, compared to announcing officially.

Users who are viewing this thread