[Misc] HONEY SELECT RANDOM STUDIO MODS

R

Ram-0-Ram

...............................................................................................

Last edited:
The Cursed House is awesome, I've been looking for some sleazy/trashy settings for some of my models.

Hello everyone !

So, are you ready for the noobiest question of the year ? yes ? Are you REALY READY ??? So, wait for it... Wait for it... NOW : what is this studio thing about ? I mean, you can make screenshots and vids, that's ok, but can you make your own positions, for example, and put them in the "real" game (the "hotel") ? If there's a good tuto about the studio, please let me know. Or an english/german/french version of the manual ?

Oh, and i'm discovering this kind of games, i even didn't know it existed before last month. Very fun, and, as i'm a bit artist, images are realy beautyful. Ok, off-topic.

Have i been noobish enough to put this post in the wrong thread ? Not imppossible - i'm french, "impossible n'est pas français" ! ;-)

And, one more time for so many video games : thank you moders, without you we would never play any achieved game !!!

Reactions: crossdante
Very nice! Out of curiosity, what kind of fixes will you be applying for them? The tricky thing with just about every map I've seen (and the skydomes) is the glitchy shadows that show up on the characters.

Either way, hope you're feeling healthy, and I appreciate that you'd even consider doing all this.

Last edited:
Very nice! Out of curiosity, what kind of fixes will you be applying for them? The tricky with just about every map I've seen (and the skydomes) is the glitchy shadows that show up on the characters.

Either way, hope you're feeling healthy, and I appreciate that you'd even consider doing all this.

There are bad UVs. Bad normals. Left some gift box. Put Backface Cull-Off to support the two way mesh where needed. Size of maps. Materials/Shaders. Glitch shadows is caused by sky-domes. I need to look over that problem. Now I am thinking to create skydomes (Morning, Day, Evening and Night)

Glitch shadows doesn't seem to be a skydome specific problem, I fixed Amamiya's by removing their ability to cast/receive them long ago. I'm pretty sure it's related to the size of the maps, as smaller ones do not have this problem. I've noticed shadow quality drops the moment you put new items in a scene, specifically map/items, so I'm leaning towards the game having a max capacity for handling them. The moment it's over a reasonable limit, they begin to break. The solution (if possible) would be to change that inner game limit. Probably a bad idea for lesser machines, though.

I am not even sure the real reason of the shadow problem now. I re-did my AHM maps again. I couldn't find any bug till I used AHM_Docks and it produced to kind of shadow problem.

This a is bug which has both Cast and Received Shadow enabled.

This the one with Both disabled.

I don't know the fix of this. Only option is to disable the shadow option in the studio.

Another type of shadow bug is the distance. Camera zooms in and out the shadows fade in and out respectively. So I don't know this version of fix because I already spent today understanding it and couldn't find a decent answer nor the fix.

Last Resort: Disable the shadow in the studio.

@Gil - You're quite right about the re-sizing of the maps/skydomes causing those funky shadows, though it's not specifically just that, as ramo pointed out.
That's the problem with the skydomes; for many maps, you have to either move them or re-size them to suit the need of the picture. For the larger maps, you're forced to resize them so they don't obstruct any of the map. What that does, though, is exemplifies and worsens the shadow issue.

It's rough, because as much as I want to use the maps/skydomes, this issue renders many of them unusable. As far as quality is concerned, plasticmind has improved the shadow quality for the 4k diffuse mod, so that's at least helped that issue a bit.

@ramoram - Disabling self-shadows in the studio would really hurt the overall depth and environment of the scene, though (and the characters in it). Hopefully it doesn't come to that. : /

As I said, skydomes are easily fixed. Just disable shadow cast/receive. See Picture 2. That's a modified Amamiya dome set at maximum visible size. No issue.

I don't know what Ram did on the AHM_Docks map, but he didn't disable shadows properly. See picture 1. That's the same map with the shadows disabled.
To disable shadows, select all meshes-->click attributes-->uncheck "Receive", set cast to 0.

Picture 3 is using my Town map, normal size. Notice how the shadows already took a small hit in quality compared to Picture 2. No issue though.
Picture 4 is using the same map, size x11. Issue present.

I already tried the shadow config by plasticmind, tmv. I didn't notice any changes in shadow quality, probably because the cyberbeing config is roughly equivalent in this department. At any rate, the issue was still present.

RltSZmjV.jpg
qBopl3c8.jpg
Tm5qcStk.jpg
ea1Xh5yh.jpg

@Gil - I had to do that with quite a few objects for SBPR, so thanks for the quick instructions to refresh my memory.

As far as "better quality" is concerned, I meant that the shadows no longer go on seemingly forever, as they used to, and now gradually fade naturally. They most definitely lose quality in the circumstances you mentioned, though. Cyberbeing hasn't been around for quite some time, though, and I don't recall him ever releasing anything regarding shadow quality; it was all to do with SSAO & SSR.

@tmv: You're right, my memory failed me. There's nothing of the sort in his fix. Probably reached that conclusion after testing plastic's file. I should give it another chance I guess. I literally looked at it mere seconds.

@Gil
The version of AHM Dock map you used in the screenshot is outdated now compare to mine. Yesterday I improved to maps AG3 and AHM maps. I expect a different shadow behaviour.

What ever settings I used I get the same result. I don't know what's the issue. I suspect it has to do with 4k Diffuse settings. Or the problem with the studio it self.

I enabled both the cast and received shadows.

EDIT:

I made another discovery. I suspect it's not about the size but more about the number of objects/models in the map. I used large environments like AG3 beach map and no bug of shadow similar to Picture 1 that I shared. But when I used maps like AG3 town it has produced same bug as in Picture 1. The bug is more about the number of objects in maps that is causing this problem.

Last edited:
@ramoram: yes, I agree. Complex maps with lots of objects always have this bug. The more simple don't. It's not just about size, certainly. But it does play a significant part, as seen in my example.

@ramoram: yes, I agree. Complex maps with lots of objects always have this bug. The more simple don't. It's not just about size, certainly. But it does play a significant part, as seen in my example.

I tested your method. Increased the size to 11. Still the same result. Half of map gets disappeared when it is away from camera range. How did you do that without half map disappear from it's range?

I did have to reposition the map a bit after resizing it, to have a similiar lightning. This map in particular is quite self-contained so the draw distance limit is not visible from this angle even at x11. Grab it and test it yourself if you want.

@Gil - If you're satisfied with whatever you're using as far as the SSAO/SSR performance enhancements are concerned, personally, I don't think you should make any changes. My experience with the latest versions from pmind have been disappointing, to say the least. Out of curiosity, which version of the SSAO/SSR mod are you using, now? The one included with the pack around the end of December?

Ok. I just remember that the shadow bug has nothing to do with Plasticmind 4k Diffuse mod. It's more like the complexity of number of objects used in studio.

@tmv: note taken. Not sure what version of the file I'm using but I think it is the last one. The Studio AssemblyCSharp was created and modified 11 of December. I haven't installed the DLC completely nor the last version of SBX, obviously.

@tmv: note taken. Not sure what version of the file I'm using but I think it is the last one. The Studio AssemblyCSharp was created and modified 11 of December. I haven't installed the DLC completely nor the last version of SBX, obviously.
Ahh, well then, you're pretty much in the same boat i was only about a week or so ago, prior to installing the 4k mod. As for the date to that AssemblyCSharp file, hmm... I'm not sure what that'd be associated with. The last official version from cyberbeing was from Nov. 7th, so at the moment I'm kinda drawing a blank. There was a version that dramatically changed how the SSAO functioned/looked that I didn't like, so it's possible you're using that one; the question is whether it was released later than the Nov. 7th one, and I think it was.

P.S.: Sorry for hi-jacking your thread, ramo, lol!

As for the date to that AssemblyCSharp file, hmm... I'm not sure what that'd be associated with. The last official version from cyberbeing was from Nov. 7th, so at the moment I'm kinda drawing a blank. There was a version that dramatically changed how the SSAO functioned/looked that I didn't like, so it's possible you're using that one; the question is whether it was released later than the Nov. 7th one, and I think it was.

I gave in to wideslider some time ago, I think that's it. After a quick check, there is literally no release post november 7 anyway.
If you're unhappy with the new 4k diffuse, you can always go back I guess.

Regarding plasticmind, I think he's the only modder who has tinkered with shadow settings, so he's actually our best hope for a fix regarding the glitch issue

Thanks for reposting these maps again Ramoram!! Hope you've been feeling better! If not try to enjoy some time off still!

Thanks for reposting these maps again Ramoram!! Hope you've been feeling better! If not try to enjoy some time off still!

*Phew* There was sometime when I was waiting for my body to give up.
I will be uploading my work again. Improving all maps to some extent. If you want to know what improvement I made. It's minor adjustment and added back-face cull-off material. Check the old Camp of At Home Mate (the tent) and new Camp map of At Home Mate (the tent)
ySro1MBp.png
First picture is from Mikke of HongFire I used his pic for bug report sample.

Request are open to serious comics creators only. Cuz it feels like I am posting it for nothing. Members of Hentai Game Visual Arts can make butt-load request if they want. Because of some modders like Cur144, DillDoe, Belar17, Dr.FillGood and Snooley. They and you comics creator lots are forcing me to work on Tomb Raider comics. :D

Oh! I'm glad you said something Ramo! I didn't realize you were adding additional work to these maps as well! I'm redownloading them now!

Reactions: hevn

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

TheB33 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi can you please resend the games from 諾威水産? I've been looking them for some time even DLsite don't have these games
kihon wrote on Shine's profile.
Buying resources out of their own pockets, spending energy and effort, with almost no return so that everyone can enjoy the cultural and entertainment products of developed countries at almost zero cost walking in the dark to serve the light, they are real heroes
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
darkvita wrote on ramori's profile.