Hello there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaara29

Apr 4, 2014
Hey. Not much to say about myself, really. Well, no offense, but there's not much I'd want to say. I'm a bit obsessed with keeping certain parts of my online activities separate. Let's see.

I regular quite a few similar forums. ULMF, Hongfire, I once regulared other forums in the past, some of which aren't even around or are inactive. Been around, so to speak, for several years now. I mostly joined here because, you know, why not? I noticed that Hongfire's down every now and then and people from there use this place as well, so I decided to join up.

My interests...I like a variety of doujinshi authors, I'm a fan of certain circles/creators like Koooonsoft and JSK Studios, I love Illusion games and similar games like 3D Custom Girl, and I'm always looking for collections of content from paysites I like, as well as VNs to grab(yeah, see, I'm kinda poor. Like, really poor. I had to wait for tax season to come by to get internet due to an old bill. So please don't give me too much grief.). As far as paysites, I mostly like Jiggly Girls, HentaiTNA, and Clubstripes. That's about it. To be honest part of my obsession with siterips isn't just my low income but, to me at least, the principle of the matter. I haven't visited Jiggly Girls at all lately, but I've been keeping track of a site that shares its stuff through hotspots and a phone, and apparently he actually gets mad at people 'pirating' his work when he possibly(figuring up his monthly subscription price and multiplying that by possible fanbase size, just not too high or low like fifty thousand or ten)makes thousands a month for releasing one image set a week and most of his work is of characters he doesn't own.

So, it's mostly my income but partly my beliefs on the matter. I'd understand if the artists involved were relatively unknown and it was a paysite just starting out, but I hate people who pass off content of characters that already exist as updates, make good money doing it, and then complain that a small group of people are sharing it. I also dislike people who are all too happy to assume that a DMCA and a proclamation of fair use covers their asses completely. But that's just me. Part of why I love CS though, even though I can't afford to sub. Original characters, good artists, some of them like gnaw and Miu make really good comics, and they're actually not that mad about occasional leaked content from what I've seen on some sites.

Hm...I like all kinds of video games, with few exceptions. For example, I like racing games with customization, but not, say, ones where you pick from one of several preset cars and tracks and that's it. That just feels boring. Mega Race, Twisted Metal, Forza Motorsport I think had customizable cars to a high degree, or I could be thinking of another title. I like shooters and shmups, I suck ass at fighting games but I like those too. My favorite genre is sandbox, stuff like Terraria, Starbound, hell even Garry's Mod and I suck at building in that one, but it's fun. My favorite games outside the genre are Borderlands 1 and 2.

I like anime, and follow it more than western stuff here mostly because I practically grew up on it as a kid. Digimon and Pokemon, Adult Swim anime, etc.

So, let's see. That's about it I think. Beyond that I like music of various languages, but I'm not very knowledgeable about music in general. I guess you could say I'm a generalist, in a way. I don't really pay too much attention to the specifics or backstories of things unless I'm truly interested. Like, I don't pay attention to any actors really outside of say, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Samuel Jackson, or any voice actors in anime/games at all, really. I mean, I pay attention to the voice and if it sounds fitting, but I don't look up VAs or actors from stuff usually.

I guess I'm a 'go with it if you like it' kind of guy. Good to meet you all.

Edit: You know, I've been reading and rereading the rules and I gotta say, this site actually looks really cool from that aspect. The attitude towards DMCAs, being cool about other websites being mentioned, and the leniency of third party image hosters. I still remember a site, well sorta, I forgot the exact name, but it was a forum that actually had a rule that you were not allowed to post links to/mention any other site besides their own. OH, now I remember. It was Planet Suzy. I knew I just recently visited it. But yeah, that kind of rule just sounds really overboard to be honest, so I'm glad you guys don't seem to do that.

Reactions: lconklejean
It's a pleasure to meet you as well Gaara.
This is probably one of the longest post I've read in sometime :XD:;which makes me hopeful that you might become a regular.
I say it all the time, but the people here are some of the nicest around; so don't be afraid to jump into the fray.
Hope to see you around :fulfilled:

Welcome to AS Gaara~

Hmm yes quite the long intro xD

Guess im similar in various ways like not really looking up voice actors and the such unless they interest me more than the average~

Hello and welcome to ASF gaara ~ :fluteangel:

Nice
You should write a wall of text like the one above in almost every post you make
Just because XD

Come and chat with us in the games / spam section ^^
I hope you will enjoy your stay with us here :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

jsh wrote on Shine's profile.
Can u upload 春屋3D’s arlecchino?
micanh wrote on Lebedev's profile.
Since it was you who posted the Rakudai volumes, I chose to ask here. Do you have any plans to upload the novel's 19vol ?
fpqm127 wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/120909-ジュピター-絶対監獄.1204055/

Can you please reupload this file katefile or mexashare or rosefile?

Thanks.
TheB33 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi can you please resend the games from 諾威水産? I've been looking them for some time even DLsite don't have these games
kihon wrote on Shine's profile.
Buying resources out of their own pockets, spending energy and effort, with almost no return so that everyone can enjoy the cultural and entertainment products of developed countries at almost zero cost walking in the dark to serve the light, they are real heroes
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg