Getting a new laptop

[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; & [MENTION=44312]Dark Angel[/MENTION]; I see all the laptops carefully. And i come to conclusion that i won't buy a Linux based / pre-installed laptop. Also I will not buy a laptop without os because the money that i will pay to someone to install a copy of windows is near the same. So it's better to buy an already pre-installed windows based laptop.

Also, [MENTION=44312]Dark Angel[/MENTION]; i called to the recycling store that you mentioned and as it seems that they can buy my laptop but it's not worth more than 70 euros as you might thought. But that ain't matters. No that i can sell and earn those 70 euros are enough to cover a small portion of the price difference. Anyway i made an appointment at their store at 11:45 am at Ioannina to give my laptop. And afterward i will head to the stores to see in close the laptops of your links.

The Gamer's Laptop the last lenovo seems very nice and i done a small research this laptop has red leds under the keyboard so nice and i like it. Also i read somewhere that the software of this laptop has an option to change the color of leds so imagine a nice pink... Keep dreaming my foolish self of a full pinky colored laptop...

[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; i am very grateful for helping me out as well! Also your guidance and the way you explain things and the patience that you have to write and explain so many things are out of this world!

I am glad to be of service!

You might think that it's processor seems old? i7-4720HQ but in reality is a real Quad Core processor all the other i5-6300U or i7-7500U (the U) is for lower power consumption models and they are a dual core processors. Don't get me wrong and those processors are to damn fast but they can't compare with a real Quad Core like the i&-4720HQ. And that specific laptop it's the Gamer's Line of Lenovo so i believe it's way more better build than the more cheaper series.
Newer hardware is more efficient in power consumption, actually. It's more apparent in GPUs than CPUs, though. Older flagship GPUs also tend to be more expensive. For processors, there's also the difference of architecture. It's true that old, strong processors don't get weaker just because new ones come out (old black i7 series still perform well, for example), but processor speed (the one measured in GHz) isn't everything.

[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; & [MENTION=44312]Dark Angel[/MENTION]; I see all the laptops carefully. And i come to conclusion that i won't buy a Linux based / pre-installed laptop. Also I will not buy a laptop without os because the money that i will pay to someone to install a copy of windows is near the same. So it's better to buy an already pre-installed windows based laptop.
I see. Suit yourself. But you're correct about that: if you need someone to help you install Windows, you might as well get it preinstalled, because at least you're going to get official Windows. The person who helps you may just install a pirated copy.

Also of note: if you want a laptop with preinstalled Windows, try to find something that has a label/sticker saying "Microsoft signature" or something similar on it. That means the Windows installation hasn't been tampered with and remains the genuine version directly from Microsoft. This is important because laptop manufacturers like to install their own crapware. Other software vendors may also pay laptop manufacturers to install their software on the default Windows installation for new laptops.

ASUS, for example, has tools like a cloud storage client similar to Dropbox. There's also an "update centre" of sorts, if I recall. Most such apps are useless and often degrade your system performance, but worse, most of them are badly coded and pose significant security risk. They can be trivial to hack/exploit and thus become a gateway for malicious hackers to obtain your private data from.

[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; i am very grateful for helping me out as well! Also your guidance and the way you explain things and the patience that you have to write and explain so many things are out of this world!
Thanks, you're exaggerating! I'm glad to help :)

[MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; & [MENTION=44312]Dark Angel[/MENTION]; Thank you for everything. I went at Saturady with my father at Ioannina city. And first i sold for 70 euros at the recycling store that Shishou posted here. My first impression of the recycle store was good and they offered to buy from a band new laptop (not second hand / recycled) but i didn't like any of those that were available.

1. We went at Public Stores and i saw so many laptops that my head was spinning. I saw the laptop that Shishou and you Ignis that you posted here. Well it was given the laptops that you posted Ignis were 120-150 euros higher but i liked them so match :deadsad: I know we have everything here in Greece overpriced... but...

2. We also went at Kotsovolos Stores also many laptops there i was stunned from the HP Probook G655 G2 that Shishou had posted here and i worked a little the Demo laptop that they had there and the screen was fantastic! The white was so nice pure and not the magenta/blueish that i have seen in some other brands.

3. After leaving the Kotsovolos stores we went to Media Markt and there i saw ALL i mean ALL the Lenovo Asus Dell laptop. I saw as well and that Gamer's Lenovo laptop that Shishou mentioned the Lenovo Y50-70. Yeah in reality this laptop was a work of Art i was stunned from the glossy screen the view of the image was visible from all angles! The black was so deep, meanwhile the white was also pure white and not the magenta/blueish and i see the difference at 1366x768 and 1920x1080 i couldn't see the pixel size at the 1920x1080 and the letters where seen more smoother and clear way much clear from the 1366x768 screen. Also they offered me to play the with the Demo laptop Y50-70 and it was crazy fast! The widows 8.1 that was offered pre-installed with the license sticker was also included in the price. And i played with that for over 30 minutes. But the only thing that i thought that it was able to change was the color of the keybord an to my mistake it can't. The lights under the keyboard are red leds and can't change the color other than the WASD keys and the Up/Down & Left/Right keys.

And there i decided to buy the Lenovo Y50-70 (i7-4720HQ/8GB/256GB/GeForce GTΧ960M/FHD/W8). The machine comes from factory with 3 years warranty the first year with a complete swap the machine with a brand new and the next 2 years with free service in any hardware problem. They gave me as a present a leather bag for carrying my laptop a gamer's mouse with mouse-pad. And also i have another DOA for 14 days.

Yesterday Sunday i installed Chorme, Microsoft Office 2010, Photoshop CS6, the Blackboard for my university. From yesterday i haven't stop trying out the laptop. I am so excited! It even has and a mini sub-woofer from the down side of the laptop! I couldn't believe that i was hearing bass from a laptop without a 2.0 or 2.1 stereo speakers. And an actual laptop has bass and a mini sub-woofer! Amazing!

I am really happy that i bought that machine, i hope it will last for the next 5 years or so?

I am so happy!!!

Reactions: Konstantinos
[MENTION=79545]Evdokia[/MENTION]; Enjoy your laptop! I am sure that it will last way much longer than your older one... This machine is future proof because the i7 4720 is a very good processor and it's a Physical Quadcore CPU. I honestly believe that you made a very good choice! And also as for the sound yes the JBL system that is housing has a very promising sound. I have experience from my Dell XPS X702L has also JBL sound system and it has an amazing bass for 2.1 built in stereo system, the machine in the review is a bit lower in specks but the sound system is the same. Ok it's not a physical full size 2.1 Speaker System there is no way to come at their level but from other laptops that i have heard the XPS x702L had the best sound as they mentioned in many reviews!

Anyway i wish you for the best and enjoy your new beast!

[MENTION=79545]Evdokia[/MENTION];
That's... really sad. I know computer hardware and electronics are overpriced in many countries, but the average uptick in prices I've seen is around $50, or maybe higher but still below $100. Not $120-150, and definitely not €120-150. Sorry to hear that. It's also sad to hear you selling your old laptop just for €70. Though, given its age, I guess €70 is better than nothing.

Anyway, like DA, I'm glad for you :) Yes, if you've been using a 1366x768 screen for years, a 1920x1080 one will obviously look much smoother. The laptop you picked is a solid choice (I cringe at the price being €859, but I understand). It should last long, yes. For all the bad things Lenovo has done with Superfish, their hardware remains solid. Just make sure to clean it regularly. I also recommend using a tool like SpeedFan, Speccy, or CoreTemp to keep an eye on your laptop temperature.

After a week of usage i must admit that i was living at a cave. Opening the windows less in 10 seconds it feels like a dream i can't take my eyes of this machine. Before this machine, for open the Word or the Excel i click on to the icon i can easily change a channel to my tv have and when i eyes returned to my old computer it was at the time to open the Word or the Excel. NOT to mention the Chrome my old laptop wanted around 20 seconds to load the chrome maybe more? Now it's blazing fast second 1-2? Not to mention that to load windows 7 from power on up to welcome screen it took long 1 minute and 45 seconds and another 25-30 seconds to Welcome/Login Screen! Yeah, i made a cup of coffer at the time the old laptop it was about to power on and load the windows...

Reactions: Konstantinos

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

TasogareHentai wrote on Esan's profile.
Sorry, if ask but can you please look at my requests and tell if you have it?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-211210-rj361498-tentacle-works-テンタクルワークス-賢者ちゃんとhな触手.1392118/
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-231104-rj01109498-takotubo-タコツボ-つくよヴィレッジ.1397470/
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-misotake-みそテイク-multiple-games.1404036/
TasogareHentai wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry for disturb, but can you please reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
zhandie wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Sorry, could you re-upload this ?
[201030][Lose] 【DLsite限定特典付き】まいてつ 全部入り [v2.2 JPN/CHN]

The Mexashare links for parts 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, and 12 are dead.
The Rosafile link seems to be online, but for I can't download it.
Additionally, I can't download the file from KatFile or Rapidgator either.
jsh wrote on Shine's profile.
Can u upload 春屋3D’s arlecchino?
micanh wrote on Lebedev's profile.
Since it was you who posted the Rakudai volumes, I chose to ask here. Do you have any plans to upload the novel's 19vol ?