Fav Tales game and why? (for those who liked them)

Tales of Destiny remake hands down. It had the most refined battle system of them all in my opinion (though that might change come Xilia 2--we will see) and the difficulty was definitely up there. It was fun, intuitive, and speedy...and this isn't even considering Destiny had one of the better storylines in the franchise.

Tales of Destiny remake hands down. It had the most refined battle system of them all in my opinion (though that might change come Xilia 2--we will see) and the difficulty was definitely up there. It was fun, intuitive, and speedy...and this isn't even considering Destiny had one of the better storylines in the franchise.

Did you play the Director's Cut?... I was crying playing Leon's side. TT^TT Just...yeah. Still a sore spot.
So yeah.. may fave Tales game is ToD1/2 and DC remakes. I'd bawl... Also because I loved the art by Mutsumi Inomata.
ahaha I just remembered the first time I saw Judas is ToD2.. yes I cried. Gawd.. it makes me sound so crybaby ahaha.

Tales of Destiny DC does not have the most refined battle system. If we're comparing battle systems, I'd say either Vesperia or Xillia have the most refined ones to date. As much as I enjoy Destiny's battle system, it is not the best. I agree it's fun but when you have to rely on using BCs for a majority of the game during Chaos mode it's just BS. Bosses are a walk in the cake most of the time and are much easier compared to when fighting a horde of enemies.

Story-wise, I'd probably put Symphonia up there as the best, otherwise Phantasia/Eternia still.

But I kind of hoped that such a thread didn't exist since I don't really like to talk about and compare Tales games and what not. Tales fans should love all Tales games regardless. (Except Tales of the Tempest. That was horrendous. Quite.):goodtea:

i liked vesperia the most,

graces seems to automatic for me

its a more refined system

but its too limited with the action gauges.

I wouldn't exactly call Graces automatic (unless you are referring to the story, in which it's linear like FFXIII). If you are talking about the battle system, it's not. Though like most Tales games, you will have access to a flying hovercraft near end game to allow you to move from one location to another. The maximum number of moves that can be assigned onto a control pad the majority of the time is 8. Graces helped remove that limit by allowing you link multiple moves at a time. Kind of wished the Narikiri doll system was like that of Destiny DC where you can switch out mid-battle. this way a character has a maximum of up to 18 skills without using the menu to switch.

Tales games made by Team Destiny have always been about upgrading weapons and armour. Unless you do so, you're going to have trouble almost all the time. Graces was a perfect example of that where bosses are way too damaging in Chaos unless you dualize your equipment. Being able to equip titles during battle in Graces is a similar concept to being able to alter your Re-rise in Destiny.

Both have their pros and cons. :goodtea:

tales of symphonia~ first one I played sooo of course

It's the first I've played too. And I find it still has one of the best english dub to date compared to a lot of Tales games. The other Tales which had comparable voice acting would be Vesperia. But we're not talking about voice acting so I'll just move on. :goodtea:

Anyhow...I think I've completed Symphonia over 12 times. =]

Tales of Destiny DC does not have the most refined battle system. If we're comparing battle systems, I'd say either Vesperia or Xillia have the most refined ones to date. As much as I enjoy Destiny's battle system, it is not the best. I agree it's fun but when you have to rely on using BCs for a majority of the game during Chaos mode it's just BS. Bosses are a walk in the cake most of the time and are much easier compared to when fighting a horde of enemies.

Story-wise, I'd probably put Symphonia up there as the best, otherwise Phantasia/Eternia still.

But I kind of hoped that such a thread didn't exist since I don't really like to talk about and compare Tales games and what not. Tales fans should love all Tales games regardless. (Except Tales of the Tempest. That was horrendous. Quite.):goodtea:

I hate Vesperia's battle system. Too slow for my taste and the 3D field just adds unnecessary angle to otherwise simple combat.
Also like I said it's merely my opinion. No Tales game I've played possibly comes close to the fun I had from the Destiny remake.

Guess I can't make a complaint if it's an opinion, and on having fun too since both are subjective.

Vesperia is in no way slow. That's just the usual pace of the Tales games developed by Team Symphonia. Tales games developed by Team Destiny are just generally faster overall, both in and out of battle.

Guess I should boot up Destiny once in a while. It's been a long time since I've played it.

I'd like to vote for Tales of The Abyss, I played that game many times because the storyline is great and it carries all over the status from the previous game when we started a new game+ :emjudge:

I only really played Symphonia, so sadly that can be my only favorite, also short girl with a giant axe! Really, it wasn't a character I just enjoyed it.

I'd like to vote for Tales of The Abyss, I played that game many times because the storyline is great and it carries all over the status from the previous game when we started a new game+ :emjudge:

Forgot about Abyss. That's another of my all time favorite. Seems to be rather underrated though. :(

I saw the anime for abyss~ it was okay, but the "save the world" idea seems to get old really fast x_x

the first one you ever play is probably the one you'll like the most~ especially for tales games :P

I saw the anime for abyss~ it was okay, but the "save the world" idea seems to get old really fast x_x

the first one you ever play is probably the one you'll like the most~ especially for tales games :P

I don't know why, but i don't really like the anime -__-
the game is still the best :D

Tales of Destiny.

Primarily because it was my first tales game and that LMB system was amazing. I enjoyed the characters the most in that game (the fact that the swords were characters too was an added plus).

I don't know why but I always remembered that it was the first game I noticed that left footprints in the snow haha.

1. Tales of Symphonia because it was my first exposure to the tales games
2. Tales of Graces F because of the dualizing system and the lineage and legacies
3. Tales of Xillia 1 and 2 because I own both of them and they are fun as hell o3o b

Tales of the Abyss

Like most people here its because that is my first tales game :p

The first disk of Tales of Symphonia was really fun. Got a little less so when the main kept trying to "build a world" out of everything. Tales of Graces F was cool for some of the stuff they did, but I actually never finished it... Maybe I will someday still.

1st: Vesperia. Reasons: Yuri, Rita, Raven, Judith. It isn't often we get a protagonist like Yuri.

2nd: Destiny (Director's Cut for PS2). Reasons: Awesome battle system, Barbatos (Norio Wakamoto is god), Stahn and his antics.

3rd: Symphonia (Gamecube) / Graces F.

Symphonia was a game I spent over 200 hours on, it was my favorite RPG of the Gamecube era.
I enjoyed it a lot. However, If I were to play it now, I probably would not enjoy it as much.

Graces F is a similar case, in that it has some very strong points, as well as a couple flaws.
I love the battle system, the crafting system, and the title system.
Malik, Sophie, Cheria and Pascal are all very endearing.
However, the plot needs work, and Asbel is a VERY bland character.

My most faves are Tales of Phantasia & Tales of Destiny, they're one of the the 1st games i got for ps1 very memorable, they're the reason I like tales series now :blushing:

Tales of Phantasi ! because it was my first one...started it right after dragon quest 6....man the graphics,sound,story....amazing ! destiny came after that but still phantasia is my favourite.

Tales of Vesperia. Has the best MC in the series.

Last edited:
Tales of Eternia, maybe because it reminds me of my childhood and collecting recipes from strange objects is fun XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

thebreaker2 wrote on Shine's profile.
RJ153517 ver 1.14

Please could you reupload these?
Thank you very much.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
AUO wrote on Shine's profile.
Can you reupload this?
アオハループ
nobis_c wrote on Shine's profile.
Also, could you update this one please? The bugs are horrendous and they put many additional features. Thanks.
アノ子は僕の性奴隷
Morisoba1988 wrote on Shine's profile.

[240117][VRゲーム屋さん] 【VR】学びな日常~あなたの部屋が女の子たちのたまり場に!?~ [RJ01133621]

Do you have the latest versions of these?