Fate/Zero Ending

stardustmeruru

Feb 4, 2013
Seriously, can someone explain what the anime was about? I watched all of the episodes but the last 2 didn't make any sense to me. I watched those 2 like 6 times over again but they still didn't make sense :eek:

I don't understand what Iri is, what the grail is, what happened after it got destroyed, what happened to Saber and a lot more. Can someone please explain? :D

To really understand everything you need to read the original visual novel.
I read it after watching the original series fate/night and before watching the pre-quel, fate/zero.

Have you watched the original series yet?

To really understand everything you need to read the original visual novel.
I read it after watching the original series fate/night and before watching the pre-quel, fate/zero.

Have you watched the original series yet?

What original series?

EDIT: Oh you mean Fate Stay Night?

The first series, Fate/Stay Night was based off of the visual novel. It was sort of a hashing of the different routes staying true to the 'True' route in the visual novel.

Fate/Zero is the pre-quel to Fate/Stay Night.

Reactions: stardustmeruru
The first series, Fate/Stay Night was based off of the visual novel. It was sort of a hashing of the different routes staying true to the 'True' route in the visual novel.

Fate/Zero is the pre-quel to Fate/Stay Night.

Oh man, I didn't know it was a prequel. So that's why it doesn't make sense lol. I'm downloading stay night now, will watch and hopefully understand the story. I also saw Fate Zero II on nyaa, don't know if it's what I think it is though because I didn't know a sequel has been released already.

Technically, that's not true, since Fate/Zero should make sense even without Fate/Stay Night, otherwise it won't be a prequel at all, will it? Fate/Zero was split into two "seasons", but it is one series, which consists of 25 episodes. If you only have watched the first 13 episode, you haven't finished watching Fate/Zero yet, hence probably why it didn't make much sense to you. Be warned that you will probably be a bit disappointed by Fate/Stay Night, it was made in 2006, so awhile back already. There's the Fate/TV Reproduction which sums like Fate/Stay Night in a 2x 1 hour long video and there is also the Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Work which explores the UBW route of Fate/Stay Night, as Fate/Stay Night only covers the Fate route from the original light novel ;)

Hope this helps.

King - the Official Seiba-con of Anime-Sharing ;)

I can't say honestly whether Fate/Zero explains everything thoroughly enough on it's own or not. I have to say in my personal opinion, you really do need to read the visual novel to see the different routes to have a full picture of what it going on. But I do completely admit that I am TOTALLY BIASED. I absolutely loved the VN and had chills with the final scene post ending with Saber and Archer. But I still don't think you fully understand the situation off of just the events in Fate/Zero. Even with the full 2 seasons.

I'll say again that I am biased but I give a rousing endorsement to everyone reading the visual novel. It's the best I've seen.
:)

The same happens to me everytime when it comes to comparing an adaptation to the original work. Since i try to
check the original first, the adaptation becomes a lot more understandable to the point that i dont notice the
missing pieces most of the time.

The same happened to me when people were discussing about the "plotholes" and "mistakes" of Steins;Gate... for instance, many people failed to understand that people recalling other timelines was a normal happenning. In fact thats what
Deja Vu and Jamais Vu are about. Normal occurrences of the Reading Steiner that everyone has to a certain degree.
Stuff that WAS discussed in game or in supplementary material.

Then again, IMHO Fate/Zero was intented as a sequel, so you are not supposed to understand what is about, since
the "rules" and general background of the grial war were already explained.

Something worst happens in the UBW movie that is a jumbled mess to anything unfamiliar to the original game.

I wanted to like Unlimited Blade Works the movie, but there was just so much material that could not be included that I found myself disliking the movie.

About the plots thought...

One thing I didn't like about the 'True' Fate and UBW routes was that Sakura's hell was not taken care of. She is still going through it with her grandfather, even though her brother is not an issue any more.

I wanted to like Unlimited Blade Works the movie, but there was just so much material that could not be included that I found myself disliking the movie.

About the plots thought...

One thing I didn't like about the 'True' Fate and UBW routes was that Sakura's hell was not taken care of. She is still going through it with her grandfather, even though her brother is not an issue any more.

I dont get it either. The old guy its still a heartless bastard. So its not like anything changed at all.

Alright I got it. I watched Fate/Stay Night and the series makes more sense now. It's a very good anime :D

You should play the visual novel instead. The anime adaptation was rubish compared to it. Even the UBW movie failed to deliver.

All these post and nobody mention about the fact that Fate/Zero is based on a light novel. The anime is a good adaptation of the light novel though so I won't complaint.

Read it here, http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Fate/Zero.

@stardustmeruru, You should play/read the VN. It's hella good compared to the anime and UBW movie. Unless you just watch it for the action scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

TheB33 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi can you please resend the games from 諾威水産? I've been looking them for some time even DLsite don't have these games
kihon wrote on Shine's profile.
Buying resources out of their own pockets, spending energy and effort, with almost no return so that everyone can enjoy the cultural and entertainment products of developed countries at almost zero cost walking in the dark to serve the light, they are real heroes
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
darkvita wrote on ramori's profile.