Shurikens-Sama

Elite Member
Nov 30, 2010
Ok for DotA and Touhou players out there!

what do you think Dota and Touhou combine?

1009251328ec62c9aca206500c.jpg

Answer: [D.o.t.S.] Defense of the Shrines

ok let's start with the introduction of the game =3

Defence of The Shrines (romanized (Chinese): Dong Fang Huang Xiang Xiang DoTS) a.k.a Touhou DoTS is a custom Warcraft III map mod by the Chinese team led by HJISTIC where Touhou characters pit against each other on a similiar gameplay mechanics from the highly popular custom map DoTA. Each team has to destroy the opponents' Shrine, either guarded by Genjii's Sons for the Hakurei side, or Onbashira Towers for the Moriya side at opposing corners of the map.

Some familiar items from DoTA can also be found in DoTS but under different names, so most experienced DoTA players find their transition to this game smoother.

And alike most Warcraft maps, gameplay is usually done with a mouse. Whereas a keyboard can be used for skill shortcuts.

so there you have it~

never tried it but probably this coming week i will since my gaming laptop is now fully repaired and going to download this map.

i'm a big touhou fan and also a DotA player so let's spread this map for the enjoyment of others. =3

576px-Dots_gameplay.jpg

10120504030608ab0832d00f7a.jpg

101205053247626738031b9ac4.jpg

probably going to try in GG client so hook me up names "shurikens"

p.s.: the english translation map is not yet finish thats what i know of for now =(

Last edited:
Wow.. >_>
As far as i know, touhou charas are imba :p
So, i would still say dota has a balance gameplay, though this map looks cool ^^

well they are still beta i guess since too imba not played it yet but watch the videos its really pretty much imba lol

but as a touhou fan i guess i try it out for the hell of it :D

So they're reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy imba!
I see, do share your experience with it when you've tried it ^^
Say, which room do you play in garena? ^^

dota RPG > Philippines > dota room 1 to 50 depends since to many players play dota there

I remember playing this once on aussie's private bnet. I played Reimu but didn't play for long as people left quite fast.

Do you guys play Fate/ Another 2 's ?

If anyone is looking to play DotS I would suggest you take a look at the DotS thread over on DoujinStyle.. Since there's a relatively active community for the game. You can also download the latest versions of the chinese original and the english version.

Also, yo Shuri. XD

^Umm... it says I don't have permission. o.o

This looks nice... I'll try to see if i can play in it sometime ^^ I better get familiar with DotA and Touhou first though...

@Infinite By the way, welcome to AS ^^ Won't you make an intro? o.o

Last edited:
I have only seen one version of the english DOTS, which is really cool and all but the chinese team continues to update their version adding new characters, improving the AI to preform advanced moves like creep pulling, changing items, and alot more. the best part of this is the Touhou-wiki has a translated version of every new release of the game... making game play on a new version a simple look up of the items and hero spells.

This game is an amazing version of DOTA, Though for playing over Battle.net with random peeps the english version is good. its just that the bots do nothing at all.....

Touhou Dota
It seems very cool, maybe I need to search on google to find out the download nya
thanks ~~

just out of curiousity (and i know this post has been dead for a whileand forgive me for digging this one up...)

any1 play thd( abr for touhou defense of shrine..which is touhou dots..) on battlenet???

Yeah, I really like the Dota based gameplay. DoTs is just Dota with over powered characters..... I usually play with only people that I know on Lan or a VPN. The main challenge that DoTs faces is that alot of the characters are really unbalanced to the point that we can call a game just based on who everyone picks / randoms into.

Yeah, I really like the Dota based gameplay. DoTs is just Dota with over powered characters..... I usually play with only people that I know on Lan or a VPN. The main challenge that DoTs faces is that alot of the characters are really unbalanced to the point that we can call a game just based on who everyone picks / randoms into.
u can say that again that is y the newest version is only .977d......is not even 1 yet =.=...and dota is like 6. something=.=....anywayz...in .977d....int based hero owns the entire game =.=....

anywayz...in thd i prefer using Mystia and Nitori...:D

Last edited:
in .977d....int based hero owns the entire game =.=....
wait what. are we still playing the same game? ayayaya lolmu tei flan yuugi medi...etc etc etc...

go play at ppirc channel #dots-meido
http://webchat.ppirc.net/
should still be a lively community still playing there. Alternative is garena tw dots room, invite only.

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Defence_of_The_Shrines
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,555.0.html
links to wiki and how to set up custom gateway for bnet.

*edit-I take back my words. skills scale what. 977 is madness....

Last edited:
thx m8

..I take back my words. skills scale what. 977 is madness.... <<wat??

I am surprised that there's a thread here about this game...
As a person that goes against the mainstream(despises DotA), the touhou aspect pulled me into this game and i just love all the touhou memes they put into the game, the game play itself is well done as well as all the heros and their skills. It's true that the game is very imbalanced and my lack of DotA skills also makes it impossible for me to play online.

every1 start as lack of skill so don't worry...yes, currently is still imbalance..u can see y it is still in .9xx and not 1.xx =.=...but of course, it is still a team game, a good team can beat 1 single person =.=....and i have seem so many time (as spector or as player)that one team was winning and then got chop off XD

Would you like to introduce me to bnet's DotS community? i never played much of blizzard's games online so... yeah... :x

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

walls. wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Would it be possible to upload?
RJ386792
RJ433328
RJ140657
RJ181779
ybz378938171 wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
would you please re-upload RJ01161948 RJ01154533 RJ01150027 RJ01161634 RJ01129899 RJ01129041 RJ01129001 RJ01108282 in mexa ? thx
svs wrote on Esan's profile.
Can u reload this link mesa ?
Haramase Taiken Gakushuu ~Shizen no Naka de Seikyouiku!?~
Djlolker wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi,Nihonjaki90.
Could you reup this https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/231014-しんでられ城-アームズブレス2.1410042/
Thank u so much!