Do you watch the animes of otome games?

I watched almost all anime that are based in otome game. For me, it would be Kamigami no Asobi and Uta no Prince-sama because the story and animation are good.

sometime but no often, because I don't have time to watch all the anime but if i have more time, may be I will :D

right now I play starry sky ( I have all the season :D ), Alway remember me...... some H game (I'm 22) so yeah It's pretty fun :))

right now I play starry sky ( I have all the season :D ), Alway remember me...... some H game (I'm 22) so yeah It's pretty fun :))

Hahaha..... you are 22 but what am I 20 ;))))

btw i think you post about the wrong thing, this section is asking about watching anime of otome games but not playing them:nekopara_puzzled:

I don't watch them because I know I'll be disappointed. I guess Amnesia was a bit special since the routes are completely different worlds, so it's not a problem to talk about each of them. It was the only case where it seemed correct (for the storyline) but there was obviously a lot of things that couldn't be done...

I sometimes wonder how they choose the otome games or the shoujo mangas they adapt in anime... it must be because the female audience is very low numbered compared to the male audience, so they don't know how to ? :/

Actually I play Amnesia series after I watch the anime. I really thanks the anime for introducing me such a great game. Among all game I play, Amnesia Series is my most favorite.

I also watch Diabolik lovers, Brother conflict and UtaPri by the way. :)

I tried watching them while they were ongoing, starting from Hakuouki. But I never managed to finish most of them, except Diabolik Lovers, Amnesia, and 2000%. Hakuouki, i really tried, but I felt like the animation wasn't to my liking as compared to seeing them on my PSP. Amnesia, I really wanted to finish because I was running this blog over at tumblr and was enthusiastic about it back then. Diabolik Lovers, I decided just to hell with it and finish it anyway just to piss people off who like bashing it in social media sites. And UtaPri 2000%, I managed to finish it because the quality and songs (also the senpai were there)were actually good for once.

As for the rest, I never got to finish them mostly out of second-hand embarrassment for how the characters and animation were executed.

Sometimes. My problem with them is they always go for the 'neutral' ending only hinting at each story contained in a path which means it's a watered down story compared to the game. I was really disappointed with Diabolik Lovers anime, Brothers Conflict was really boring, Kamigami to Asobi was kinda all over the place. Amnesia had the worst female protagonist ever who didn't even match up with the game one, in which, once she actually speaks finally, she is quite assertive.

I watched some of them. I liked it better when I had not played the game before watching the anime.when I watch I enjoy mostly listening to seiyuu' s voices.

@distortedprincess
waii~ I have same perspective with you ^^ Mostly, I watch otoge's anime adaptation because *1 I want to see my favorite guy talking while moving around; *2 Hear my favorite seiyuu voicing the cast xD

I watch most of them on fast forward. (Except DiaLovers was so short that there was no need to)
My favorite adaptation would probably be Corda 1. They changed some plot points but it all fell into place pretty well.
But lol, KamiAso probably had the funniest first episode ever even though I couldn't get past the half way mark XD

I will watch if the anime adaptation is good. Some adaptations are full of plot holes because they lack the development the games originally have.

One time I watched Alice, the quinrose one and I got so confused.
I believe one must play the game to understand the OVA.

I really grateful that it has an anime adaptation :gakuran_damnright: The best is Kamigami no Asobi ♪ Magical transforming. It's worth it to look ♪
I watched the La Storia dela Arcana Famiglia after I had already played the game. After that I wanted to play again in these two games ♪

This is all that I watched. I guess I have to look at other anime too~

I watched Amnesia's and Starry Sky's anime adaption. Both were full of plot holes and the heroines lacked the depth they have in the actual games.

I've watched some even though I hate reverse harem animes... When I'm playing the game I usually think myself as the heroine so I'm the self-insert player type. When I see some girl with a lot of guys around, I don't feel dokidoki at all (´・ω・`) Also the situations are usually mixed up from some random scenes from the original game but we don't see any romance, just a blank (and usually stupid) girl who is surrounded with ikemens but doesn't feel anything about it...

But I still think that Amnesia had a wonderful anime adaptation. It was the best anime adaptation of an otome game that would be ever made. We see the scenes from the game, as well as not just bumping us with random romantic situations but instead giving a nice plot just the same with the game. And the heroine actually loves someone (・ω・)(our beloved Ukyou <3) And the best thing is the ending! Which I'm not going to tell about so that you can see it when you watch it @w@ A lot of people is disappointed with the ending, I guess. But I think that's the best ending for that series.

I was really really disappointed with Arcana Famiglia. Probably that's because I didn't know that it was a reverse harem based off an otome game but thought that it was something like Baccano! just with a female protagonist. I liked how the heroine rejected what her father implied on her and insisted on going her own way. But as the episodes went on, the most excitind situations ended with some stupid conclusion like "Oooh you were about to die but don't worry it was just a test for Nova and Liberta" And especially the ending was horrible! I was expecting a shounen-like ending like an exciting long battle scene with the victory of one of the main boys (preferably Nova for me <3) But the ending just ruined for me... Again, I'm not saying what exactly happened.

For UtaPri, I think they're pushing it too much... At the 2nd season I just skipped the scenes with Haruka and simply enjoyed the bromance between the characters (・ω<)❤ I don't know if I'm going to watch the 3rd season or just watch the scenes with Ai-senpai <3 I love the musics, but there's no meaning with pushing it this much...

I watched 2 episodes from Brothers Conflict and when it came to the scene where Subaru-kyun (<3) got drunk and pushed the heroine to the ground, I got extremely annoyed (because I get annoyed whenever Ono-sama's characters go after a girl lol what a stupid obsessed fangirl I am...) and with that anger, I cleared Subaru-kyun's route right that day (^O^)

I also want anime adaptations for Chronostacia and Moujuutsukai to Ouji-sama. I'd seriously watch them if they made good adaptations (*´艸`*) And I'm excited about the NORN9 anime because that's the only game which I can see the heroines as both parts of me and nice friends at the same time (╹◡╹) So I won't be that jealous of the girls. Except for NatchuhikoxMikoto scenes, as Ono-sama voices Natsuhiko (*´ڡ`●)

Reactions: espiekerella
I watched Amnesia, and while I'm happy how they animated it, the story could have been better (particularly Kent's, they glossed over his route).

Hiiro no Kakera anime was terrible on so many levels... D: I never liked studio deen's works.

The one game I haven't played, but watched anime based on it, was Arcana Famiglia... I'm not exactly inclined to play the game after watching it, but I think it was decent and the OP is very catchy.

I watched Amnesia, and while I'm happy how they animated it, the story could have been better (particularly Kent's, they glossed over his route).

Oh! I forgot to mention about that! Kent is my favorite so I was quite sad when there was only one episode for my 本命 when the others got 3-4 eps ( ;∀;)

I like UtaPri, though I haven't played the game yet!

I was SO disappointed with Norn9~~ It's one of my favorite games, but I didn't like the anime that much. I felt like the characters were lacking a lot, compared to their routes. I also didn't like Kakeru's route, so that could be part of it~~

Hello everyone~ Hope you guys are having a nice day today ayyyyy >w<)9

So, anime adaptations of otome games~ I'd have to say that the first one I had watched is Amnesia, but like, it was before I knew otome games existed. Amnesia was, very confusing (and of course that is because I haven't played the game yet that time) but I fell in love with the illustrations, the animation(I KEEP ON LOOPING THE PART IN THE OP SONG WHERE THE BOYS WERE LIKE CHANGING ??? #howtodescribethat but yeah I loved that OP song part <3 ), the music(Yanagi Nagi's Hoshiboshi no Wataridori ftw~), the character designs (I thought I liked Shin but then Ikki came into the picture xD), AND MOST ESPECIALLY THE SEIYUUS (*aggresively points at Taniyama Kishow*)!~ <3 Yeah, I was confused at first, but as the story built up and as I was placing the pieces of info in my mind, just wow, after every episode I kept getting more and more intrigued by the plot. I had watched every episode when each subbed version of an episode came out btw. The whole story in general made me feel all kinds of emotions, most especially depression ;-; like, y u cut their beautifully-developing love story ;A; but in the end I understood. The heroine and Ukyo is my ultimate ship! xD Amnesia's anime adaptation was actually very good and it really showcased what the otome game can give, and I knew I would know much more if I had played~ And I did play, Ikki's, Kent's and halfway of Shin's route because I had no time ;~; FORGIVE ME UKYOOO ;;;-;;;

Second was Uta no Prince-sama, now this, I really loved this. This anime also introduced me to otome games. I have so much wonderful things to say about this, especially the songs! But sadly I shall shorten it. The first season was great, plot was good, character development - good, seiyuus are always good x"D (seiyuu bias is stronk- MY FAVE IN THE FIRST SEASON IS NATSUKI BTW *flashbacks @ Ikki from Amnesia), SONGS ARE SO WONDERFUL AAAAA and it led me to listen to more of the songs, like those included initially in the games. Idk what to say about the animation though--- fairly good? Maybe xD #qualitynoprincesama XDD Moving on to the second season, somehow I was excited at first (yes, because of Camus, he replaced Natsuki in my heart xD) because of the senpais and Cecil coming into the scene, like who wasn't? The animation started out so better, but ended up being kinda worse x"D I kinda liked the songs in the first season more too. Also I wasn't prepared with the magic coming in along with Cecil and Camus like, it felt like I was watching mahou shoujo anime and I cried internally. No offense though, but that was how I perceived it. The plot was kinda squeezed too, in my opinion. Maybe it was because there were new characters? And that they didn't add more episodes for the second season? Although the anime adaptation only acts like some sort of advertisement for the game so XD I'm not complaining coz I can play the games instead~ Third season was good at start, then it slowly went into ruins orz R.I.P. plot and animation quality--- IDK I still feel excited about the fourth season this October though (for Camus and mah cinnamon roll, Eiji Ootori <3 ) xDDD but I feel that there will be more fan service than actual plot- well, anyway #animeadaptationsofotomegames SAVE EIJI OOTORI MY CINNAMON ROLL AND THE SONGS (ALSO THE FUTURE OF UTAPRI ANIMES |'D)

Aaaah ;; i'm gonna cut it till here for now lmao I still have to do homework orz gonna continue maybe tomorrow :'3 SARABA JA~

Eugh... no. I made the mistake of watching Hakuouki - not really mistake, since it introduced me to the characters I'd eventually pursue in the games - and then Arcana Famiglia, UtaPri and BroCon and a few others, and realized the sad truth about them.

They introduce the entire roster of guys to you, only to shove the heroine alongside the obviously leader/main/favorite guy who you can predict from episode 1 they're going to ship her with. In Hakuouki it led to a lot of deaths, as Hijikata's route is notoriously bloody and depressing. And in BroCon, it made it that every episode, the girl took an interest in a guy, then promptly forgot him by the next one lol.

They're a great way to familiarize yourself with the premise of the game, and possibly only spoiling one route out of many, but if you have a strong bias for one of the characters who isn't the leader/main/favorite, then you're going to end with a sour taste in your mouth by the conclusion of the series.

I just don't see the point anymore though. I'd rather just play.

I look forward to most of the otome game-based anime out there! It depends on how they lay out the story properly and animation quality though.

I don't want to list the animes I watched here but I just want to share only one anime that disappointed me a lot and that is "Dynamic Chord". I can't give a review for it since I haven't watched it myself but I was over the moon when the new about my favourite series was getting an anime.

... Then I saw the PV, character designs, etc of it on Twitter. I was devastated. I'm a fan of Fujiwara Ryo and seeing their character design downgraded like this is just so sad.

Anyways, at least A3! anime is promising!

Well personally I don't love anime adaptations of otome games since their storyline is often very weird due to mixing all the storylines together AND the contrast between the original game's art style vs the style of the anime is usually too big for me to take. But getting an anime for an otome game is a great way to promote it to more people and possibly get it an FD or sequel.

hello, i like anime based of otome games i feel like they getting more attention to females, and well my first one was haruka naru toki no naka de and la corda d oro primo passo xD i didnt know they were otome game based haha the first time
i know some of them are done better xDD i have a big list
arcana famiglia
amnesia
brother conflict
hakuouki and movies
magic kyun
diabolik lovers
haruka naru toki no naka de 1, 2 and 3 with movie
hanayaka nari
meiji tokyo renka movie and series
all anime of angelique and neo angelique abyss
uta no prince sama 1,2,3, 4 and movie, ok i didnt like the 3 and 4 season and movie XD
hiiro no kakera
norn 9
ozmafia
starry sky
nil admirari no tenbin
code realize
kenka banchou
juuza engi
dame x prince
bonjour koiaji patissiere
kamigami no asobi
la corda d oro 1 and blue sky
kuro to kin
sengoku night blood
stand my heroes
dance with devils and movie
yume oukoku

well i didnt like much sengoku night blood and yume oukoku, some of them i like them some more than others, i like diabolik lovers XDD, i know some didnt but i like the vampires been vampires and not some fairy like twilight XDD and yeah some of them make me want to play the games
wanting to know more about the story and characters

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

eiennosora wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
[RJ397008][モルモットのゲージ] 魔法少女リカとモンスター化ダンジョン
A new version is now available, can you PLEASE reupload this one? Thank you.
eiennosora wrote on Shine's profile.
[RJ397008][モルモットのゲージ] 魔法少女リカとモンスター化ダンジョン
A new version is now available, can you PLEASE reupload this one? Thank you.
Kallenarmaya wrote on Stetmann's profile.
Nice to meet you!
Thank you so much for the piece you posted, I really appreciate it!

I would like to ask you, do you have the "交わる男女と恋心♥汁だくセ●クス" and "凜子スペシャルドラマCD" of "退魔忍 秋山凛子"?

If so, I would like you to post them!
Kallenarmaya wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Nice to meet you!
Thank you so much for the piece you posted, I really appreciate it!

I would like to ask you, do you have the "交わる男女と恋心♥汁だくセ●クス" and "凜子スペシャルドラマCD" of "退魔忍 秋山凛子"?

If so, I would like you to post them!
TasogareHentai wrote on ramori's profile.
Sorry, can you please look at my requests and tell if you have it? Thanks in advance.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-211210-rj361498-tentacle-works-テンタクルワークス-賢者ちゃんとhな触手.1392118/
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-231104-rj01109498-takotubo-タコツボ-つくよヴィレッジ.1397470/
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-misotake-みそテイク-multiple-games.1404036/