Are Anime Fans Shy?

Why is your profile picture not your real face?

• Total voters
In my case, I love the character in my avatar, not shy. If u check on my main forum in my country, you will see one thread about my real photobook :P

Even once I had used my real photo as avatar

I don't think all of anime fans shy, maybe they use avatar from anime/game/or manga character because they think it's
cool like that and represent they interest.

I went with I'm ugly XD although I guess shy is a possibility as well because I don't like cameras and in 10+ years of being a forum user (ah back when I moved from 56k to DSL lol) only about 20 people total have ever seen my face.

In my case I would vote "all of the above". :P

I'm pretty shy, I've always been averse to showing pictures of myself on the Internet (this includes dating sites, with predictably bad results), I'm not particularly attractive by anyone's definition, and I think anime characters look cool as decorations.

Well... I'm just scary in a sense I think so I don't myself anymore. But I like using my anime avatar to express what I'm interested in so forth. As for shyness, not so much. Scary? More likely than not. Cool? No way, unless people find straight forward individuals as cool.

For me I'm a shy guy who happens to enjoy anime and otaku stuffs~

I'm a little shy too but I think that most Anime Fans (or a big Portion) are not that shy. Just look at the Conventions and all the People that Cosplay want to present themselves.

Personally I don't have a problem showing my Face to the Internetz but there are several dozens of Profile Pictures that would look better than my Face ;)

I'm pretty mixed about this. I've gone through cycles and moments of being very open or very shy. I'd say that past experiences can hinder me from expressing my true self out in the open, thereas online it's almost like it doesn't matter what I do. I use my avatar/pic to give the expression of myself that I want others to perceive. If we used our real faces, we'd be selective of who we talk to.

I dont care about people seeing my face if you dont like it too bad for you. I am the kind of person who will be friends with anyone regardless of what they look like. I strongly beleave its whats on the inside that counts. that being said I wont date a girl just because she is "hot" if she is a Sh*ty person then she is not worth my time. anyone can invite me to be friends on XBL, PSN, or Twitter

^Well I could be categorized that way since I'm too picky about people traits. I must agree though, if you have a bad personality (regardless how your voice sounds like) then I'll more likely to ignore you outright. On the hand, if the individual has a rough voice but has a good personality, then I'll most likely to stick around.

Anyway, it comes down to how do people like to react. I'm not shy but at the same time, I don't like people who treat people as tools or stepping stones to gain their own benefits.

Once upon a time nobody used their real identity on the internet (remember scorpian? GeNie?) anyway its fun to take on a persona, slurp!

I have some truly deliciously hentai plans too...slimy, wet plans - its about creating a symbol that's recognized in time.

Rather than being shy, I think most of the people in here can't find anybody to discuss their hobbies in real life. For example most of my friends aren't aware of anime and manga, they just look at anime like cartoons.

however most of the japanese people hesitate to say that they like anime, because anime lovers are socially awkward in Japan. Because of that, they have their own social life such as Akihabara.

133916697241.jpg
I'm not that shy XD I'm just more awkward

Yeah, well I rather not get tracked by my co-workers and people around me on what I do online. There is only so much I am willing to let people know around me. More often than not, people will lie about how they look in real life unless you have met them personally. I've seen it happen and the results are not pretty to say the least.

Well like the poll answers on the 1st page, I think it's not about shyness, it's more about protecting my real identity... Internet is a dangerous place after all...

I don`t share pictures of myself because I always look terrible in them. Not that I mind my appearance, I just don`t look good enough to present to everybody. My hair is unruly, I have dark circles under my eyes from sleep deprivation, I only shave just enough to keep it out of the way, my teeth look like crap, I`m skinny as hell, and I just look overall rough.
(And yes I`m describing myself accurately. If I was lying it`d go the other way.)

Though my avatar is just whatever picture I think fits the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

yaweeangel wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello!! can you please reupload mexashare for 裸のおくりもの, I appreciate it very much!!!
sikany wrote on Otokonoko's profile.
Hi Could you update "RJ01128508" for 3/14?