A good way to practice Manga drawing.

Yee199

Your Nii-chan
Elite Member
Jan 1, 2013
Ok I am still fairly new to drawing Manga style. i have taken 1 year of a regular Art class and that's it.

Do you experienced guys know a good way to practice because I've heard about non-productive ways of practicing. Any advice will be acknowledged. Thank you!

My friends are drawing too I am too embarrassed to ask them. Its just too awkward.

progress: i have general understanding of the front view of the face. Eyes and hair still trouble me.
Kinda scared to start the whole body anatomy thing. Don't really know how to do 3/4th view of face.

A good way to practice is by making your own manga.

As for the theories, you could learn from those 'How To Draw Manga' series... or get some tutorials from DA and Youtube

Hmm... does crap like below counts ?

EternalSolitude9.png
EternalSolitude10.png

U probably know dis but practice makes perfect so...

personally i just look at other ppl's works and practice. < i know it's not useful, but meh.

there are a lot of pose/gesture/expression references around that help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

TheB33 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi can you please resend the games from 諾威水産? I've been looking them for some time even DLsite don't have these games
kihon wrote on Shine's profile.
Buying resources out of their own pockets, spending energy and effort, with almost no return so that everyone can enjoy the cultural and entertainment products of developed countries at almost zero cost walking in the dark to serve the light, they are real heroes
bg,f8f8f8-flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg
darkvita wrote on ramori's profile.