ダンジョンの奥3 ~エルフの姫と魔城の王~ file names needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebog64

Trusted Member
Jun 2, 2012
Hi guys, I've downloaded ダンジョンの奥3 ~エルフの姫と魔城の王~ (or Dungeon no Oku 3) recently and all the file names are scrambled after I decompress the files. I can't run the game like this, so I'll need someone to give me the real japanese names of the files (txt, cf and both exe files). By the way, is there another way to get this running? Because it's not the first time this happened, so maybe the names aren't required since they aren't in the uploadposts which would be kinda stupid if you can't play the game that way.

If you already set/installed most things that are required as Japanese like the language, system locale, etc. it shouldn't be scrambled or too hard to read...

Are you sure? Because I read that if the uploader doesn't compile the files under japanese locale you'll get scrambled names even if you unrar them in japanese locale (referring to this thread: http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/hentai-games-38/japanese-同人ソフト-[111217]-[caryo]-監獄のエルフ-37310/).
I've tried to install a japanese languagepack to see if it will fix the problem, but it is rather difficult to do with Windows 7 Home Premium (besides, I'm German, so most english manuals on how to install it don't work that way). If anyone knows a detailed and comprehensive (because I suck with computers) guide on how to install it other than http://www.wincert.net/tips/microso...ck-on-windows-7-home-premium-and-professional, which doesn't work because my German settings are different, I'd really appreciate it.

Clicking on Windows Update helps.

It detects if it has any additional or other updates... so you don't have to DDL...

If you haven't installed the Japanese Language Pack yet, I suggest you try that...

It's not that simple if you have Windows 7 Home Premium, for some reason you can't get language packs via Windows Update. After much, MUCH trouble, I was able to install and activate a japanese language pack, now my whole system is in japanese and the file names still turn up scrambled if I decompress them. I really don't know what else I'm supposed to do.
Someone here should have the files, it would save me a lot of work if he/she could just post the names, since it worked fine with another game that had the same problem. I guess I'll leave the person who uploaded the game a message as well.

I downloaded the game myself...

If you opened the text document, it should have the labels for each application/.exe you're using for the game~

Untitled-1.png

I'll list the main components or what is typed on that text document.

ダンジョンの奥3.exe        ゲーム本体です、これを起動してください。

ダンジョンの奥3.cf        このソフトの設定ファイルです。
                  名前の変更や消去を行わないでください。

基本操作.txt            このソフトの説明書です。

manual.htm このゲームの基本的な操作方法についてのファイルです。
                  プレイ前にお読み頂く事をお勧め致します。

manual(フォルダ)          manual.htm用の画像フォルダです。改変しないで下さい。

data.xp3              データファイルです、名前の変更や消去を
                  行わないでください。

エンジン設定.exe          プログラムの実行設定ソフトです。

wuvorbis.dll            音声再生DLLです、
                  名前の変更や消去を行わないでください。

krmovie.dll             動画再生DLLです、
                  名前の変更や消去を行わないでください。

ダンジョンの奥3.exe is the main game. (Icon of the girl)

エンジン設定.exe is the TVP configuration tool. (Icon with a wrench on one side)

The folder with the pictures or events (catch, cyc, rich etc.) do not need to be labelled. You can leave it with the 'jumbled/broken' Japanese characters and the game still functions.

However, you may label that folder as 'events' since those are what occurs or the 'events' of the game...

Hope this helps. Please enjoy your game~

Last edited:
It works now. I'm sorry, I figured it would be just the system requirements and some service information, I didn't know some producers actually list their files in the text document. I guess I could've saved myself a lot of work :/
Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.

Reactions: renano
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

thebreaker2 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi Ryzen. Could you please reupload game RJ327069?
ballball1110 wrote on Shine's profile.
Can you please re-upload this in katfile?
[200303][みみふく] わんなわー! [RJ280040]
thank you!
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Excuse me, Ryzen. This one haven't been updated for so long, plus the newly discovered bugs. Can you please update this?
レベッカと淫呪の剣 to v24.05.12
AUO wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hello, Can you please update this thing to Ver1.12?
TasogareHentai wrote on Shine's profile.
Sorry for disturb, but can you please reupload this games (1 and 2 ) and add Mexa? Thanks in advance.