Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: WOW #3 - May 2016

Thanks
    Thanked 1,863 Times in 945 Posts
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassOverdriveRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    WOW #2 ParticipantSOTM #1 WinnerWOW #3 ParticipantSOTM #40 WinnerSOTM #51 Winner

WOW #3 - May 2016

This is a discussion thread for WOW #3. Here you can ask questions, post comments, and even post your draft work for others to comment on. While you can edit your entry submission post and remake your entry as many times as you please before the deadline, if you think there's still something missing from your story, consider posting it here first if you'd like to ask advice from your fellow entrants.

The theme for WOW #3 is BLESSINGS.
    Savour every moment, for what you take for granted could be someone else's lifetime desire.

This theme shouldn't be taken to mean "blessings" in the religious sense. It has nothing to do with religiosity and everything with having a general appreciative feeling for whatever you have so that you can make wine when life gives you sour grapes. I'm not sure that's the correct proverb, but whatever. By the way, don't drink if you're underage, mmkay? But I digress. While this theme may sound all positive and motivational, so did last round's theme of "wish", yet we had a handful of dark-themed entries. Let's see how far your imaginative talents can take you. Best of luck to all participants!

Theme inspired by none other than @|♚| KK |♚|, the official proprietor of this contest.

The deadline is on 31 MAY 2016.
    You MAY edit your entry submission post as many times as you please before the deadline.

Please submit your entry before the deadline. If you're unsure about certain aspects of your draft entry, feel free to ask around in the discussion thread. You can have only ONE post in the entry submission thread, but you're not restricted from discussing the WoW as much as you want in the discussion thread. The deadline may be extended on our discretion if circumstances necessitate it, but it won't be shortened for no reason, so rest assured and don't rush. Take your time to make a masterpiece!

This thread is only for DISCUSSIONS!
    To submit your entry, please go to this thread instead.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Ignis For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    WOW #2 WinnerSOTM #41 WinnerSOTM #42 Winner

Re: WOW #3 - May 2016

Oh, what a wonderful theme Thank you @|♚| KK |♚|; and Ignis!~

Unfortunately, I'm not sure I'll be able to enter in this one as exam period is almost here for me Shame, since I really adore this theme too!

With that said, I wish the best of luck for everyone that enters!

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Velenora For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,664 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredThree FriendsTagger First ClassOverdriveYour first Group25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    SOTM #34 WinnerSOTM #36 WinnerSOTM #38 WinnerSOTM #39 Winner

Oh my, this theme is so wonderful...~ Thank you @Ignis; for the lovely idea ♥

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to |♚|KK|♚| For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First ClassOverdriveRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    WOW #2 ParticipantSOTM #1 WinnerWOW #3 ParticipantSOTM #40 WinnerSOTM #51 Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Velenora View Post

Unfortunately, I'm not sure I'll be able to enter in this one as exam period is almost here for me Shame, since I really adore this theme too!

Nah, the gratitude is all mine to all past and would-be participants

That sucks, but it can't be helped, I guess (which reminds me, my sister is having hers next week, too). Ain't nobody's gonna accept an excuse like "I slumped because I spent the time I could've spent on cramming studying on Internet contests" anyway. I'm looking forward to your future participation, then, with hopes that the future themes will attract you as well!

Quote Originally Posted by |♚| KK |♚| View Post
    Oh my, this theme is so wonderful...~ Thank you @Ignis; for the lovely idea ♥
    No problem; you were inspiring, anyway. Glad you like it!

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ignis For This Useful Post:

A Soft Round Black Cat ancer_nyaa's Avatar
    Thanks
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassThree FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    WOW #1 ParticipantWOW #2 ParticipantWOW #3 ParticipantWOW #4 ParticipantWOW #4 ParticipantWOW #6 ParticipantWOW #7 Participant
    You know what one of my blessings are?

It's you guys (girls: only apply to you if you are a girl) and I love all of you from the bottom of my heart which is located near my sternum...I think.

Yes, I love you even if you are male, Bromance.
    If you are a girl...I guess....Sismance?

Anyway, you know what I mean. I don't need to explain.

Exams suck! I have one in thursday. I don't like it, I have to take it though. I want to have a nice future.

I am here browsing ASF because I've pretty much done what I could do....I think. I'll be fine
    Last edited by Ignis; May 4th, 2016 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts
    JaxxBlaxx and Ignis like this.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ancer_nyaa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Awards:
    WOW #2 WinnerSOTM #41 WinnerSOTM #42 Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Ignis View Post
    Nah, the gratitude is all mine to all past and would-be participants

That sucks, but it can't be helped, I guess (which reminds me, my sister is having hers next week, too). Ain't nobody's gonna accept an excuse like "I slumped because I spent the time I could've spent on cramming studying on Internet contests" anyway. I'm looking forward to your future participation, then, with hopes that the future themes will attract you as well
    Good luck to your sister! May she ace her exams with flying colours~ Hahah, if only that could be considered a valid excuse for failing one's exams xD

I have no doubt that I'll love all the themes you and K-chan will come up with in the future

Quote Originally Posted by ancer_nyaa View Post
    Exams suck! I have one in thursday. I don't like it, I have to take it though. I want to have a nice future.

I am here browsing ASF because I've pretty much done what I could do....I think. I'll be fine
    Agreed! I hope you do smashingly on your exams. Best of luck of with them!

Also, it's nice to meet you, ancer_nyaa Your entry for WOW #2 was a lovely read! (That goes for everyone else who entered as well; you all did an amazing job!)
    ancer_nyaa, JaxxBlaxx and Ignis like this.
    Ignore This Signature

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Velenora For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registeredThree Friends
    Awards:
    WOW #1 Participant

In my opinion, all the WOW themes are really inspirational; this one is too! Nice theme!
    Also, I noticed that poems are allowed this time... I'm just being curious, but is it a new rule that is going to be implemented in all WOWs from now on, or just made specifically for this theme?

It seems like it's exam week for a lot of people here... Good luck ancer_nyaa, Velenora and Ignis' sister for your exams! Hope you do well and defeat all those exams! Mine is at the end of the month, but you know, I think homeworks are more annoying than exams

So....I'm currently accepting members for my Procrastination Club...so...uh, you in? I mean, we're both in a journey of Dark Souls Education ver. so why not be together in a club.

I don't know about your work but writing a research paper about the history of doorknob is not fun. Stay strong, brother, it will end some day.

(Disclaimer: History of Doorknob is something I am not researching. It is there for the sake of a joke)
    Late reply but count me in for that club if it exists xD but wouldn't we all be procrastinating to join the Procrastinating Club itself?
    I thought you were really working on History of Doorknobs when I was reading your post >.> Coincidentally, I also had a similar homework where I have to write on the history of one of the subjects I am taking... (It's not really relevant to the subject and not fun either but what can I say?)
    Anyways, stay strong too!
    ancer_nyaa and Ignis like this.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JaxxBlaxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    WOW #1 ParticipantWOW #2 ParticipantWOW #3 ParticipantWOW #4 ParticipantWOW #4 ParticipantWOW #6 ParticipantWOW #7 Participant

I had this really good idea for this month......I forgot what it is.

I used a stamp, I'm a big boy now.

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ancer_nyaa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Awards:

Good luck to your sister! May she ace her exams with flying colours~ Hahah, if only that could be considered a valid excuse for failing one's exams xD

I have no doubt that I'll love all the themes you and K-chan will come up with in the future
    Thanks, Vel ヽ(=´▽`=)ノ We'll strive to choose good themes in the future as well!

Quote Originally Posted by JaxxBlaxx View Post
    In my opinion, all the WOW themes are really inspirational; this one is too! Nice theme!
    Also, I noticed that poems are allowed this time... I'm just being curious, but is it a new rule that is going to be implemented in all WOWs from now on, or just made specifically for this theme?

It seems like it's exam week for a lot of people here... Good luck ancer_nyaa, Velenora and Ignis' sister for your exams! Hope you do well and defeat all those exams! Mine is at the end of the month, but you know, I think homeworks are more annoying than exams
    Glad you like them. I guess it helps that I try to snip a quote from someone famous to give more "oomph" to the theme. And thanks for the wish! Hope you all ace yours, too. Now I feel lonely for not having exams approaching.

As for poems being allowed, I'm not sure. We'll see about that. This time around I just asked KK as I saw her being online briefly when I was about to make the new round. But we both like poems too, so why not?

I had this really good idea for this month......I forgot what it is.
    Spend some time to ponder while in the bathroom. Usually works for me. No, I'm serious.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ignis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Awards:

Thanks, I'll try to stay in the shower for like an hour and see if it works.

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ancer_nyaa For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information