Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I saw, I think Win8 is target more for those tablet-type PCs.
Too many features that, IMHO, useless or at least pointless for regular PCs.
Don't think I'm gonna trade my Win7 for Win8 for the time being. Gonna see how things work out when it fully release.
My spider senses tingling on Win8, just like when they 1st introduced Longhorn(Vista old name). I just hope nothing bad come out from this, unlike Vista.

Last edited:
Well, with Vista the problem was not so much the features or that they did anything to drastically new. The problem was more that hardware did not catch up fast enough to really use it well and they also did not really make the OS fast enough. Vista had bugs and was mainly slow.
With windows 7 they took what they did in Vista and then refined it and basically release a OS that should have been released originally.

With windows 8, I don't think they will make the same mistake. I really think people will get used to the new style and find that it works just as well. I have heard awesome things about how even with a keyboard and mouse it navigates just fine.

Anyway, there is no doubt that this is also for tablets, but from the look of it and what I have heard people saying, it looks good on normal PC's also.

Edit: Though I could be wrong.

tried the beta prerelease that a techie friend had. my friend and i are not a fan. pointless if you dont have touchscreen, and most of us will ignore that silly new desktop view.

tried the beta prerelease that a techie friend had. my friend and i are not a fan. pointless if you dont have touchscreen, and most of us will ignore that silly new desktop view.
Hmm, interesting hearing that because I haven't played with it yet, so I guess I will really have to wait till I get my hands on a copy to judge.

I haven't really had major problems with Vista. It's really not as bad as people make it out to be, especially the 64bit versions. As long as you turn off some of the annoying features off (i.e. Superfetch), it works like it should and I've never had problem installing anything (other than gayTune).

I haven't switched to W7 and probably won't switch to W8 either. Maybe when Microsoft decides to stop experimenting Apple-esque designs I'll upgrade my OS (or when most software's stop accepting Vista...whichever comes first).

My favorite OS by Microsoft is Win2k. (Still use it). I loved Vista to death. (It was a fun OS to mess around with), Win7 isn't too bad right not, but I've found enough bugs to make me gripe.

Win 8 isn't going to grab my attention. It's too new, too fast. Microsoft hasn't even given win7 time to settle and let the software engineers to re-release everything in complete and harmonious compatibility. Still a lot of software that has problems running in win7, in my opinion, win 8 will make everything even less useful. (just my 1/2 cent).

i agree with alexsdu, since the whole ipad, tablets been out in every corner. Microsoft try to exploit ir by making this to appeal the tablet gen you can say? Not a big fan. But always nice to see something improving.

My best guess is that this is targeted towards tablet users so they will start going on about how tablets should have W8 in them, which will cause android tablets and others to support having Windows in them too so they get more revenue.

The only reason I like Windows 7 is for the desktop.
Microsoft have basically just ruined my xbox with their new dashboard that looks very gay, yet similar to windows 8 os?
It even works the same as Win 8 I guess since you can navigate with kinect now as well.

Just my thoughts?

In my opinion Win 8 change drastically in good way, but removing the long lived Start Button, c'mon! Maybe it will go good for them with this. But somehow I'm not against it, I would really like to get my hands on it. But if you wanna enjoy fully win 8 you need touch screen pc... That will be really annoying for just enjoy it in full potential.

I concur. Tablets are nice....for those who want them. For the other billion + computer users. We want an OS. I think the nail in the coffin for Microsoft will come when they start trying to force the majority of its user base to switch to such garbage.

Putting it bluntly. I think it is just damn lazy of MS. I can honestly think of at least 34 reason just in the time it takes to write this of how many users will ruin it(a tablet esque design).

I concur. Tablets are nice....for those who want them. For the other billion + computer users. We want an OS. I think the nail in the coffin for Microsoft will come when they start trying to force the majority of its user base to switch to such garbage.

Putting it bluntly. I think it is just damn lazy of MS. I can honestly think of at least 34 reason just in the time it takes to write this of how many users will ruin it(a tablet esque design).

Have you tried the OS yet?

I am fine with Windows 7, it fits my needs and I feel Windows 8 really has a GUI I hate. Also if I want anything similar to Windows 8 I can just get the rainmeter skin.

I failed to orgasm when I found out the touchy-touch features to be the main feature of... of... the OS that I've been anticipating since I first heard of it...

...Now I am questioning myself why I even anticipated it.

They are bringing windows 8 out already?.... I think I'll just stick with windows 7 for the next few years.

I think Windows will be covering Android, future mobile devices like phones or tablet computer Android and Apple iPhone or iPad will enter a period dominated

It looked really good for tablet use. It's actually quite logical that they created this since tablets are getting quite popular.

Just because apples are popular doesn't mean orange lovers wanna eat apples.
If they wanna make an OS for tablets they should name it something else instead of successor to their PC OS series.

Oh Yes I Will Be Looking Forward To Using This OS Mainly For My Laptop,I Just Hope The Japanese OS Windows 8 System Is Not Compilcated,I'm Going To Need It For My Precious And Most Treasured Hentai Games.

I think the most people aren't switch to windows 8, because windows 7 is stable version of vista. Vista was filled with errors, they have made more than 200 patch to fix the erros. Windows 8 looks not very different from Windows 7. It's like windows 98 to XP, from XP to Windows 7 and from Windows 7 to Windows ...maybe 9.

Well in my opinion Windows 8 will not be very sucesfull product. Why? Because Metro GUI if for touchable devices like tablet not for monitor. Yeah, I know that there will be a normal deskop like in 7 but still Metro will be in the first place. I know that miecrosoft want to make one big step forward, but they are going on the worng way. But i heard that;s for W8 DVD software will not be installed only Blue-ray, so if you have dvd u can say to it bye bye (or maby i heard wrong), also if you want to watch a film form a DVD that u bought in your pc, with ur blue-ray u will have to PAY for Media player app, that will be opening DVD film, if you wont do it, u will not watch ur film. That's really stupid. I belive that W8 will be faster, better (in some point of view) but it's wont be a OS for PC.
That's my opinion, sorry for mistakes. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

[190912][Excite engine] RPGでゲーム進行に関わりなくNPCをエッチどころかディープなSMまでしちゃうゲーム [RJ264801]

Could you please Reup the above game?
Thanks.
playboy623 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
bidlocat0 wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori!
Can you update this game please?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01161364.html/?locale=en_US
Thanks!