Music Tag for FLAC

FL-God

Stalker... yeah.. Stalker
Elite Member
Dec 25, 2011
just realized some of ASL tag not consist in some of music, like no art cover or wrong information about artist and album

how you guys usually fix this?

since i usually just put flac in my android and sometimes the tag not recognized, i'm using mp3tag but still some song tag not recognized by the android but winamp can

any suggestion for software will greatly help me, i'm using foobar and EAC for convert by the way

Reactions: ewebsitecanada
Depends on which specific inconsistencies you're referring to. You'll indeed see some discrepancies between our older and newer work, as we evaluate our policies from time to time and decide whether we should add, change or remove certain steps. The general answer to your question is that we do a quick cost-benefit analysis on a case-by-case basis whether something needs to be redone.

If it's disastrous, like we accidentally missed a song in an album, then yes, expect a fix. Otherwise, for minor mistakes like mistyping Wakamoto Norio as Shimotsuki Haruka*, we may not repost on outside venues such as NyaaTorrents and at most only reupload the fixed revision to our XDCC bots.

The problem you're describing, however, sounds like it's inherent to whatever media player software you're using on your Android device rather than any actual error related to metadata tagging on our part. I don't listen to music on the go―much less lossless music (requires a lot of power, and for what, unless you're willing to carry a portable amp with you?)―so I can't give much input on that.

Just kidding. I consider that a disaster of an unspeakable magnitude.

Depends on which specific inconsistencies you're referring to. You'll indeed see some discrepancies between our older and newer work, as we evaluate our policies from time to time and decide whether we should add, change or remove certain steps. The general answer to your question is that we do a quick cost-benefit analysis on a case-by-case basis whether something needs to be redone.

If it's disastrous, like we accidentally missed a song in an album, then yes, expect a fix. Otherwise, for minor mistakes like mistyping Wakamoto Norio as Shimotsuki Haruka*, we may not repost on outside venues such as NyaaTorrents and at most only reupload the fixed revision to our XDCC bots.

The problem you're describing, however, sounds like it's inherent to whatever media player software you're using on your Android device rather than any actual error related to metadata tagging on our part. I don't listen to music on the go―much less lossless music (requires a lot of power, and for what, unless you're willing to carry a portable amp with you?)―so I can't give much input on that.

Just kidding. I consider that a disaster of an unspeakable magnitude.

thank you for reply Ignis xD

For my problem i think it was in metadata tag itself, i suspect some of this point i made
1. Either Android or Metadata itself was corrupt, some android can't read tag
2. the lossless (flac) compression itself was not compatible with some of metadata tag or
3. software related with ripping + metadata write.

for conclusion i just want to ask how ASL or any forum member set their metadata for FLAC compression, since ASL release metadata was working fine with my winamp and android music player
some of example working metadata like Trust in You - sweet Arms but when i try writing my own rip, metadata was not tagged correctly (missing album art and so on) , i'm using EAC usually and with ID3v2, if that was wrong maybe someone can enlighten me with this metadata tagging

Not to dismiss your hypotheses as useless, and sorry if this comes out as rude, but do you have details to back up your analysis? Android version, media player software used, specific rips you think have incorrect metadata, screenshots highlighting the mistake or unreadability, and other such bits of information?

1. Either Android or Metadata itself was corrupt, some android can't read tag
I'm not an Android expert by any stretch of the imagination, and knowing which Android version or software where the 'problem'―let's assume it exists for now―occurs wouldn't automagically give me the ability to identify the underlying causes, but this is pretty broad: if metadata pertaining to a certain file is readable on some OS but not others*, and that's already hard to fathom, then at best it may signal OS incompatibilities. But if you mean it works with certain Android version(s) and not others, then it starts to make no sense.

The closest possible conclusion I can think of is that one version has full UTF-8 character encoding support whereas the other lacks it. However, in most cases, this wouldn't break the entirety of the metadata and failing to properly decipher special characters would only replace them with weird symbols. And since ASL uses romaji, this would apply only to songs with special characters (like ☆ or ♥) in the title. If it's the metadata itself that's somehow 'corrupt', then it shouldn't be readable anywhere.

* For the record, I've tried playing ASL rips on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Debian 7 and Ubuntu 12.04, using a variety of media player programmes such as foobar2000, Winamp, Rhythmbox and others, all of which render the metadata just fine. I've also played our MP3 rips, although never FLAC, on Android 2.2.

2. the lossless (flac) compression itself was not compatible with some of metadata tag or
Not possible. If this were even close to being true then all our other rips would have the same problem as we only release in FLAC for lossless. And we individually tag the metadata for each file as opposed to using CUE sheets.

3. software related with ripping + metadata write.
Same as the above: We use foobar2000 not just for transcoding and tagging purposes** but also as a general-purpose music player. We'd notice it before anyone else if our rips transcoded and tagged by foobar turned out to have unreadable metadata. You could suspect that files transcoded/tagged by foobar only work fine with foobar itself and not with other media player software, but as I previously noted, I've tried playing our rips with various programmes on various OS and encountered no such a problem.

** Some of us have, on occasion, used Mp3Tag in lieu of foobar2000 for tagging purposes. That still doesn't mean using Mp3Tag is bound to cause problems as we'd still be the first to notice. Oh, and by "some of us", I mean two or three people, meaning the vast majority of our rips never got touched by Mp3Tag at all. Finally, as we're harmonising our workflow, we've mostly abandoned software not widely used by others.

for conclusion i just want to ask how ASL or any forum member set their metadata for FLAC compression, since ASL release metadata was working fine with my winamp and android music player
We just use foobar2000 to edit file properties. Yes, it's that simple. For transcoding/compression, we merely use foobar2000's built-in conversion feature with binaries based on free encoders (LAME and FLAC). Nothing complicated.

some of example working metadata like Trust in You - sweet Arms but when i try writing my own rip, metadata was not tagged correctly (missing album art and so on) , i'm using EAC usually and with ID3v2, if that was wrong maybe someone can enlighten me with this metadata tagging
What do you mean by "writing" your own rip? By EAC, are you referring to the software or the general term to refer to uncompressed lossless? And were you tagging an MP3 file with ID3v2? How about some screenshots? More information is necessary.

after one night study about how metadata works i think the problem itself was in EAC i'm using, some of tag not working because they set default on ID3v2 (which you already said UTF-8) incompatible with my android software/default player

for "writing my own rip" i mean writing metadata on my ripped CD song *sorry for my bad sentences

after i know the problem itself was in EAC setting itself, i think this technical problem solved, for anyone that have same problem need to try many set how to write metadata since some device not compatible with some type of tag

some tips from me for EAC : Use EAC only to cut WAV if you *get* the file in WAV and work the rest of already cutted wav with foobar for easier metadata tag + flac convert level

Is EAC really writing ID3v2 tags for flac? Because that is rather wrong. FLAC uses vorbis comments which are fully utf-8 compatible. Any player that supports flac should be supporting vorbis comments. If you open your flac file in mp3tag, it should show "FLAC (FLAC)" in the tag column. It could be that you have written non-unicode ID3v2 tags to flac and your player reads the ID3v2 tag first, so you get "not working"-tags.

You'd have to name some examples of what "not working" means though.

p.s.: you could always use CUETools' CUERipper instead of EAC, personally.

Is EAC really writing ID3v2 tags for flac? Because that is rather wrong. FLAC uses vorbis comments which are fully utf-8 compatible. Any player that supports flac should be supporting vorbis comments. If you open your flac file in mp3tag, it should show "FLAC (FLAC)" in the tag column. It could be that you have written non-unicode ID3v2 tags to flac and your player reads the ID3v2 tag first, so you get "not working"-tags.

You'd have to name some examples of what "not working" means though.

p.s.: you could always use CUETools' CUERipper instead of EAC, personally.

as you said my EAC actually wasn't latest EAC, and there's bug in metadata setting, just recognized this after checking some forum, in the end it was human error which was me xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。