Mahou Tsukai no Yoru installation issue.

両儀式

両儀式
Elite Member
Oct 18, 2012
Hello~

I've recently been trying to install Mahou Tsukai no Yoru Visual Novel that I have got from the torrent section on the site but I can't seem to get the game to install. The download process stops and doesn't move at the point located in the image.
MahouFrozen.jpg

I have also tried different copies of the visual novel as well, both direct downloads and other torrent files. Everyone of the all do this exact thing. I've installed many other visual novels with no problems as all. :/

I have tried both Daemon Tools Lite and PowerISO mounting programs when I mount the ISO file and always open the mounted startup.exe with Applocale with japanese region.

I am currently completely out of ideas and would love any form of help I can possibly get, even if it is just small ideas! :) if you need any more information to help you just ask me and I'll do anything I can to help you solve this issue! :)

Thank you all in advance that try and help me fix this issue~ :3

Hi there [MENTION=35321]Evangelionheart[/MENTION]

This might sound unclever but try restarting Windows. =P
AFAIK, at this stage of some installers Windows process consent.exe will ask for the user's permission to copy files. Sometimes it will take extremely long. Restarting will more likely than unlikely solve it.
If this doesn't work then it means it could be other problem.

Last edited:
Thank you Frankincense and Nanashi1! I've tried both of your twos methods but to no avail. :(

I'm still having the exact same issue. ._.;

Thank you both again for trying to help me out though~ Any and all help is really appreciated! :) I really hope I can get this fixed. :(

[MENTION=35321]Evangelionheart[/MENTION] hmm I'm sorry. I didn't look at the picture close enough when I posted that. Forget my first post.

The picture says copy failed, which I think means Windows refuses to write the data or something. Have you tried running the installer as admin?

I did think that could be a issue though I wasn't really sure how to go about it while using Applocale. When I try selecting the .exe with Applocale there isn't really a option to select admin (Even tried right clicking) unless I am missing something? D:

Thanks for trying to help me again with this! xD

Oh also I am running AppLocale in admin as well~ :)

right click on it and press run as admin? just being on admin account/profile however u call it, is not enough

See.... You get help if you ask here.... Glad everything work out for you [MENTION=35321]Evangelionheart[/MENTION]....

Yeah I have tried right clicking but there isn't a admin option on the screen when I pull it up while running AppLocale but my AppLocale is being ran as a admin.

Thanks for telling about this Slayn~ All these people trying to help me is great though we still can't seem to get it working. xD

Can you perhaps screenshots about your install-steps make...?

Okay, I'll try that Nanashi - give me a sec while I screenshot and upload~

Hmm

[MENTION=35321]Evangelionheart[/MENTION] have you tried not using AppLocale?

I think that the issue there, the applocale..... And is the system in japanese format/locale????

Yeah I've also tried without AppLocale which actually gets to the same point (shocked) then stops as well. :(

Why don't you just go into the game iso/img/whatever it is and drag the files out..... Some people do that when installing the game doesn't work....

Hmmm.... =(

[MENTION=35321]Evangelionheart[/MENTION] did you get dummy cut or full version?

I'm changing the region to japanese with AppLocale which is how I get all my other Visual Novels to work. ;o

Alright so here is basically my step by step process~ This is going to be huge so I'm sorry. ._.;
Mounted with PowerISO
Untitled-2.jpg

Open Applocale as admin
Untitled1.jpg

Set region with AppLocale to japanese then select the startup.exe with AppLocale program
Untitled2.jpg

Mahoyo starts up fine in japanese
Untitled3.jpg

Basically nexting everything here
Untitled4.jpg

Default pathing that the VN wants then nexting till it gets to the spot where it seems to just halt.
Untitled5.jpg

Sorry that took forever to upload. D:

This is the full version Frank though I'm still downloading a dummy version as we speak but taking awhile to finish on uTorrent. :(

I've never though of that, does that actually work Slayn? D:

Hmmm... So far now had you fine made, but don't had a patch/krack in the rar-file...?

I have patch and noDVD .rars as well but I can't put those into the VN's program files till its actually installed right?

[MENTION=35321]Evangelionheart[/MENTION] Hmm I found something funny.

Untitled5.jpg

It said the disk space needed is 3.9 MB when it should have been 4-5 GB or something bigger. Is it possible that your image is corrupt? Want to compare the file's MD5 with mine?

Yeah sure, so glad you spotted something. xD I'm willing to do anything I can to get this working. :( What do you need me to do?

Well... Yea.... You dragging out the content from the iso.... Some people tried it and it seem to work....

I'll give that a shot as well and hope for the best! Though I'm a little curious as to why it says such a low amount of MB when this torrent was huge almost 7g in size. D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

uiu1610432 wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,UFO.
Is there any criteria for making requests?
I want to see the recent work 'フェルン フリーレン 02' by Gentleman910
Nagomikaze wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey, do you have a working Textractor hook for this release? I can only hook the base game. Thanks in advance!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.