'Invalid startup configuration' error with Kikiriki

yonakayume

Aug 22, 2013
Hi guys, wondering if anyone with experience extracting .xp3 files can help me. I've been trying to extract images and BGM from an R18 otome game, but I keep getting this error when I enter the following prompt into cmd (inside the folder with the .xp3 files, of course):

kikiriki.exe -i fgimage.xp3 -o "C:\Users\Me\Documents\参千世界遊戯\"

In accordance with the instructions on this page, I am working in a Japanese locale, and I'm trying to extract the files I had already installed via setup (Kikiriki.exe is in the same directory as the installed .xp3 files). The instructions say that I should also identify the executable in case Kikiriki doesn't recognize it, so I tried

kikiriki.exe -i fgimage.xp3 -o "C:\Users\Me\Documents\参千世界遊戯\" -e 参千世界遊戯.exe

But I got the same 'Invalid startup configuration' error as before.

invalid.jpg

contents.JPG

This is really weird, because the game doesn't need any cracks or any additional patches. I can play it fine.

Also, another thing: when I try to extract an xp3 file from this game with Kikiriki, but in a different folder (i.e. one without the installed files and the game executable), it starts extracting stuff from the .xp3, but everything is corrupted. This is kind of strange, because the corrupted files aren't 0 bytes, but correspond to the file sizes in the .xp3 themselves. Like fgimage.xp3--Kikiriki extracted the .png files, but I couldn't view any of them because they were all corrupted. Yet all of these corrupted files are 187 MB in total. fgimage.xp3 is 185 MB.

Capture.JPG

size.JPG

Can you guys give me some advice? Thank you!

Last edited:
Easiest way is to use Extract data or Crass:

For ExtractData: drag and drop .xp3 files to the program => press ctrl + shift + s => choose your destination folder and done ;)

Download: View attachment ExtractData.rar

ExtractData may not work with newer kirikiri game though.

There's a tutorial to rip kirikiri engine game here The First Kiire Tutorial: Ripping & Processing CG For Dummy

TL;DR version: You can just use xp3viewer instead of whatever you use above.

I already tried both xp3viewer and ExtractData120 with the .xp3 files before I tried Kikiriki. None of them display anything, and I keep getting the error [Expected "#01" at postiton 0x17 but saw "#80"] with tools like Crage. Kikiriki is the only program I'm having any luck with, if you count corrupted files. At least it extracts stuff, though. Stuff that isn't 0 bytes. :/

Thanks for responding, though. I wish people would come out with more updates or newer xp3 tools.

EDIT: I tried your XP3Viewer guide, [MENTION=3]Checkmate[/MENTION]. I downloaded XP3Viewer and followed your instructions.

I extracted XP3Viewer to the same directory as the installed .xp3 files.

I dragged the game's main executable, 参千世界遊戯.exe onto XP3Viewer.exe. The game started. I dragged an .xp3 (fgimage.xp3) onto XP3Viewer.exe, but got this error:

error.JPG

Last edited:
What's the game then? Can I have the name, and a possible download location?

I have never had any xp3 game that couldn't be extracted. That include some custom encrypted one

Reactions: yonakayume
What's the game then? Can I have the name, and a possible download location?

I have never had any xp3 game that couldn't be extracted. That include some custom encrypted one

Wait, wait, check my last post please! I just edited it! :0 Sorry. I'm trying your XP3Viewer guide right now, but I keep getting this after following your instructions and dragging the .xp3 onto XP3Viewer.exe (the package I downloaded had this and XP3Viewer.dll): error.JPG

EDIT: I'm sorry, but I can't give you a download. My friend here (an uploader) uploaded it, but she doesn't want her upload to be posted on other websites, so she's only given download links to her friends.

EDIT: Oh my god, Checkmate, you were completely right! I love you so much. ;-; I was just using the wrong [url="http://hp3718.egloos.com/2427818]XP3Viewer[/url] the entire time. And yes, this crap is really time-consuming but sooooo worth it. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You can close this thread!

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
well, I'm glad you got it work out. Since I'm opening Kii.re Project I have many more tricks to merge the faces and stuff together should you find them separated, feel free to come back to this thread.

Though, I still have no idea about the name of the game.

Last edited:
The game is Sanzen Sekai Yuugi (参千世界遊戯). It's an otome game. :) Anyway, thanks for all the help.

Fortunately, the sprites are all in one piece, so there's no further work to be done after extracting them.

I can't seem to get the XP3Viewer you have [MENTION=64326]yonakayume[/MENTION]; for me it redirects to 403-forbidden page and when I try to download that file, my virus protection says it has removed the harmful file even though i would temporarily turn off firewall & virus protection. Man I really wanted that program but my internet security is being a buttmunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。