I need assistance to extract hcg from VN ... Please

kazemiya

Apr 12, 2012
Since long time ago until now I still have been looking for program and trying to extract HCG from VN studio e.go! with no success. One of the game I want to extract the most is Natsu Kagura & Oni Kagura, they'r already some HCG pack for them in this site, but I seriously want to learn to extract them myself.

I have downloaded Crass-0.4.14.0.bin.7z and I don't know how to use it since the guide is in Japaneses, so I tried it randomly but nothing happen. I have downloaded HCGconverter, but I got error message saying COMCTL32.OCX or one of its dependecies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid. the guide is also in japanese.
I'm still a newbie in this matter but I'm beginning to frustate for my failure and my lack of experience and knowledge in this matter, I don't know what to do ,but I'm still looking for somehelp.

I really really really hoping and looking for anyhelp from somebody that has some experience or knowledge extracting hcg form Visual novel to assist me extracting several Studio e.go! games...

If somebody can assist me or direct me to a place or someone who can assist me, please send me email,PM,or reply me...
Thank you for reading my request ,everybody...

Start off by unziping Crass.
Open the Crass folder and locate CrageGUI.exe and open it.

When this has popped up, check the box Source File. then press the browse button and find the File which you would like to extract the CG from. (Can be named CG or images etc).

If you want to choose the path where the files get extracted to:
Create a folder under your C drive.
Go back to Crass then
Click the Show Adv button.
Check the Dest. path box then browse for the folder you just created.
then click Execute.

if it extracted correctly the files should be in the folder you chose or else refresh the crass folder and see if one was named the file you extracted.(Sometimes happens.)
if the files to extract it should say it can not do it.

Ok now for your error:

Step 1: Re-register the component.

Verify if comctl32.ocx is in C:\windows\system32 folder. If you, you may try re-registering the file.

1. Go to start and type cmd.
2. Right-Click on cmd and select “Run as Administrator”.
3. Type regsvr32 comctl32.ocx and press Enter.

If successful you should get a popup saying "DllregisterServer in
comscl32.ocx succeeded"

(Also the readme files etc are in the folder they have _en for the english versions)

Reactions: kazemiya
LoL, Ren Nanase will be very very hit-n-miss

well, atleast you come to the right place.

First thing first, what game are you trying to extract? Exact tile please.

Provide me a screenshot of the folder of the game files, and I'll see what tools do you need

Provide me a screenshot of the folder of the game files, and I'll see what tools do you need

LOL hey hey hey. and i was going to ask for the files.
The titles are :
[030620][Studio e.go!]夏神楽
[050428][Studio e.go!]鬼神楽

Edit: Managed to find the games will download them later to see, took a little bit to find them lol.
I am pretty sure crass works for studio e.go! games. never got around to testing it on their games.
And yes i am hit and miss but what am i missing here? lol

Last edited:
Unzip Crass, open CrageGUI.exe...select the desired file with the upper option (the lower option is for files not in compressed archive).

It's a good thing that there's CrageGUI...I wouldn't be able to commandline those things myself if there's no CrageGUI!

Tell me if there's no CrageGUI.exe in your Crass, I can tell you where you can find one with it.

Start off by unziping Crass.
Open the Crass folder and locate CrageGUI.exe and open it.

When this has popped up, check the box Source File. then press the browse button and find the File which you would like to extract the CG from. (Can be named CG or images etc).

If you want to choose the path where the files get extracted to:
Create a folder under your C drive.
Go back to Crass then
Click the Show Adv button.
Check the Dest. path box then browse for the folder you just created.
then click Execute.

if it extracted correctly the files should be in the folder you chose or else refresh the crass folder and see if one was named the file you extracted.(Sometimes happens.)
if the files to extract it should say it can not do it.

Ok now for your error:

Step 1: Re-register the component.

Verify if comctl32.ocx is in C:\windows\system32 folder. If you, you may try re-registering the file.

1. Go to start and type cmd.
2. Right-Click on cmd and select “Run as Administrator”.
3. Type regsvr32 comctl32.ocx and press Enter.

If successful you should get a popup saying "DllregisterServer in
comscl32.ocx succeeded"

(Also the readme files etc are in the folder they have _en for the english versions)

thank you very very much for ur response, guys ,I hope I can solved my problem this time...
okay back to the crass.... I have tried it, there is a pop up windows saying it's successfully but nothing happens in the destination folder.
I'll attach several screenshoot, but Arrrrrghhh! why the file I attached here is always failed? I'm keeping get an error message. such as: clip_1 :invalid file ,the same goes with other file ; but my file is there and they live peacefully.... did I missed something? no, I definetely missed something there.... any idea?

for the Hcg converter , I'm only found comctl32.dll , so I proceeded according ur guide, right click on the cmd and run as administrator , typing:windows/system32/regsvr32 comctl32.ocx ,but got message :
[The module "comctl32.ocx" failed to load.
Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .dll files
the specified module could not be found.]

seem like I miss something again here. by the way is there something to do with the location of my hcgconverter folder?

Did you try ExtractData? It looks like the two games you mentioned are compatible with that.

...don't stop until all solutions has been exhausted...

thanks Checkmate, I hope soo...
but I got problem attaching the pic here and keeping an error invalid file.
by the way the game file is :
[music]
[save]
autorun.exe 44kb
autorun.inf 1kb
game00.dat 1kb
game01.dat 1.219kb
game02.dat 171.061kb
game03.dat 205.879kb
game04.dat 1kb
miko.exe 752kb
miko.log 2kb

Last edited:
Did you try ExtractData? It looks like the two games you mentioned are compatible with that.

...don't stop until all solutions has been exhausted...

yes I know , thank you Pingtoryan, yes this time I wont stop until I solve my mortal problem here.
btw wow they are compatible with extract data?
Yes, I have tried extract data but ... again I'm face problem there : when I click the file Runextractdata.bat , there is a pop up blank black windows, like command prompt windows, but it closed immediately. Only 1/2 second I though... and nothing happen... I try other files but the result is the same.... there is a readme.txt there, but it's definetely to hard for me to understand.
What should I do with error anyway?

by the way I have CrageGUI.exe in my Crass, these file is the one I/m executing when I'm trying Ren-san procedure.

Last edited:
thanks Checkmate, I hope soo...
but I got problem attaching the pic here and keeping an error invalid file.
But a notice in such case:

The screenshot upload to a image host site, or to a communiy-forum (facebook, g+ or twitter) -> what after the URL of picture copy -> what on the post menu "Image-icon" bar click -> Chooice "From URL" paste it in the empty box -> what remove "Retrieve remote file and reference locally", and "OK" -> what actually done be should...:goodtea:~>

Edit: Managed to find the games will download them later to see, took a little bit to find them lol.
I am pretty sure crass works for studio e.go! games. never got around to testing it on their games.
And yes i am hit and miss but what am i missing here? lol

Ah Ren, I forgot to attach the result from the Crash's result, but I found nothing in the folder
here I copy and paste into notepad:

Initial Utility.dll...Succeed!

Command line:
D:\program\hcgconverter\Crass-0.4.14.0.bin\crass-0.4.14.0\Crage.exe -p D:/game\natsu\game04.dat -o D:/game\miko\NATSU2 -w

プログラム: Crage - cuiプラグインを利用する汎用ゲーム抽出ツール
作者: 痴漢公賊 <[email protected]>
バージョン: 0.4.14.0
日付: 2009-7-22 19:16
発布: http://galcrass.blog124.fc2.com/
文法:
D:\program\hcgconverter\Crass-0.4.14.0.bin\crass-0.4.14.0\Crage.exe [[-d dir] | [-p package_file]]
[-l index_file] [-u cui_name] [-o output_dir]
[-n] [-v] [-r] [-h] [-I cui_name] [-i]

初期化cui core ...
170個cuiを読み込む ...

初期化package core ...
パッケージファイルのメッセージ1個を読み込む ...

アンパックが始まります ...

... アンパックが完了しました

All Done.

Command line:
D:\program\hcgconverter\Crass-0.4.14.0.bin\crass-0.4.14.0\Crage.exe -p D:/game\natsu\game03.dat -o D:/game\miko\NATSU2 -w

文法:
D:\program\hcgconverter\Crass-0.4.14.0.bin\crass-0.4.14.0\Crage.exe [[-d dir] | [-p package_file]]

初期化cui core ...
170個cuiを読み込む ...

初期化package core ...

アンパックが始まります ...

... アンパックが完了しました

All Done.

Command line:
D:\program\hcgconverter\Crass-0.4.14.0.bin\crass-0.4.14.0\Crage.exe -p D:/game\natsu\game02.dat -o D:/game\miko\NATSU2 -w

文法:

初期化cui core ...
170個cuiを読み込む ...

初期化package core ...

アンパックが始まります ...

... アンパックが完了しました

All Done.

Command line:
D:\program\hcgconverter\Crass-0.4.14.0.bin\crass-0.4.14.0\Crage.exe -p D:/game\natsu\game01.dat -o D:/game\miko\NATSU2 -w

文法:

初期化cui core ...
170個cuiを読み込む ...

初期化package core ...

アンパックが始まります ...

... アンパックが完了しました

All Done.

Command line:
D:\program\hcgconverter\Crass-0.4.14.0.bin\crass-0.4.14.0\Crage.exe -p D:/game\natsu\game02.dat -o D:/game\miko\NATSU2 -w

文法:

初期化cui core ...
170個cuiを読み込む ...

初期化package core ...

アンパックが始まります ...

... アンパックが完了しました

All Done.

But a notice in such case:

The screenshot upload to a image host site, or to a communiy-forum (facebook, g+ or twitter) -> what after the URL of picture copy -> what on the post menu "Image-icon" bar click -> Chooice "From URL" paste it in the empty box -> what remove "Retrieve remote file and reference locally", and "OK" -> what actually done be should...:goodtea:~>

hmmmmm... so I need to attach it from facebook? I'll try it now... thanks nanashi, ah but is there any other faster way to attach them? directly from my PC?

yes I know , thank you Pingtoryan, yes this time I wont stop until I solve my mortal problem here.
btw wow they are compatible with extract data?
Yes, I have tried extract data but ... again I'm face problem there : when I click the file Runextractdata.bat , there is a pop up blank black windows, like command prompt windows, but it closed immediately. Only 1/2 second I though... and nothing happen... I try other files but the result is the same.... there is a readme.txt there, but it's definetely to hard for me to understand.
What should I do with error anyway?

by the way I have CrageGUI.exe in my Crass, these file is the one I/m executing when I'm trying Ren-san procedure.

Umm...my ExtractData comes in EXE...and it works great for many games...I even use it for some normal games and it somehow manage to dig out some stuff.

...where did you grab your extracting appliances from anyway? I'm just curious.

hmmmmm... so I need to attach it from facebook? I'll try it now... thanks nanashi, ah but is there any other faster way to attach them? directly from my PC?
Well, if you know a good image host site, then have you not needful to facebook upload. But that is only one the much options...
ah but is there any other faster way to attach them? directly from my PC?
...And if you once "From computer" chosen have, instead of "From URL" - then have you pay attention, that the required image file types accepted - But how I on your previous post read have, had you a problem...:goodtea:~>

oh... btw sorry, guys, if my english is a bit strange, english isn't my native lang, but I'm good at reading, and bad at writing in english and I'm still have dictionary in my side, just in case ...

Last edited:
:goodtea:
hmmm... other than facebook... I don't have one, I think I should register into one of image host site... :cramming:
my facebook is unreliable, sometimes it's dead (blank), sometimes it's work. (now is dead again)
okay I will looking for one and register for it. :breakin:

[MENTION=25681]kazemiya[/MENTION];

Easy way for you: download and use my ExtractData

https://mega.co.nz/#!tsFlEYYK!SMZvP3xizHP3k1sBvJCFMk4Zx0x6cqNrlKGV24KIizI

and try again. If that doesn't work, then you will have to use Crass with custom cui which I'll upload that for you when this fail.

Kii.re Project team are specialized in ripping any sort of eroge CG from old games to latest one.

OH MY GOD.... OH MY GOD... OH MY GOD.... IT'S WOOOORKK!!!!! :shinies::shinies:
Checkmate, the file you give me ,it's works....
Thank you very very very much, Guys, I love you all soo muuuuch....:happytears: you guys have give me a chance to finally able to extract my beloved game myself....
-Ren Nanase, thank you very very much for ur help and fast response for my request. Thank you for assisting me for my problem with Crass. :bigeyes:
-Checkmate, thank you very very much to share ur file for me, with that I finally able to extract my beloved game myself. Yes u right Checkmate, I have come into a right place and I'm grateful. :dthumbup:
-Pingtoryan, thank you very very much for ur enthusiast and spirit give to me,:fulfilled: right when I 'm in a deep depression back there.
-and Nanashi, thank you very very much for the response about the picture, I think I need to find a good image host. :goodtea: ah, by the way do you have a recommended one? (I forgot that I had registered is a file host site, not an image host site)

Thank youuu very very much guys, I should meet you all since years ago, so I didn't wondering aimlessly like before... :blushhappy::blushhappy::blushhappy::dthumbup:

Oh... by the way, I'm still wondering about the problem with my HCGConverter ,I right click on the cmd and run as administrator , typing:windows/system32/regsvr32 comctl32.ocx ,but got message :
[The module "comctl32.ocx" failed to load.
Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .dll files
the specified module could not be found.]
what's than means anyway? :cramming::cramming:

HCGConverter is obsolete and can be safely discarded IMO.

Else, you gonna need the file comctl32.ocx in the same directory where HCGConverter reside, try it. Then again, one day I will share my ripping tools and write even more tutorial, hopefully, someone will learn from them.

Its is a file needed for running certain programs. I don't know of many programs using this file, but there are a few ways of obtaining it. You can get a copy from your friend off there PC and put it into the directed folder then register it through the CMD again, or paste the file into the HCGCoverter folder.
or else you can use this link:

Pretty much download this and run it, shouldn't have to register it.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=10019

if you want to read abit more on the error etc here:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896559

I hope this helps

(Also check correct me if i am wrong lol i only tend to try and help when i have time at night which is 1-2ish in the morning lol)

Last edited:
No idea, I don't use it myself tbh, it's 10AM now for me and I haven't slept since 10AM yesterday

Ok i found out and done some tests.

ExtractData English v1.20 works for [030320][Studio e.go] 夏神楽
Download: http://www.4-shared.eu/download/dsUl19f5gP0l4wmTlTnFfS/ExtractData-v1-20-English.html

Now when you load the .dat file it will say it is unsupported but scan it anyway as it still accepts the file, which then you can extract it.
As for [050428][Studio e・go!]鬼神楽 you will have to use Crass-0.4.14.0 to get the HCG from it.

if need be i can upload the HCG for you if you would like if you get into any troubles :)
Hope this helps you out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。