Fullscreen problems with VN's

dj_hdog

Apr 5, 2013
I know some of the older VN's are unable to support larger screen resolutions (mine is set at 1366x768) but lately I've been having trouble getting some of VN's that were able to go fullscreen before.

I'm having trouble specifically with these games:

Duel Savior
Hime Kishi Olivia

They use to be able to scale to my screen but now they keep to their regular size and have black borders in the space that they leave empty.

I've tried going to lower resolutions but this does not solve the problem.

Any help is appreciated.

Reactions: renano
any VGA card in your computer? if it was like me nvidia, i just set my desktop size to "aspect ratio" in nvidia control panel

Perhaps there is an option within the game to change the aspect ratio or change from full screen to windows screen.

If that's not the case, even after checking to make sure your graphics card and/or Directx Runtime is updated, then it could be the games themselves. Some games temporarily have 'quirks', but after opening and closing them a few times, they return to normal.

Sorry if I'm not much help. The only way to truly help is to download the games myself and try them out.

If all else fails, then please inform us again. We'll try the games ourselves.

use a text reader like notepad++b (this one automaticaly reconizes code/ seperated parts/ grouped parts)
open the options/settings file of the game you want in full screen.
look at screen resolution (if it is in the list) and change the screen aspect to the size of your liking.

-------------------
this is how i get my games (windowed/resized to my liking)

use a text reader like notepad++b (this one automaticaly reconizes code/ seperated parts/ grouped parts)
open the options/settings file of the game you want in full screen.
look at screen resolution (if it is in the list) and change the screen aspect to the size of your liking.

-------------------
this is how i get my games (windowed/resized to my liking)

You mean notepad++? I am interested in this method but I don't quite get your instructions.
The game files I have are encrypted dat files. I don't see any options/settings file.
Or does this only works on the games mentioned by OP?

i will upload a image of what i mean:

look at the selected part. if you can find such thing in the settings/options/config file of the needed games.
you can change it.

Attachments

• explaination game  resize.png
    explaination game resize.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 111
  • explaination game  resize.png
    explaination game resize.png
    86.5 KB · Views: 102
i will upload a image of what i mean:

look at the selected part. if you can find such thing in the settings/options/config file of the needed games.
you can change it.
Ah, I see. So it really is limited to certain games.
There's no .ini file here on the games I played so this won't work.
Looks like I have to buy a new NVIDIA card because I was using it before switching to AMD.

i only took that file for example, i dont know or it works with other games.

for a new graphic card you can use my (still under construction) how to build a custom computer threat
http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/tech-support-talk-12/how-custom-build-computer-256865/

i will explain in that threat for those who need help with it a instruction of what works and what wont.

if you can post there your specs from your pc, then if you need it i can search for a new good one under your needed budget

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

uiu1610432 wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,UFO.
Is there any criteria for making requests?
I want to see the recent work 'フェルン フリーレン 02' by Gentleman910
Khroad Law Professional Corporation is a multi-service law firm located in Brampton. We provide legal services in Family Law, Real Estate Law, Immigration Law, Corporate Law, Wills & Estate, and Civil Litigation.
Nagomikaze wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey, do you have a working Textractor hook for this release? I can only hook the base game. Thanks in advance!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092