In Progess Has this site been reported as a malware speader?

unholywolf

Trusted Member
May 14, 2014
I've been going to this site for a while and downloaded a lot for it, but just recently when ever I try to download an attachment it gives me a malware warning. It even does this with trusted people like girlcelly.

I've been going to this site for a while and downloaded a lot for it, but just recently when ever I try to download an attachment it gives me a malware warning. It even does this with trusted people like girlcelly.

It's not. It's probably your PC.

Upvote 0
I've been doing some work and I think it's just Google cause I'm using Chrome. When I tried IE, it work fine.

Upvote 0
I am living on the edge by not having no anti virus (I'm broke in the current moment). When clicking the magnets in Girlcelly's torrents, a prompt will always show up in chrome (It will disappear if you click the remember my choice box). I have been clicking yes on that prompt a over a year now and no virus so....yeah.

Upvote 0
Seems some of the cracks uploaded as attachments had been marked as malware. The corresponding attachments have been deleted and the rar/zip extension blocked from the attachment system.
A re-check by Google has been initiated, so the warnings should disappear within the next three days.

We'll review whether further steps should be taken and/or an alternative system should be provided for sharing such files.

Upvote 0
This issue is very isolated, it doesn't impact the site as a whole, and that the reports are false.

Upvote 0
Browser and anti-virus/anti-malware blocking anime-sharing.com

Okay I've had this problem for a while now. Whenever I enter a thread and try to open an attachment whether it be a picture, a zip file, torrent, or whatever, my anti-virus and anti-malware programs block the IP, thus preventing me from ever downloading anything from anime-sharing ever again, unless i clear the blocked IP or add an exception. Problem is it still reoccurs even after setting an exception. Maybe not for the download in a previous thread I was trying to access. But it happens again in another thread.

So I thought to myself, let's just turn off my anti-malware and anti-virus program to get to it. Nope, doesn't happen. Firefox and Chrome then block the IP the page I've opened is "malicious and dangerous," deemed by my browser and "could contain either spyware, adware, viruses". I think the website's IP has been blacklisted for malicious programs. I was wondering if techs are trying to solve this issue? It's really annoying because, I had a really difficult time getting my anti-virus,malware programs and browser to not block hyperlinks or threads on anime-sharing. The big issue is I had to do a blanket exclusion of a range of IP addresses for it to work. Not the best idea since this site is only under one IP address, and I wouldn't want to get a virus because I was at another website(which actually was a virus ridden page) that was within the allowed access range of IP for my malware/virus protection set up.

Anyone else having a problem on anime-sharing? Especially with trying to open hyperlinks?

Reactions: Murakumo
Upvote 0
Re: Browser and anti-virus/anti-malware blocking anime-sharing.com

Please take a look at this thread: http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/...as-site-been-reported-malware-speader-457665/

Google's Safe Browsing, which is used by Google's own Chrome as well as Mozilla Firefox, had us listed as "partially dangerous". We're still listed as such today. At one point, even our link redirector script also got blacklisted by some anti-virus programmes when all it did was redirect people to external links. We've now disabled the redirector altogether. No dice―we're still there. As mentioned in that thread I linked above, we've also cleaned the offending attachments, but we still landed there again.

We know it's frustrating; we ourselves are really frustrated as those warnings make it sound like the site's been hacked or we infect visitors, neither of which is true. I'll even throw in a little rant that my private server I use for hosting images was also listed as "partially dangerous" (though it's been cleared now) just because I regularly link to it here. We've done what we can―within reason. We're still exploring other possible steps, but they either involve making wide-ranging changes or require lots of manual legwork.

As an addendum: I don't know what security tools you use, but any that's worth using should allow adding narrow exclusions. I can't fathom why you'd need to add a blanket exclusion on entire ranges just to whitelist the forum.

Reactions: Murakumo and Leggy
Upvote 0
the web have virus etc..?

well everytime i try to see any image download of this web, google say that this web it's market and can have virus etc..... it's a false positive from google????

(web suspicious of give not wanted software) it's what say when i try to watch any image etc....

Upvote 0
Re: the web have virus etc..?

If the said image is in the attachment, then sadly it's a yes.
It's a false positive however.

Upvote 0
Found a small work around in Firefox.

Under 'Options' go to 'Security' and uncheck 'Block reported attack sites'. This should allow you download from AS again.

I advice when leaving AS that you check it again, since other reported sites won't be blocked and can install malware, so it's a bit risky to use, but at least you get your downloads on AS again. :P

Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Mistersmiles wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori,

Could you please upload this? https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01168783.html

Thanks a ton.
seviness wrote on Shine's profile.
can you reupload this? thx.

✨Shine✨[240412][グラス] 洗脳悪堕ちSRPG~トルカ教団の野望~ [RJ01166925]

Isagi wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please upload this?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/request-rj01183696-ムラムラ村-or-muramuramura-ピンクコーポレーション-新米olの淫らな闘い.1472795/
Thanks
Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
porm wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey Shine, can you please upload Version #74 for this? It's the latest update.

https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/いーめいどぷらす-サバイバルゲーム-#71.1224098/