Denied new host suggestion (DDLA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ages_devil

Aug 5, 2011
hi,
i found a new host few days ago and tried it, it was fast, free, and offers affiliated program
i used to have a fsc account but now i only got rs and you don't use it and the other hosts you use are not fast enough(for me at least) so i said if this is an anime forum so this new host might be good (i tried it in other forums and it is really nice host)

ddlanime.com

i wish you consider using it because your site is my main source for anime:)

thanks.

They removed their affiliate program after Megaupload got seized - the link to it was leading to the main page at first and by now is completely gone. And no affiliate program makes them a no-go since we still don't feel like relying on donations.

If you find a usable host, keep suggesting by all means - I'm not particularly happy with the current line-up either.

Upvote 0
thanks for your reply
i'll keep looking if i find anything else i'll tell you about it
but what about this page on ddla ? it was posted at 25 feb 2012

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They removed their affiliate program after Megaupload got seized - the link to it was leading to the main page at first and by now is completely gone. And no affiliate program makes them a no-go since we still don't feel like relying on donations.

If you find a usable host, keep suggesting by all means - I'm not particularly happy with the current line-up either.

What about bitshare?

Upvote 0
I used them long ago, but they were very glitchy - and no one used them to download.
Later, they switched to a tier based system, which pretty much spelled the end for them from my point of view.

Upvote 0
Maybe www.share4web.com (or www.Unibytes.com, it's unclear for is these sites different or simply look different). Up to 2Gb upload, 120 days hosting period and they have affiliate program. Although they are .com sites so there is can be a risc of domain seizure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
IMO it's unwise to rely on sites with affiliate programs since those will be the first ones to go when the MAFIAA gets involved. And frankly it won't be long before Japanese lawyers set their sights on Anime-Sharing. I think the reason Hongfire got neutered was because they enabled piracy on a ridiculous scale. A Japanese citizen could download anything from 10 different mirrors completely anonymously, at the same time someone was profiting from others' works (not that I'm accusing the admins here, just the regular uploaders). I think torrents + donations are the way to go

Upvote 0
And frankly it won't be long before Japanese lawyers set their sights on Anime-Sharing

We don't host nor have anything to do on U.S or its DMCA. We have little influence on DMCA, and if they want any content to be taken down, a valid court order is required.

Our supreme court ruled that: link to any content is not the same of copying the content, thus being protected under free speech, and is not consider an infringement.

Until all file-sharing host died, or we run out of funds, we are here to stay.

The only downside of this? It cost a [ridiculous] amount of money to maintain AS Project that it is actually questionable if we can run it for long with no ads or donation.

Upvote 0
The only downside of this? It cost a [ridiculous] amount of money to maintain AS Project that it is actually questionable if we can run it for long with no ads or donation.
Excuse me for offtop but maybe it's worth to consider ad. I mean with the current amount of visitors some unintrusive ad links somewhere at the top of page could earn enough money for maintaining site.

Upvote 0
In reply to [MENTION=4251]ages_devil[/MENTION], the link for DDLA is now ddlani.me

And for the new, long-lasting host... I think I'm going to suggest FileFlyer. They have affiliation program and has 2GB size limit. The speed, last time I checked around December, is very good. Sure, they limit your bandwidth, but it isn't all that noticable.

There's a catch for the file host system, though. You don't share files; you send files directly to a recepient via e-mail.
...assuming that the download link that was sent via email does not expire, I think this will work as a safe file hosting site. If it doesn't... the story would be completely different :/

Upvote 0
I've found an interesting filesharing site, SlingFile, at least for me that is.
It allowed non-member user to parallel DL-ing it's files. And the DL speed is really good, compared to other filesharing sites that I've used. I got around 80-100kbps, if I DL one or two files at the same time. Bear in mind that I'm located in South East Asia, where when I use Fileserve, Rapidshare or Filesonic, I only have max speed around 10-20kbps, even at 3-4 AM.

But I don't know whether they have Affiliation Program or not. Can someone check it out?
If they have affiliation program, I would strongly vote for this site.

*PS - I'm currently DL-ing anime Flag (episode 1-8 at the same time), when I post this.

Upvote 0
Yes , i see.As I know, SlingFile had Affiliation Program but not now . Because DCMA SlingFile's Affiliation Program closed . It same Filesonic, Fileserve or Uploadstation ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

uiu1610432 wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,UFO.
Is there any criteria for making requests?
I want to see the recent work 'フェルン フリーレン 02' by Gentleman910
Khroad Law Professional Corporation is a multi-service law firm located in Brampton. We provide legal services in Family Law, Real Estate Law, Immigration Law, Corporate Law, Wills & Estate, and Civil Litigation.
Nagomikaze wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey, do you have a working Textractor hook for this release? I can only hook the base game. Thanks in advance!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092