Answered I DON'T UNDERSTAND, PLS HELP :C

Status
Not open for further replies.

meow:3

Apr 17, 2017
I just post a thread in otome corner, but I can't find it.

Then, I post a another new thread in Introductions

After times that I'm editing the thread, it becomes unreadable?

XdFlwSrR

The content is completely wipe out, but still can see a part of it from the outside.

vEUeWfZE

Is there any possibility that I accidentally press wrong button, or some rules I may have broke??

Hi [MENTION=143361]meow:3[/MENTION];

When a new member such as yourself posts a thread, sometimes the thread may get automatically sent into the moderation queue, especially in certain sections and if it contains external resources (which can be anything from images or links to video embeds). That's what happened to your thread in Otome Corner, which has now been approved.

For your introductory thread, edits—especially repeated edits during a short timespan—to your post may trigger our anti-spam detector and cause it to throw your post into the moderation queue, effectively making it invisible. The thread itself, however, remains visible, which is why you (and other regular members) could still see the title but not the contents of the thread.

Both issues should now be solved. Don't worry, you didn't violate any rules. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Welcome, and enjoy your stay.

(Addendum: if you wanted to notify someone with the mention system, you'd need to add ; after their nickname and the @ symbol, like this: [MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION];)

Upvote 0
(P.s.: Once you've made a few posts the spam filter becomes a lot less aggressive. You shouldn't run into further issues.)

Upvote 0
Hi [MENTION=143361]meow:3[/MENTION];

When a new member such as yourself posts a thread, sometimes the thread may get automatically sent into the moderation queue, especially in certain sections and if it contains external resources (which can be anything from images or links to video embeds). That's what happened to your thread in Otome Corner, which has now been approved.

For your introductory thread, edits—especially repeated edits during a short timespan—to your post may trigger our anti-spam detector and cause it to throw your post into the moderation queue, effectively making it invisible. The thread itself, however, remains visible, which is why you (and other regular members) could still see the title but not the contents of the thread.

Both issues should now be solved. Don't worry, you didn't violate any rules. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Welcome, and enjoy your stay.

(Addendum: if you wanted to notify someone with the mention system, you'd need to add ; after their nickname and the @ symbol, like this: [MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION];)

Thanks a lot !!! QAQ:alice_cry:
Let me try..... [MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; :alice_busy:
DId it work???:alice_confused:

Upvote 0
(P.s.: Once you've made a few posts the spam filter becomes a lot less aggressive. You shouldn't run into further issues.)

I'm so sorryyyyyyyyyyyy~:alice_bully:
I have the habit of editing my thread after posting it :alice_sorry:
Don't be mad at me 4 this pls:alice_cry:

Upvote 0
Let me try..... [MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; :alice_busy:
DId it work???:alice_confused:
It did. :)

I have the habit of editing my thread after posting it :alice_sorry:
Don't be mad at me 4 this pls:alice_cry:
While it's better to proofread your post before submitting rather than making after-the-fact edits, there's nothing inherently wrong with editing your thread/post as you please. It's what the feature is for, and you did nothing wrong by making use of it.

It's just that our spam filter can be aggressive to new members (although, as corocoro said, it should acknowledge that you're not a bot/spammer the more you post), such that editing a thread that has been approved (i.e. visible) can unapprove and send it back to the moderation queue (i.e. invisible).

The only thing you need to avoid is double-posting within a short timespan as you did above.

Upvote 0
It did. :)

While it's better to proofread your post before submitting rather than making after-the-fact edits, there's nothing inherently wrong with editing your thread/post as you please. It's what the feature is for, and you did nothing wrong by making use of it.

It's just that our spam filter can be aggressive to new members (although, as corocoro said, it should acknowledge that you're not a bot/spammer the more you post), such that editing a thread that has been approved (i.e. visible) can unapprove and send it back to the moderation queue (i.e. invisible).

The only thing you need to avoid is double-posting within a short timespan as you did above.

Oh, I get it now.:alice_waai:
The reason I keep editing my thread is because I want it to look good :alice_gtg:
and also try some function that I can use in a thread.:alice_fall:
Like the thread you post long ago, how did you add an background pic on a thread?:alice_confused:

Upvote 0
and also try some function that I can use in a thread.:alice_fall:
Like the thread you post long ago, how did you add an background pic on a thread?:alice_confused:
You can make a thread in the spam section to try out functions/codes. Just state clearly that it's its purpose. If you feel like trying out things in private, you could instead send a private message to yourself and make extensive use of the preview function to ascertain your edits.

nanashi1 has linked to my tutorial, but if the entire thread's too much to grasp, here's just the code you need to add a background image to your post in that fashion:
Code:
[PLAIN][box=url('your_image_URL') no-repeat; ||||]

your text here

[/box][/PLAIN]
Please see the third post in that thread for a brief explanation on no-repeat and what you achieve by using (or not using) it.

Edit: I do find, that this thread soon to Tech section move should...
No, it's fine here. It still concerns site functions, not general tech questions.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

chocorn wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi shine,
This game update on March 26th
Can you please update it?
kyou159357 wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you re-up this mexashare? Thank you.
lulu1104 wrote on Lebedev's profile.
VALENTINE PINK died also
lulu1104 wrote on Lebedev's profile.
HoneyComing re:coming part 9 died all links, can you reupload it please