Answered Download links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SexySaxGuy

Apr 9, 2017
when I lurk around the download section, I saw most of the download links are Bigfile Rapidgator ul.to ... etc.
Eventhough they offer free downloads, most(if not all) of those site require premium status for high speed download. My questions are.
1: the forum require it?
2: if not, then it's uploader preference?
3: if not all of the above, then why? (maybe they want to limit the downloads, so leechers can't upload to P2P?) thank you.(English is not my native language so.)
also: すみません、日本語がたべれません。

1. I believe there is always at least one free download host provided by any uploader.
2. Non-premium is intended for casual download only. Use torrent for bulk download instead.
3. Most people upload here for money, in case you don't know.

Upvote 0
1: the forum require it?
No. We only require that each download thread provide links usable by non-premium users. While there are services we disallow such as FileJoker, we don't require anyone to use any specific file-hosting service.

2: if not, then it's uploader preference?
Yes. The standard modus operandi of most file-hosting services is to provide slow download speeds for free users in order to entice them to sign up for premium accounts. This also benefits uploaders whose files referred people to getting premiums.

3: if not all of the above, then why? (maybe they want to limit the downloads, so leechers can't upload to P2P?)
No. The more downloads a file gets, the more it earns the uploader. It's in the interest of most uploaders to get as many downloads as possible.

Upvote 0
No. The more downloads a file gets, the more it earns the uploader. It's in the interest of most uploaders to get as many downloads as possible.

Just to correct, this is not true anymore, since Sept 2016.
That is why many uploader provide the slowest speed possible, and push for premium only. The download count does nothing.
And precisely why a certain uploader is desperate for exposure on the first page.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm aware of your tendency to use even remotely-related threads as a soapbox to bolster your own reputation and/or discredit others, but while additional information is appreciable, that passive-aggressive dig was uncalled for.

Upvote 0
I'm aware of your tendency to use even remotely-related threads as a soapbox to bolster your own reputation and/or discredit others, but while additional information is appreciable, that passive-aggressive dig was uncalled for.

I guess, using effectively "premium only" threads to constantly flood the first page, are not considered actions that are uncalled for.
Which finally get even the typically non-responsive users to come asking if it is the norm.

I too, as a user of AS, want to know if it is the norm, is the administration (collectively or individually) endorsing / initiated / encouraging such norm, and hence should I too follow such norm.

Oh, do feel free do discredit me at whatever chances you or others can find.
And yes, I am very well aware what the rants does to my "reputation", in terms of download counts/premium sales.
Guess who become the USA president now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I guess, using effectively "premium only" threads to constantly flood the first page, are not considered actions that are uncalled for.
I'm not sure you fully understand what the phrase "uncalled for" means in context. It's not just a way of saying "bad" or "something I don't like".

I too, as a user of AS, want to know if it is the norm, is the administration (collectively or individually) endorsing / initiated / encouraging such norm, and hence should I too follow such norm.
FTW, this isn't your thread. This isn't even really about your personal pet peeve. This was a user asking their own questions—not yours. If you have a bone to pick with us, make your own enquiry in the direct staff contact section. I understand you perhaps want spectators, but I don't see why we should indulge.

You may be used to having your drivel tolerated in download threads, but that won't be the case here. Barring additional questions or any other kind of input from SexySaxGuy, I think it's fair to assume the questions originally asked here satisfactorily addressed. This thread needs no more of your unrelated rant, and any subsequent posting of such will be accordingly dealt with, including unprompted removal.

Oh, do feel free do discredit me at whatever chances you or others can find.
I think I'll act my age and not pretend I was fifteen years younger by throwing a temper tantrum to satisfy my daily dose of attention-seeking, thank you.

Upvote 0
well, thank you for answering me. Last question, is it ok to ask the uploader for a download privately?
My initial thought was "Why would I give something that worked my ass of to get and then just hand something over just because some scruby-ass anon asked"(sry for the explicit word,but some may not sound like that)
Hope I'm wrong. After that please close the thread. Thank you

Upvote 0
I'd suggest making a request through the appropriate request section first; some may not like having their inbox spammed with private requests and may just ignore you.

Upvote 0
What Arylin said. Otherwise, while we have a list of preferential methods with which you can contact staff members, we won't control what you say to uploaders and other members via PM unless it involves advertisement, harassment, or anything else that runs afoul of our rules. Obviously, we can't guarantee you'll get a helpful or even cordial reply either.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。