Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree1416Likes

Thread: HONEY SELECT RANDOM STUDIO MODS

Ram-0-Ram

...............................................................................................
    Last edited by Ram-0-Ram; December 13th, 2017 at 12:09 AM.

2. The Following 100 Users Say Thank You to Ram-0-Ram For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

saint1228

Re: HONEY SELECT RANDOM STUDIO MODS

The Cursed House is awesome, I've been looking for some sleazy/trashy settings for some of my models.

Thanks
    Overall activity: 0%

Hello everyone !

So, are you ready for the noobiest question of the year ? yes ? Are you REALY READY ??? So, wait for it... Wait for it... NOW : what is this studio thing about ? I mean, you can make screenshots and vids, that's ok, but can you make your own positions, for example, and put them in the "real" game (the "hotel") ? If there's a good tuto about the studio, please let me know. Or an english/german/french version of the manual ?

Oh, and i'm discovering this kind of games, i even didn't know it existed before last month. Very fun, and, as i'm a bit artist, images are realy beautyful. Ok, off-topic.

Have i been noobish enough to put this post in the wrong thread ? Not imppossible - i'm french, "impossible n'est pas français" ! ;-)

And, one more time for so many video games : thank you moders, without you we would never play any achieved game !!!

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

Very nice! Out of curiosity, what kind of fixes will you be applying for them? The tricky thing with just about every map I've seen (and the skydomes) is the glitchy shadows that show up on the characters.

Either way, hope you're feeling healthy, and I appreciate that you'd even consider doing all this.
    Last edited by tmvaegis; January 19th, 2017 at 06:38 AM.

Ram-0-Ram

Quote Originally Posted by tmvaegis View Post
    Very nice! Out of curiosity, what kind of fixes will you be applying for them? The tricky with just about every map I've seen (and the skydomes) is the glitchy shadows that show up on the characters.

Either way, hope you're feeling healthy, and I appreciate that you'd even consider doing all this.
    There are bad UVs. Bad normals. Left some gift box. Put Backface Cull-Off to support the two way mesh where needed. Size of maps. Materials/Shaders. Glitch shadows is caused by sky-domes. I need to look over that problem. Now I am thinking to create skydomes (Morning, Day, Evening and Night)
    Sayaka-Matsuoka and blanktest like this.

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second Class5000 Experience Points1 year registered

Glitch shadows doesn't seem to be a skydome specific problem, I fixed Amamiya's by removing their ability to cast/receive them long ago. I'm pretty sure it's related to the size of the maps, as smaller ones do not have this problem. I've noticed shadow quality drops the moment you put new items in a scene, specifically map/items, so I'm leaning towards the game having a max capacity for handling them. The moment it's over a reasonable limit, they begin to break. The solution (if possible) would be to change that inner game limit. Probably a bad idea for lesser machines, though.

Ram-0-Ram

I am not even sure the real reason of the shadow problem now. I re-did my AHM maps again. I couldn't find any bug till I used AHM_Docks and it produced to kind of shadow problem.

This a is bug which has both Cast and Received Shadow enabled.
      Spoiler:  

This the one with Both disabled.
      Spoiler:  

I don't know the fix of this. Only option is to disable the shadow option in the studio.

Another type of shadow bug is the distance. Camera zooms in and out the shadows fade in and out respectively. So I don't know this version of fix because I already spent today understanding it and couldn't find a decent answer nor the fix.

Last Resort: Disable the shadow in the studio.

Thanks
    Achievements:

@Gil - You're quite right about the re-sizing of the maps/skydomes causing those funky shadows, though it's not specifically just that, as ramo pointed out.
    That's the problem with the skydomes; for many maps, you have to either move them or re-size them to suit the need of the picture. For the larger maps, you're forced to resize them so they don't obstruct any of the map. What that does, though, is exemplifies and worsens the shadow issue.

It's rough, because as much as I want to use the maps/skydomes, this issue renders many of them unusable. As far as quality is concerned, plasticmind has improved the shadow quality for the 4k diffuse mod, so that's at least helped that issue a bit.

@ramoram - Disabling self-shadows in the studio would really hurt the overall depth and environment of the scene, though (and the characters in it). Hopefully it doesn't come to that. : /
    izecson and mephiston00 like this.

Thanks
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation Second Class5000 Experience Points1 year registered

As I said, skydomes are easily fixed. Just disable shadow cast/receive. See Picture 2. That's a modified Amamiya dome set at maximum visible size. No issue.

I don't know what Ram did on the AHM_Docks map, but he didn't disable shadows properly. See picture 1. That's the same map with the shadows disabled.
    To disable shadows, select all meshes-->click attributes-->uncheck "Receive", set cast to 0.

Picture 3 is using my Town map, normal size. Notice how the shadows already took a small hit in quality compared to Picture 2. No issue though.
    Picture 4 is using the same map, size x11. Issue present.

I already tried the shadow config by plasticmind, tmv. I didn't notice any changes in shadow quality, probably because the cyberbeing config is roughly equivalent in this department. At any rate, the issue was still present.

Spoiler: Picture 1 

Spoiler: Picture 2 

Spoiler: Picture 3 

Spoiler: Picture 4 

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GIL★ギル For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Achievements:

@Gil - I had to do that with quite a few objects for SBPR, so thanks for the quick instructions to refresh my memory.

As far as "better quality" is concerned, I meant that the shadows no longer go on seemingly forever, as they used to, and now gradually fade naturally. They most definitely lose quality in the circumstances you mentioned, though. Cyberbeing hasn't been around for quite some time, though, and I don't recall him ever releasing anything regarding shadow quality; it was all to do with SSAO & SSR.
    mephiston00 and rerousi like this.

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information