Where to run ?

sunflower

A.C Milan Fan Club
Elite Member
Feb 24, 2012
Today I happened to come across an article about the piratebay. After reading that, I think about megaupload and other file sharing sites. At first I thought that as long as the owners don't live in the US, they can't do anything. But I was wrong. Now when I sit down and think about it, there is no such thing as a safe haven on Earth. Even thought anonymity is something the internet offer, if they really want to track down someone, it is not that hard. Every single website need a server to host it and they can go after that. Many countries don't want to risk their relationship with Uncle Sam, so as long as they want to catch someone, they just need to send a warrant and the government of that country will take care of it. That makes me think, how long until all famous sites like isohunt, tokyotosho, nyaa beccome the next victim.

Where to run? I know one country where Sam Ojisan's arrest warrant have no power.

North Korea.

Singapore is also pretty light on IP enforcement until you start selling DVDs in your store, then they might decide to make an example of you. Still better than here in the US.

Where to run? I know one country where Sam Ojisan's arrest warrant have no power.

North Korea.

You'd then also have no internet. Have you ever tried using Google Earth and simulate viewing North Korea on nighttime?

It's black, I tell you. It's freaking black. I mean there's even no electricity in there...

You'd then also have no internet. Have you ever tried using Google Earth and simulate viewing North Korea on nighttime?

It's black, I tell you. It's freaking black. I mean there's even no electricity in there...
I know.:P It's a catch-22 thing - you're safe, but you'll not gonna like it there.

Welp, can't get 'em all, you might mean '_'

To the thread, though, I don't believe sites those large would come down that easily, even from a critical hit from the cops. I'll cross my fingers for now and hope that they have some 'grand backup plan' in case sh*t is really happening...

Ah, thats good to hear. But yea, IP enforcement is pretty lax from what i've gathered but thats a problem in enforcement in general... But nonetheless im still paranoid on how the highlight of this year for me is about ACTA/SOPA/TPP and every other clone.
And you've been to Taiwan also? And im sure things have changed greatly since your last visit.
Here at Taichung, from what i've gathered its starting to modernize, but its still pretty much cluttered in terms of urban planning.
I guess i am a bit fortunate, but i wonder how long considering i am deciding to do my masters in Singapore a few years from now.
But then again the only entertainment i download are Japanese, and a heck of alot of italo music... something that american producers dont have a large influence yet.

Hmm would Russia work? Idk :/ They dont really care for the US from what i hear...

Seriously guys, even if the local government wouldn't heed to their demand, would that gonna stop them from catching you, if they think it's worth it.

But would they really think its worth it to maybe ignite a war or ruin relationships more for being douches?

Ah, thats good to hear. But yea, IP enforcement is pretty lax from what i've gathered but thats a problem in enforcement in general... But nonetheless im still paranoid on how the highlight of this year for me is about ACTA/SOPA/TPP and every other clone.

And you've been to Taiwan also? And im sure things have changed greatly since your last visit.
Here at Taichung, from what i've gathered its starting to modernize, but its still pretty much cluttered in terms of urban planning.
I guess i am a bit fortunate, but i wonder how long considering i am deciding to do my masters in Singapore a few years from now.
But then again the only entertainment i download are Japanese, and a heck of alot of italo music... something that american producers dont have a large influence yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。