What do you think of Windows 10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tee

Otome Bishies' Queen ♛
Contributor
Mar 29, 2015
I don't see much of a difference with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. '-'

I am safer with my Win 7 Pro 64Bit Sp1 no need for any other OS to be installed (in my personal pc) and in comparison with EL Capitan OSX hm i prefer OSX but in my Eyes Maverics was far the best OSX...
As for the Windows 10? After upgrading on my wife's Dell XPS X702L i saw many problem 1st with internet, multiple times i saw connectivity on USB devices to be fail or to remove the and insert the plugs 2-3 times. Anyway i am keep out the Windows 10 from (my) personal machines.

Reactions: Tee
I have windows 8 on my laptop and I am pretty much happy, even tho once my laptop was "death" because a windows update (my laptop automatically made updates to windows 8 until the crash, after that all the windows 8 updates are on hold xDD). So, basically, even windows 8 after so many years can give some nice crashes, just imagine windows 10... I think it will take at least one more year for windows 10 to be more...stable (yeah that's the word) since all version of windows had some problems in the...let's say "baby" stage.

But, let me say a fun fact, dunno how it's in your country but in mine, all laptops bought in the last 2-3 years (I bought my laptop two years ago) came with premade windows 8.....I tried installing windows 7, I wanted windows 7 on my laptop but it just didn't work, didn't accepted it until I tried their windows 8 CD....And wow....that version of windows worked like a charm ...Why I wasn't amazed? *lol* Let's just say that they just forced windows 8 that way, since most people already used windows 7 and were happy with it and they didn't wanted to switch. And it's not just my laptop, many friends of mine who bought a laptop that period needed to use windows 8. So, on this example, I will say that at least in my country, all laptops bought in the next 4-5 years will have windows 10 as native and all other version of windows won't work xDD On the model..."you don't want the change? I will force it on you!" xDD

Btw, the poll should have a "Meh" vote since I don't think it is necessary "good" or "bad", it's just "Meh" for me right now xD ;)

Currently using Win 7. Still waiting for my free Win 10 upgrade to get to me.

I'll try it out and see.

As I understand it, I can go back to Win 7 if I don't like it.

I still have an old vintage laptop in my collection, that uses Win 3.1. Talk about a dinosaur! :laughpanda:

Currently using Win 7. Still waiting for my free Win 10 upgrade to get to me.

I'll try it out and see.

As I understand it, I can go back to Win 7 if I don't like it.

I still have an old vintage laptop in my collection, that uses Win 3.1. Talk about a dinosaur! :laughpanda:

Or...you can get Windows 10 from the Microsoft website and update your laptop or PC without any hassle. :D Why wait?

Here is the link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

You don't even need a USB Flash Drive or disc for this. If you get Windows 10 using a disc or USB Flash Drive, you would need at least 3GB of memory. I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 easily just by downloading the software and running through the steps and the program. There are two methods to upgrade to Windows 10 if you are either a Windows 7 or 8 user; one is the installation media method with the disc or USB Flash Drive and two is just clicking on the program and installing it with no issue. I hope that helps you.

T06dE7e.png

(This is how the free Windows 10 upgrade tool looks like. Choose upgrade this PC now.)

From,
T :haguro:

Reactions: Leggy
I have windows 8 on my laptop and I am pretty much happy, even tho once my laptop was "death" because a windows update (my laptop automatically made updates to windows 8 until the crash, after that all the windows 8 updates are on hold xDD). So, basically, even windows 8 after so many years can give some nice crashes, just imagine windows 10... I think it will take at least one more year for windows 10 to be more...stable (yeah that's the word) since all version of windows had some problems in the...let's say "baby" stage.

But, let me say a fun fact, dunno how it's in your country but in mine, all laptops bought in the last 2-3 years (I bought my laptop two years ago) came with premade windows 8.....I tried installing windows 7, I wanted windows 7 on my laptop but it just didn't work, didn't accepted it until I tried their windows 8 CD....And wow....that version of windows worked like a charm ...Why I wasn't amazed? *lol* Let's just say that they just forced windows 8 that way, since most people already used windows 7 and were happy with it and they didn't wanted to switch. And it's not just my laptop, many friends of mine who bought a laptop that period needed to use windows 8. So, on this example, I will say that at least in my country, all laptops bought in the next 4-5 years will have windows 10 as native and all other version of windows won't work xDD On the model..."you don't want the change? I will force it on you!" xDD

Btw, the poll should have a "Meh" vote since I don't think it is necessary "good" or "bad", it's just "Meh" for me right now xD ;)

"Meh" could be okay you know, in other words. XD

[MENTION=109088]tgywal[/MENTION]; Thanks for the info!

It's okay, I'm in no hurry. :)

Eh... I'm too scared that some games might not run if I upgrade my PC so I'm going to stick with Windows 7. I did try it out once with somebody else's and yeah, it's almost similar to Windows 8. I don't like it. ( ̄□ ̄)

First, best choice it do clear install, no Update because it were stupid idea.
Second, better wait 1 or 2 month for Fix - Updates - New Ver, Antivirus and Drivers.
Third, game speed Rise to 15-25% DirectX12 at last start work not like second layer. Game->DirectX-Os-> Videocard
DirectX12 start work like all console do. Game->Videocard.
And yes, DirectX12 (Win10) not good work with old games, were sad...
And if you not have Pro version you WERE limit to choice in Win10 big amount of tool tips are block...

Same goes near every country. But many of my friends and colleagues that bought 1-2 years before laptops or normal / tower / desktop pc have an original copy of Window 8 or 8.1 and the most of them they wanted Windows 7 some of them i helped them and installed a clear copy of Win 7 and their pc have taken an amazing speed up.

Windows 10 they aren't stable until they will get their 1st Service Package.

My self speaking i am not about to install them in any of my machines. Though my wife wanted to update her free upgrade that was given to her from Dell & Microsoft an original copy of the Windows 10.

I Like my Win 7 and my OSX Maverics (far the best) faster than El Capitan!

But many people are hyped about the new Windows 10 OS that is multiverse look Windows Phone / Tablet / Laptop etch.

It's a nice future but for me that i work Photoshop & C4D <- as hobby , (AutoCAD for my job) i found till now unstable and the Win 8 & 8.1 so you can imagine what they are the Win 10.

Anyway. I hope in the future that Microsoft can upgrade the 10 OS but until then as i said before i am good with my Windows 7 64Bit Professional. And i won't upgrade to Win 10 any time soon... ;)

Same goes near every country. But many of my friends and colleagues that bought 1-2 years before laptops or normal / tower / desktop pc have an original copy of Window 8 or 8.1 and the most of them they wanted Windows 7 some of them i helped them and installed a clear copy of Win 7 and their pc have taken an amazing speed up.

Windows 10 they aren't stable until they will get their 1st Service Package.

My self speaking i am not about to install them in any of my machines. Though my wife wanted to update her free upgrade that was given to her from Dell & Microsoft an original copy of the Windows 10.

I Like my Win 7 and my OSX Maverics (far the best) faster than El Capitan!

But many people are hyped about the new Windows 10 OS that is multiverse look Windows Phone / Tablet / Laptop etch.

It's a nice future but for me that i work Photoshop & C4D <- as hobby , (AutoCAD for my job) i found till now unstable and the Win 8 & 8.1 so you can imagine what they are the Win 10.

Anyway. I hope in the future that Microsoft can upgrade the 10 OS but until then as i said before i am good with my Windows 7 64Bit Professional. And i won't upgrade to Win 10 any time soon... ;)

Yeah, I wanted windows 7 too. Until my laptop, I used for so many years windows xp (because my pc was so old that I didn't even had the RAM for windows 7 xDD) so I was eager to use windows 7. My face dropped when my laptop didn't even wanted to start with the clean copy of windows 7 I had -_- So...I just used their cd with the windows 8. I was so sad because I didn't even like it at first, no start bar and etc. But I found myself liking after all, it's kind of interesting how people can adapt when there is no other way xDD

To be on topic with the windows 10 subject, I don't plan to upgrade my windows 8 to 10 anytime soon, let's say that a stable version of windows is more "charming" that one that gives crashes. I don't want to find myself thrown out from a game only because the system has some issues or doing something in PS and crashing. Maybe after 2-3 years, I will also upgrade, but I suppose that in 2-3 years a new version of windows will appear (only God knows what kind of version will it be, they have an interesting way of counting xD ) so I guess I will always be with one step behind with technology, hahahaha xDD I feel like a geezer now xD

Reactions: fguelffstan and Tee
I am 2 steps behind than you are now... ;) I am running healthy my Win 7s and i am so damn happy. I won't change that OS till there is no way to do go any further! But untill 2025 when Microsoft will stop supporting windows 7... i have time and also Microsoft have time to make a good OS because of what i am seeing those years... i am disapointed...

I am 2 steps behind than you are now... ;) I am running healthy my Win 7s and i am so damn happy. I won't change that OS till there is no way to do go any further! But untill 2025 when Microsoft will stop supporting windows 7... i have time and also Microsoft have time to make a good OS because of what i am seeing those years... i am disapointed...

Well, I wanted to be also 2 steps behind, but oh well...I guess it worked like that too, haha xD My motto in this case: "why change if it's not broken"? I totally agree with you, same for me with windows 8 ;)

Reactions: fguelffstan

Well, so far I know: Is Win 10 the last version of Microsoft, because Win 10 is now like a ordinary software, where after his/her release only updates coming - And the payment system is like a annual magazine-subscriber then...

I have also at the Allienware and the XPS 702L (my wife's) the original ghost with Win 7 original copy so whatever happens i am cool ;)

So yeah Microsoft whatever are your plans i am saved ;)

"Okay" is really the most accurate reaction I have for Windows 10 right now. I only decided to upgrade this quick due to the majority stating how better it was. Well, the design is better but it's laggy. I'm not seeing much of an improvement over Windows 7 but it's not that bad that i'll want to downgrade yet.

I'll give this 2 weeks before I decide to just go back to Win 7 until later.

mmmm ...
1 have you want it work normal if you just install old program, config, for Win7-8 to Win 9, if YOU really want Upgrade, you MAST, before Upgrade DEL, all programs, and install, all again in 9. You just want miracle, like USB1 start work like USB3...
2 use Acronis, Paragon, Etc, and Create New Partition, and just install Win9, and Relax, about you lost your old Win7-8...
3 and yes it Win9 i hate this advertise shit about 10... it still the same Vista, just like XP it Win2000sp3, it just Updated version.
4 like i write before WAIT 1-2 months and all be Okay.

OffTop
Куча народа страдает хернёй и потом жалуется им бесплатно подарили новую вин а они ещё и не довольны скорость благодоря новому диру выросла прилично правда есть проблема со старыми играми что плохо но думаю дир12 обновят и всё будет хокей

Last edited:
Windows 10 Media Creation Tool v.2.0
-://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
-://download.microsoft.com/download/1/C/8/1C8BAF5C-9B7E-44FB-A90A-F58590B5DF7B/v2.0/MediaCreationTool.exe
-://download.microsoft.com/download/1/C/8/1C8BAF5C-9B7E-44FB-A90A-F58590B5DF7B/v2.0/MediaCreationToolx64.exe
---
Lawyers read the license agreement Windows 10
Original Rus
-://fishki.net/1618553-juristy-prochitali-licenzionnoe-soglashenie-windows-10.html
Translated from Ru To Eng or you can choice your lang manual
-://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=ru&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Ffishki.net%2F1618553-juristy-prochitali-licenzionnoe-soglashenie-windows-10.html&edit-text=
---
Destroy Windows Spying
-://twitter.com/nummerok
---
And not need scream Microsoft spy, all company do this, absolutely all.
---
Windows 10: You've got questions, I've got answers
-://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-youve-got-questions-ive-got-answers/
---
OffTop
Skylake-S out and it i5 just 2-4% but i7 4-10% in some test +40% hmm, integrated Video chip weak than in Broadwell... Why i5 so WEAK if you have Hasswell or Broadwell i5 you not need worry about Upgrade to New i5, but if you can buy i7 it good choice.
---
And about DDR4 if you cant buy something like 2800, better wait and get more money because it give you were small speed bonus
Good choice something like this ~170e not big price but were good characteristic
-://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3000c15d-16grk

Last edited:
Someone say, You Mast Update(or set gun to your head), we just talk about what it give and have it need install. And i already 3 times write need wait. Just install, to new Partition, and it not Del your 7-8 if you so fear. And have you want game in new games for Dir12. Yes, were old games cant be not playable. And yes, i love old games, i game in game 5-15-20 years old. Just in my 7 (4-5y last time installed, because buy SSD Intel 520 120GB for now need 256)but that stupid war in Ukr rise price to 60-75% in Rus). Or use Emulator DosBOX, Etc.
And another... you cooking soup, wait x years, start cooking new soup and add to old, and have you think you get... The same work for installing Win 9 to 8-7. You do mess with new and old. OS always mast be installed to Clear Partition. Or it get all garbage from old OS.

Reactions: fguelffstan
I'm on Windows 7 and don't really see a reason to "upgrade" since everything works fine and is rather fast.

Well,I have use Windows 7,8,8.1 and 10.The boot performance that i decide be winner is Windows 8 not 8.1.For compatible Windows 7 and 8.1 that is excellent for PC and Laptop which is build in 2013-2015 that support UEFI and Secure boot.Windows 10 is just like mix from GUI Desktop Windows 7 and Tablet mode with Windows 8.1 but it work smooth well.I only use DELL Optiplex GX520 that use only Pentium4 and ram 1 GB with 80GB HDD from WD.It can boot about 52 sec from BIOS.I can't say which Windows os boot fastest from SSD. SSD,It work like flash memory.No motor,No head reading,No platter.Another thing on Windows 10 is great but my laptop want to stay Windows 7 Ultimate Japanese language edition for long because it can boot by UEFI and support GPT Disk already.I wait another reviewer or news what Windows 10 is improve or bug.

Thank for reading.

I suppose the average person is resistant to change and won't upgrade to windows 10 til it becomes the next standard. As someone who is an undergrad in the It industry, its important for me to learn how to adapt to new operating systems and software.

Windows 10 is a big improvement over windows 8. Microsoft learned from their mistake and to keep the basic interface similar to windows 7. The upgrade itself was a fairly smooth transition. Theres a few programs of mine that don't work due to the change so thats probably my biggest issue with it. Overall, its definately an improvement to windows 7 and they are moving slowly towards touch screen monitors.

as i'm a bit old-fashioned about OS, i still with 7, transition from 8 to 10 was good since it was the same case with Vista to 7 which i think both was good but 7 was excellent in all aspect, but as far as i'm concerned, driver, Windows Update, software and hardware support might still challenge for someone who don't understand how this transition work

for extra, i still got Windows ME, XP, Vista on my family computer/netbook/laptop, so it's good to see how Windows changed a lot ;)

just remember when my XP won't shutdown just because driver update lol

What I have now works ok and see no reason to upgrade just yet.

I havn't tried W10. I don't really trust an OS with built in marketed advertising aka spyware. I don't like to see ads in Solitaire. I would hope the pro retail version isn't as bloated.

I prefer to be in control of my system. I always customise my OS for a minimalist look and would not be using that default desktop. I have no touchscreen tablet or a need for a digital assistant either.

Only the DirectX12 appeals to me for games but it takes game devs years to adapt to changes. Unfortunately many games are often just console ports and performance is restricted anyway.

There are some technical changes I really wanted to see in W10. It might seem crazy but if they really want to call it a new OS, they should have gone 64bit only. Many programs already come in both 32/64 bit versions. The goal is to overcome longterm compatibility issues by getting software/hardware developers onto the same level. Also, increase that filepath name limit above 260 characters or whatever it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

sswwwwss wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi, would you reupload the dead links for 幻想生物図鑑 series, especially with their html? I can't find them anywhere.
Also, do you happen to have older works from this series? Those works that don't even appear on offical site anymore.
Many thanks.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Btw, considering you have this, does that mean you have access to this one too? Just asking.

『角折魔王エリスの再生譚』体験版
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/201010-なぎり屋-叔母を貪る夜-ver23-03-27-rj302585.1298225/

Can you please Reup this?
Thanks as always for the good work.
Enemond17 wrote on Shine's profile.
神具姫ヒーローアンチド could you please reupload this? thanks