Status
Not open for further replies.

LioNeeZ

Little lion man
Elite Member
Dec 23, 2012
Hello peooooooooople~!
How are ya doing?
well anyway to the topic at hand about the PSP, since I am thinking of buying one.
I was wondering should I buy a jail breaked PSP or should I buy a normal one and
if by any chance ill want it jail breaked Ill mess with the programing my self.
but since jail breaking a PSP is risky from more than one reason I was hoping for some
advice, well what do you think? jail break or a normal one?
By the way even when I have an emulator for PSP (actually 3 of them that are working fine)
I still cant carry my computer with me to play the games when Im "traveling", and also I will
like to mention like any PSP emulator that runs on PC it has some limitations, and I also recently
found out that I should stop messing with the bin files on my computer when some PSP game
are making life harder for me(-_-).

I use a hacked PSP for playing SNES, GBA, GBC, MSX, PS1, and of course, PSP with no UMD. The only problem is that I cannot turn it off completely (my firmware will not allow it) nor play many newer games (it's pretty old and never updated beyond version 5.03) and I have to re-firmware it every time its power cuts (not much of a problem with a memory stick dedicated to the purpose, just tedious).

...I reckon that a normal PSP would have advantages regarding stuff from PSN (it's really bad when my brother got loads of PS1 classics from PSN but not one could be used because my PSP was hacked) and that you don't have to worry too much about updates and all...But having used a hacked one for years I'm afraid I may be biased towards hacked...after all, I played almost all Gen 3 Pokemon, Fire Emblem SNES/GBA, and the old Metal Gear games, among others with my hacked PSP.

As a side note, a hacked PSP is still to an extent compatible with real stuff; I've transfarred Peace Walker (played with ISO) data to PS3 and back to [hacked] PSP with no problems at all.

Ok for psp hacking it is installing CFW (Custom Firmware) and nowadays its SO easy. if you use the new PRO CFW all you do is move the folder into your game folder in psp and run it on your psp and thats it. You can still do all the normal stuff but now you can run countless new emulators and cool stuff on it.

I don't really see the point in buying one prehacked because its so simple to hack. Like its the same process as if you wanted to put a emulator on it so. and you'll get a somewhat better understanding of how it works so you can do more with it.

I didnt really play with my psp untill i hacked it then i could play all the old school games on it do fun things like screen capture onto my PC monitor, run CWCheat that's a program for CFW that lets you cheat in games like on RPG games you can make you lvl up or give you unlimited health ect. I only got it so i could move my ps1 saves from my pc to my psp... still cool.

Rrrhm! *Cough*.

Don't buy a jailbroken PSP as you call it. It is not worth the extra money, as the CFW for the PSP is free and needs no installation instructions.

Buy a regular stock PSP with the latest firmware (6.60) and grab yourself the Pro-b10 CFW and away you go.

Mhmm.

Back in history though, running CFW did have a good chance of bricking your PSP. Because the method to load the CFW was unstable.

So only in the past couple of years, the development teams for the custom PSP software revised their loaders and developed the Pro-B xxx series. The Pro-B series runs just like the previous CFW, but instead of needing a bunch of files to run, the Pro-B is an "all in one" package.

Just add the Pro-B eboot file into your PSP game folder: /ROOT/PSP/GAMES and you can run CFW instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。