How Much Standard Salary In Your Country?

sprucefir

Feb 19, 2011
Well, the idea just came off spontaneously when I've been informed salary and benefit that I will receive if I'm attending IM Japan program for 3 years on job training in Japan.
The benefit being offered in my opinion much better than I've received in my current job. Makes me wonder how much standard minimum salary and benefit in other county?
And so, I would like to ask your help my friends to mention standard minimum salary in your country and perhaps also mention you current salary (including benefits) since I think it could be useful to survey from a lot of people concerning this matter as my reference.

Okay, let me start this thread by giving off my estimation concerning standard minimum salary in my country and also my current salary.

NKRI (Negara Kesatuan Republik Indonesia)
Average standard minimum salary: IDR (Rp.) 1,500,000.00 / month = USD ($) 150.00 /month
This standard being disputed by labors since considered very low, hence caused national scale labor strikes on may day.

My current income:
P.S you don't have to mention your employer since it's confidential but I can say that work in a company in textile industry.
Main Salary : IDR 2,500,000.00 / month = USD 250.00 / month
Benefits
Lunch : worth IDR 87,500 / month = USD 8.75 / month or 35 Cents a day.
Health Acc. : IDR 2,500,000.00 / years
Jamsostek (similar to insurance) = could be claimed for cash every 5 years
THR = worth a month salary and paid once a year.

P.S main salary should be cut to pay taxes & Jamsostek; and my company quite harsh since they will cut a day worth salary for every one day absence (doesn't matter you get sick or not) and overtime will be not paid.

And please compare with the benefit and salary that I will receive from IM Japan which is better than my current situation.
Main Salary : JPY 100,000.00 / month = USD 1,200.00 / month
Benefits:
Daily accommodation : foods, transport, living place, etc estimated to be worth around JPY 80,000.00 / month = USD 960.00 / month.
Life Insurance, Overtime paid progressively, receive JITCO & IM Certificate on the end of program, Financial aid worth USD 10,000.00 to be paid on the end of program, and recommendation to Japan Company in Indonesia.
Japan company in Indonesia have minimum salary around IDR 3,500,000.00 / month = USD 350.00 / month.

Okay, that's briefly about my info as your comparison reference. How about you? How much in your country? I will highly appreciated for your participation on this survey.

P.S. I'm sorry for limitation capability to type in English since it's not my native language.

Hmm lowest wage per hour is about $10 usd here in the city i live in? $9 or so for the state... People in mexico say they would love to move here to work since they get less than that but if they actually do then they will suddenly find that the cost of living here is actually quite a lot more than mexico... I dont work yet... but currently transportation is $170 or so... Not including gas which i wouldnt know about...

I'm 18 and work at KFC =3 i get around $800 AUD /month @ a rate of $19.40/hour
i don't have to pay for living expenses but the average is $1150 AUD/month in Australia so i'm glad i don't have to pay for any living expenses =3

I'm 18 and work at KFC =3 i get around $800 AUD /month @ a rate of $19.40/hour
i don't have to pay for living expenses but the average is $1150 AUD/month in Australia so i'm glad i don't have to pay for any living expenses =3

Well, your salary seems to be better than mine but your country living expense seems to be very expensive according to me.
Believe or not minimum living expense in my country only about USD 160/ month therefore you could have a good living style with just only USD 500/month. But still, I'm envy you, to have that much salary in your 18th; mine only receive +/- USD 120.00 / month when I'm about your age.

Need to be informed AUD exchange rate currently quite high in my country (+/- 1 AUD = 10,523 IDR); rough estimate you salary are about IDR 8 million ~ around three times higher than my salary on my current company.

Updates: there is a discussion in the government to raise standard salary in our provinces up to IDR 2,800,000.00 / month = USD 280.00 / month ; therefore highly likely my company will raise my salary to USD 350.00 / month.
I hope it come to realization soonest so I could have that kind of amount in the meantime before resign from my current company and attending IM Japan.

Last edited:
Glad to be part of your survey =) maybe i should move to Indonesia when i move out XD

Glad to be part of your survey =) maybe i should move to Indonesia when i move out XD

Hahaha, it seems to be interesting to other people to stay at Indonesia but not recommended on long-term though since you should consider other factor and stability of the country as well. :)
In my country case is religion. It has been most sensitive case that can lead to extreme anarchy since have diversity in race & religion, furthermore Indonesia become a world's Muslim (Islam) populace. :(

Therefore, a minority of Christian like mine should be smart to get a good place in society to survive.
One more thing that you should know though that in my country you should be careful towards most notoriety religion organization named FPI (Front Pembela Islam) and terrorist activity (perhaps you've ever heard about Bali Bombing & Jakarta Foreign Embassy Bombing)

Although, it seems quite rare case in capital city (Jakarta) and some provinces such as Batam & Bali since nowadays, in there stability is maintained very well (thanks to effort of our counter-terrorist squad Densus 88 & Gultor) :)

I think Activision should make another sequel of MW4 that using some separatist and militant in Indonesia as well.

According to the 2010 census here in the U.S. about 25% of American Households made less than $25,000 per year and 30% make between $25,000-$50,000 per year. The Federal minimum wage is $7.25 per hour and here in California (where I live) the minimum hourly wage is $8 per hour.

Personally most of my jobs I've been paid the minimum wage.. The two jobs that I've had that I've made the most money doing was working as a bank teller (I averaged $1200 per month, I paid I think about $100 of that per month to tax and received no benefits) and working as a caregiver to a mentally disabled gentleman (I had to stay with him all weekend, including staying the night.. and made around $1800 per month, probably paid closer to $250 a month in tax? and received no benefits).

I currently am contracted and am treated as self employed (so I pay more tax because I have to pay my full payroll tax rather than half). I make $1090 per month on average (I have to set aside $50 a month for tax and make payments myself rather than having it automatically taken out by my employer and I receive no benefits). I actually don't make enough money per year to be required to pay income tax, the tax I pay is only for my required social security payment. Since my husband and I work together, thus sharing the income that comes in my name, we as a household average less than $15,000 per year.

The cost of living in my town is fairly high - average rent for a 1 bed, 1 bath apt is $675, while groceries for just the 2 of us is easily $350 per month (our grocery costs in our town are very high and there is no real discount chain like Walmart).

I so some side office work for my mom to make extra money and we pick up extra routes for our job where we can to make ends meet.

On average here in the Netherlands, most households earn around €22.100 yearly.
Which is about €1850 monthly.

As for me, I work as a Physical Therapist (Physiotherapy)
Since I just started working after graduating, my salary is about €2500 monthly.
(As I gain more experience, this should go up a bit)

I still live with my parents (I'm still 21..) so I don't really know much about the monthly expenses.
I do help my parents with paying the electricity bill every month (Since I use most of it xD), €250 a month.

i dont got a job but when i finish school my salary would be around 35,000NOK ~4,751.30€ ~6,142.72USD -monthly- as a car mechanic. not the best salary.

and my montly salary in school is 1200NOK ~210.608 USD ~162.882 EUR

why wanna think of all this? you're still young!
go for the training and gain more experience!
as time past thru, you'll see your achievement!
everything need to start from the bottom, and you should consider yourself lucky to have a job in the first place!
spend on your monthly capability and affordability wisely!

ours is just 375 USD. The real problem is that despite the increase in value of our currency, prices never and I mean never go down.

Yeahhh... the prices increase for stupid stuff like holidays then it stays at that price... =.= Until something actually forces them to change...

it happen to other countries too!
everything have shot up!
only thing to do, get another cheaper brand with almost the same quality as replacement!

Minimal hourly wage in our country is 115 dinars which is about 1 euro... So about 1,5 $... It's very low considering that food is more expensive then in the countries like Germany, Britain, France.... Normal salary is around 200-300 euros... But the rest of the prices are not that bad although not low either...

EHHH u from Indonesia too ....

just i though salary in here so low and the price its expensive =="

tats y i wun to go college or work training on Japan XD
btw im still 15 XD

screw those capitalist basturds. and the governments aren't doing squat about it. prices have doubled already after all those holidays.

Hmm government doesnt have the power to do anything here... but were not supposed to talk politics in this forum ;p

oh right... meh governments don't do anything really. But I wish salaries increase

they dictate the lowest acceptable of course labor unions have to make a petition then the employers will bitch about sales and profit and stuff

Hmm they always will... well at least theres a lowest... however low that gets... probably not enough to live by anyhow...

definitely not enough. the "man" is bribe-able so they bow to the highest bidder. Honor is overrated nowadays

does anyone have any left? I only have morals left, i've ran out of sanity, so have you it seems.

Standard salary? Well as a developing country we are, not high in any means :/ I think it's 8 million VND monthly, or 400$... Darn inflation

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nanashinanashi wrote on Esan's profile.
can you please reupload https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/111125-overdrive-d2b-vs-deardrops-cross-the-future.1174725/ to katefile or mexashare or rosefile.Thanks
Seiki wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please reupload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ423317.html

a new ep is come but i need old ep (sorry for my eng skill)
thank you.
Groups23 wrote on zhonyk's profile.
Could you upload fantia.jp/posts/2683868 ?
mozzamezo wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, could you please re upload this?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01177568.html/?locale=en_US

Thanks in Advance
coolguy12346789 wrote on Shine's profile.