~SnowAngel~

~♥RadiantHeart♥~
Contributor
Mar 24, 2012
I want to ask any uploaders and downloaders about their experience using different file storage sites~
Below are just some things to get you thinking.

For downloaders and uploaders:
* What is your favorite file hosters and why?
* What are the worst/unreliable ones and why?

For downloaders:
* If you could change one thing the uploaders do here, what would it be?
* What are some negative things you don't like about downloading?

For uploaders:
* What are the biggest things that prevent or disrupt your uploading experience?
* What encourages or discourages you from uploading?

It doesn't matter if you go into detail or not, so long as it's related to file hosters, and uploading/downloading ^^

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ul.to
One big thing I like about this is the payouts I can use to upgrade my account. Whether it's premium, storage, or more traffic it's quite useful! They have a double point system where I can use "earned cash" for storage upgrades (which I just did for 1TB, lasts forever!! ^^). They also use some points for months/years of premium stuff. Now that I just discovered how awesome these things are, I'll try to keep using them for a long time! :D
Of course, the most negative thing about it is how slow/limited for free users to get stuff. To me, this makes it important to have mirrors.

Mediafire, google drive, other personal/perminant storage sites.
Yes they're great to store things and fast downloads, but often people easily run into trouble with these sites. It takes way more space, extra security, and other protective measures to make files last long. I've seen some sites simply shut down because they weren't getting enough traffic.

"30-day" hosters.
This includes things like Zippyshare, deposit files, bitshare, and many others that delete files due to inactivity. (ul.to also does this without backups). I really don't like these especially if they're giving me really little bandwidth (like pan ><)

Last but not least: time, effort, and reward for uploading.
Nothing says "thank you" better than a high number of downloads, or a personal thanks from someone! It's time-consuming to put things together (large files), and difficult to maintaing the space on my hard drive.

If I could change anything, it would be to increase how many people download stuff XD

For downloaders and uploaders:
* What is your favorite file hosters and why?
* What are the worst/unreliable ones and why?

There is not really a matter of favorite.
For my choice of file hosters, I look at:
1. Does it pay?
2. Does it have some sort of bulk upload feature? (Remote upload, FTP upload, Flash upload of at least 20 items at a time)
3. How is the upload speed? (At least 5MB/s/thread)
4. How much does it pay?
5. Do files get stuck in "Processing" or simply not showing up in the file manager?
6. Do free users get enough speed / downloads a day? (Many of our releases are several GB in size)
7. How much space and how long are files kept?

The most reliable one now is rapidgator with no issue at all.
All the other one I use, occasionally have problem with stuck files which most of the time requires a re-upload.

With the file hosters in retreat now, there may not be any well-paying file hosters soon. So we are trying to move to other ways to release.

For more "convenient" filehosts like MEGA or mediafire, the space is too small to keep our releases. Legit filehosts, or those pretenting to be one, tend to ask uploaders to pay for the space they use, which isn't feasible for heavy uploaders.

For uploaders:
* What are the biggest things that prevent or disrupt your uploading experience?
* What encourages or discourages you from uploading?

Biggest thing that disrupt the uploading experience:

1. The dreaded 1 minute between forum replies. When there are over 50 doujinshis a day it takes hours of time using conventional method.
2. Poor forum performance that sometimes takes 20-120 seconds to post a thread. In another forum starting with N, it takes 4-5 times to get an content posted so I gave up retrying.

What encourages you to uploading?

There are money to made from uploading to file hosters, which feed our group to purchase games for release. This is only possible with high degree of automation. AS is our main source of income so we keep posting here. We will continue to do so until the balance changes.

What discourages you from uploading?

A certain uploader that bikou us and copy all our game and CG releases mere minutes after I posted it. If it is some hours behind our releases, we wouldn't consider it a threat, but pushing the re-upload time to that extreme is painfully irritating.

Everyone have their own freedom, that including us having the freedom to cease public upload for our own bought / own rip content.
We actually had way more fun doing witch-hunt of those who leaked our private releases, than uploading anything.

Last but not least: time, effort, and reward for uploading.

Being able to enjoy playing many games 1 month ahead of other people is my reward for uploading.

Most of the process of uploading has been automated. So it is a good thing me and other staffs in my group are not spending too much time and effort.
Yes, I and other staffs of my group, all have full time jobs.
Able to freely pick a time to release our own bought content also reduce our time spent and effort.

My suggestion to those who monitor the internet and upload 24x7, spend less time monitoring our releases to the teeth, and spend some time working on a proper job.

There is not really a matter of favorite.
This is actually an unintended consequence to combat against flood from members who use automated posting tools. I'll look into a more reasonable limit for Special Uploader.

A certain uploader that bikou us and copy all our game and CG releases mere minutes after I posted it. If it is some hours behind our releases, we wouldn't consider it a threat, but pushing the re-upload time to that extreme is painfully irritating.

Everyone have their own freedom, that including us having the freedom to cease public upload for our own bought / own rip content.
We actually had way more fun doing witch-hunt of those who leaked our private releases, than uploading anything.

I know who you are referring to :D, not to mention he also using clone acc to bump his threads many times.
My advice: upload at 13-18h (GMT +9), he sleep around that time. :whistle:

@hellmaker @biohrd

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。