Live Action turned to Anime.....

Insane_minded

Apr 16, 2013
So......We've all seen and heard of anime that became Live Action, such as Death Note, Detective Conan, and more recently, Rurouni Kenshin.....

But what about the reverse? What about the live-action series which is turned into anime such as these:
watch-supernatural-online.jpg

Supernatural-The-Animation-Episode-21-English-Dubbed.jpg

And there's also an Iron Man anime:
iron-man-key-visual.jpg

How would you guys fare them? Is it good? To your likings? Or do you guys dislike it to the core?
Just wanna know your opinions on them.......

It all comes down to preference and origin of make of the said animation. I've seen both of sides and it really does come down to taste.

Lets see, others includes:
  • Blade
  • I really don't know many to be honest

But I haven't watched any of them so I can't give a review about them. I have seen some of them that was made directly from Eastern to Eastern production company like:
  • GTO (both first and second production of the Live Action and Movie)
  • Ouran Koukou Host Club (Yeah I have it and it was nice)
  • Usagi Drop
  • Nodame Cantabile

But then again it started from a Light Novel or Manga to Animation to Live Action. So really I only know Blade was one that was from Marvel Comics to Movie to Animation and the ones you have already mentioned.

I would agree that most anime started from manga or light novel, then adapted to become Live Action. But in case of SuperNatural, I don't think it started from a comic, and I don't know if it have a Novel. From what I know, it was already a Live Action series, and it still ongoing. I love it alot, watched it from Season 1 till Season 7 (haven't downloaded Season 8 yet). Suddenly I found out that the Supernatural had an anime. Not a full season anime, just something like an OVA an such. I was kinda excited, but afraid to download it or watch it. I just don't want to be disappointed and pissed off if the anime turned out to be crappy.

In case of Ironman and Blade, I know that both are from Marvel and that they have comics and cartoons. But from what I see, its like the Japanese company tried to recapture the actor's face whom played the role. Such as, they tried to take Robert Jr. face and turned it into anime.

Don't you guys feel awkward seeing real live human redrawn as anime, or is it just me?

I think the Japanese are trying to internationalise the culture by releasing famous hollywood movie-based animation. You can also see that in movies such as Pacific Rim and Wolverine, they got Japanese casts and Japanese settings in the movies. From this, I can deduce that the Japanese are collaborating with Hollywood to let the world know more about the Japanese culture.

I was kinda excited, but afraid to download it or watch it. I just don't want to be disappointed and pissed off if the anime turned out to be crappy.
Don't you guys feel awkward seeing real live human redrawn as anime, or is it just me?

I would feel really awkward watching animated versions of the series I usually watch..>< I don't think I'd even like it or care to watch the anime. However, I'm completely fine with the opposite.
Maybe because you've got so used to their real forms that you just can't get comfortable with seeing them animated..
Anime is anime, it's got its own series and titles, but turning an original, real-life series into an anime would feel really out of place for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

breslan wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, can you please reupload this game?
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/010928-eelcom-detection.992689/
Thanks in advance.
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Sorry Ryzen, this one got updated too recently
ルルカと大魔導士のエロトラップダンジョン to v24.04.25
uiu1610432 wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,UFO.
Is there any criteria for making requests?
I want to see the recent work 'フェルン フリーレン 02' by Gentleman910
Nagomikaze wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey, do you have a working Textractor hook for this release? I can only hook the base game. Thanks in advance!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?