Gosick Analysis

加藤浩

Full Pledged Lolicon
Elite Member
Jul 14, 2013
So I decided to make an English presentation on Gosick (In attempts to bring change to this curriculum). Right now I am trying to prove how the investigation of the mysteries, not the mysteries themselves, help illuminate the theme, in this case the strength of love. I have three main points: the detective and partner relationship, the analysis of the clues, and the willpower to confront the mystery. If any of you can think of a scene related to one of the points and shows love development in a way, please post it. Right now, I have one for willpower (the train scene, when they were about to shoot at the bomb).

I have had this series in my library for a while now and your post encourages me to look at some of the episodes. Just have not had time yet, thank you, i will see if i can find some ideas about what you ask.

-------------------------

私は、今しばらくの間、私のライブラリにこのシリーズを持っていたし、あなたの投稿はエピソードのいくつかを見て、私を奨励しています。ただ、まだ時間がありませんでした、私はあなたが求めるものについていくつかのアイデアを見つけることができれば、私はわかります、ありがとうございました。

Got interested in this so I wrote a few of my analyses

1. This has some opinion in it.
2. Details were taken from the anime, and I took some liberties in labelling so some names might not be accurate.
3. I might add some more cases if I find more time.
4. Totally spoiler-free!
Queen Berry Case

Mystery: Figure out the death trap that is the Queen Berry and who is behind it.

Investigation: The investigators become unwilling participants in the death game aboard the Queen Berry, unlocking its dark past.

Detective-Partner Relationship: Victorique picks up on the case with Kujo trailing behind as her servant(?)

Analysis of clues: By process of elimination, and assuming that there is no one working behind the scenes/in the ship besides the participants, the culprit must be among them. Working their way throughout the ship, analysis of the situation and the other participants unravel the mystery.

Willpower: What's at stake, which is survival. Kujo assumes responsibility of his ward's(Victorique) safety based on some chivalrous code, not knowing that the latter merely treats the case as a puzzle to solve.

Power of love: Extreme situations bring forth strong emotions. Maybe not much on this case. Kujo goes on a bend to prove his manliness to protect his little doll while Victorique gets used to her new manservant, utilizing him as necessary but nonetheless realizing his importance as a companion eventually.

The Curse of the 13th step/The Golden Fairy and the High Tower case

Mystery: Figure out the identity of the dead knight in the crypt, along with the mystery behind the new transfer student.

Investigation: Set of connected mysteries with clues connecting each other. The investigators (or at least her manservant) poke around the academy to solve this mystery.

Detective-Parter Relationship: Kujo tries to unravel the mysteries of two people. One is the new transfer student and the other is the golden fairy in library.

Analysis of clues: Kujo wanders around the academy to gather information or is rather led while Victorique provides intellectual support. Connections are eventually found linking the dead knight in the crypt and the new transfer student.

Willpower: Kujo's curiosity is stirred when the new transfer student starts acting strange, asking about the urban legends present in the academy. Victorique hangs out at her tower, with the power of snacks compelling her to participate.

Power of love:
Extreme situations bring forth strong emotions. When a confrontation with a notorious 'masked' thief threatens Kujo's safety, Victorique acts in a non-cerebral way. And then there's the feelings of jealousy towards the new girl.

The Village of the Gray Wolves case

Mystery: The pair travel to the village of Horovitz after reading an ad in the newspaper. However, the town is not as it seems. And Victorique must prove Cordelia Gallo's innocence.

Investigation: The case takes them to an isolationist village beset by 'Gray Wolves' where Victoriqe must absolve Cordelia Gallo of her sin as a murderer. One of the people in their outsider group gets murdered on the day of the village's spring festival adding to the cases that must be solved.

Detective-Partner relationship: Kujo tags along in another one of Victorique's escapades.

Analysis of clues: The village of the the Gray Wolves was Cordelia Gallo's birthplace, a home she was forced to leave because of a murder. The circumstances of her exile are known only to a few people, including the current village head. And people of the household.

Willpower: Victorique blames her imprisonment in the clock tower on Cordelia Gallo's exile and sets forth to prove her innocence and know more about her. Kujo.. tags along. To protect her.

Power of love: Justice is in love and love is in going against the village rules when execution demands that you chop off your lover's head. Also some strong familial love here. And mutual affection between the the detective and her partner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3
unownHGSS wrote on nanashi1's profile.
Oi 7shi, not sure when you see this but hope you're doing well! The nostaliga is real haha