Get Rid of New Release Section?

Should I Get Rid of the New Releases Subforum?

• Yes! Burn it with fire!

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • I like the convenience, but I can live without it.

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • No! I need my IRC spam!

• No! Think of the RSS children!

• Who in the what now?

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow I don't get it this topic in my head....

When looking for shows etc. I always use the search feature rather than looking through the pages. I've never even noticed that there was a new release section.

Also I think I should just say: thanks for what you do, it helps me out a lot :)

[MENTION=37707]FinalPyre[/MENTION] ; .... you are probably one of the only few users that search for their anime.... :/

[MENTION=4]corocoro[/MENTION] ; Whatever you need to make the user experience better, (the user's *cough* aren't important *cough*). I am for keeping the new release section. It is nice to scroll down the page and see what you posted.

[MENTION=4809]Will98[/MENTION]; ...You mean most people just randomly grab shows that pop up, rather than have a show they want to watch and then find it? That strikes me as odd, but I suppose that could very well be the case.
Search is helpful, since then I can see all the different sub groups and definition levels uploaded and make my pick (or decide if I want to torrent from elsewhere). :)

I'm only speaking from what I have seen with the user thread and search activity. My own searching for stuffs too...

I don't really use the search much, too annoying. I just go the anime index. Everything is all laid out there.

I like the new release section. Because people like me who can't visit this forum or search for new anime when they need to, I can just go to that section and I will see anime that is new or that I missed the last time. The new release is also good for periodic updates. I can't be on the forum every hour because of work, school, family life or whatever else happens in a day :( so when a new anime gets posted, I can see it on my rss feed.

I'm sure lots of different people have lots of different ways of looking for new releases. As long as some of them are using the new release section, it's serving a useful function.

Unless AS has a need to trim down, it's probably fine as is. :)

I either search for a specific title then pick group/def or just browse the completed section since I hate waiting for a weekly anime fix haha ... I guess it will save corocoro lots of work and personally I don't use it. So just Burn it with fire! MUAHAHAHAHA

^^I hadn't thought of that. Corocoro does a heck of a lot for us, and if it would save him time and effort, that's perfectly fine!

Who in the what now? I just have the anime index bookmarked. Easiest thing in the world.

I'm not that familiar in web making, but if it's too much trouble in always updating the New Release then I think its alright to close it down and redirect the effort on other stuff. I don't actually use that section. I go by searching the anime title on either "COmpleted" , "Movies & OVA" , "Ongoing" using the sitemap for easy usage and just bookmark it. if I happen to choose a ~Ongoing~ anime, I just check it up from time to time.

But if its fairly easy to update that,. then I think its better to leave it as it is. I'm sure there are people out there use it as a reference.

Try having one thread with currently airing anime/new releases, with links to each thread. Since new threads are at the top anyway, there's not much of a need to have a whole section for new stuff. A list would be just fine :o
if it's per-episode, you could bump a thread for each new one.

^^I hadn't thought of that. Corocoro does a heck of a lot for us, and if it would save him time and effort, that's perfectly fine!

I agree that whatever saves MR Corocoro effort is preferable. Considering all the pure WIN he's provided via this awesome site, I think he deserves the title Otaku Media Providing Admin Legend! OMPAL For short.

Yes. I did make that up myself.

If it is too much of a hassle to update, I'm all in with delete it.
Not that I use the section since most of the time I just use Nyaa, TT and Google for new releases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。