Move non-backed-up releases to Graveyard immediately?

Move it?

• Move it!

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Eh, why bother?

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Don't know, don't care.

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

corocoro

I Am Admin, Hear Me Roar!
Admin
Oct 16, 2010
As mentioned in the Trumping Thread, there's only six slots (three resolutions times two languages) for each anime that are backed up.
Now, the question is whether the ones that are not backed up should be moved to the Graveyard immediately.

The advantages are that it shows what can actually be fixed, cuts down on complaint resolution time (e.g. telling people there's no backup and to use the mirror), makes storing decisions more transparent (and more open for debate, I guess), and hopefully eliminates all those "what version to get" questions.

Disadvantages are an increase in organizing time (moving things and removing them from the index), those threads can't be found in Google anymore (potentially reducing the amount of new members), the files are often still live (people looking for them might be turned away), and newbies might thing half the forum has been deleted.

Poll's up; feel free to discuss the matter and/or raise points I missed so far.

Move it to the backyard or create a sub thread with all the trimmed thread there and make it a sticky.

too many Disadvantages

Disadvantages are an increase in organizing time (moving things and removing them from the index), those threads can't be found in Google anymore (potentially reducing the amount of new members), the files are often still live (people looking for them might be turned away), and newbies might thing half the forum has been deleted.

I've been around for a little bit, though I don't participate in any discussions usually. I have no clue about how you operate or file/index your massive collection (though I did learn a little about it reading your "trumping thread"). I just use your "Ongoing Anime Series" and "Complete Anime Index" threads, provided those do not fundamentally change I guess I really don't care. Sorry I couldn't be more constructive.

I accidently clicked don't move.

I think moving it would be good. You can get all files reorganized and the sooner the better or the problem/mess would get too big to conquer. All anime that is not updated/dropped should be removed to graveyard. This would keep all the threads in top quality. I find that better than a large list with links that don't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Anchobee wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi, thanks for the upload of RJ01150742, seems like you locked the rar for mp3 so can I have the pw for it?
At West Metro Dental, our goal is to provide you with dental care services to keep your teeth and gums healthy and attractive.

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s,
when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book.
unownHGSS wrote on Infamous's profile.
/me tackles .... Old habits die hard :3
unownHGSS wrote on nanashi1's profile.
Oi 7shi, not sure when you see this but hope you're doing well! The nostaliga is real haha