Dubbed vs Undubbed?

Dubbed or Undubbed?

• Total voters

Tessu

| WESSU_CHRONICLE_KEY/. |
Oct 16, 2010
The ZOMG of all the questions, you get it everywhere and yet you always want to anwser it.

Undubbed..
Seriously.. I rather dont watch it at all if its dubbed =/..
Subbed is enough.. Raw is fine as well.. (at least for me)

Undubbed... i rather dun watch if theres onli dubbed

Because seiyuu like yuuki aoi and rie kugumiya is awesome.

Eroge seiyuu like aoba ringo and oto agumi is winsome !!

Japanese anime should go with Japanese sound.
so Dub = fail
Why? Japanese sound also carry emotion and feeling of the char in the anime.
Their for, it will not the same if you dare to speak the line in other language.

Undubbed for me. Like ayano said.. there are some subtle emotions can can be conveyed using the Japanese language. It can be also done somewhat in English as well but not without the person looking like some ham actor

^ see hayate's avatar . Thinks of MSLN . Thinks of nana mizuki and tamura yukari ~ fanboy a little !!

*patiently wait more nanoha movie bd*

nana mizuki need more good anime role although she is more a singer now.

Well she is in letter bee and heartcatch... and to bring in some relevance to the topic.. she is the dub for one of the characters for the US serial show, glee >.<

I'd rather do like the nuns in Index II when confronted with Sheol Fear than listen to subs.

Dubbed anime always sucked hard period, with an exception of Cowboy Bebop.

Im not voting. To be honest, it depends, while most animes should be undubbed, there are a few animu which are actually BETTER dubbed, yes i shit you not. The one example is the Black Lagoon series as most of the characters are foreign except the main char, the voice actors were good and held the context of the show's geographical location. Another one which would be better dubbed is Monster, charactors being mostly european. However, most of current animu have no gaijin so its not hard to decide that undubbed be better.

I vote for undubbed... sometimes the dubber is not putting enough feelings inside the character they are playing for... and i prefer to have them in the original language with a sub :) so you can also learn the language bit by bit by hearing and matching ^^

I wonder if anyone would even vote for dubbed, if not being neutral or a whatever works person or like firev1 who's not locked into one choice?

I prefer original voices of course ("undubbed" makes me think of a voiceless animu), since imo Western voices just don't suit the looks of most characters. Maybe there are exceptions with some animu, mostly gar ones I guess, although even for them I still prefer the original Japanese voices... even for games. It can be even worse in games where most male casts can sound ridiculously similar, and (young) female casts not having enough 'life'.

As for international characters, well... the girls in Strike Bitches were already voiced by awesome seiyuu, and I don't think it would be good to have them voiced by voice actresses of different nations. Moreover, let's say such a thing did happen - you expect them to speak Japanese? I dare say it would be as bad as, if not worse than, Japanese seiyuu with their Engrish. Engrish can be annoying to hear, but also lulzy sometimes.

Hmm... I'll go with undubbed. It sound more correct to my ear lol. I have nothing against dubbed one but only a few very rare anime got good dubbing.

I'd have to agree solely on how Zero, Ignis, AntiClimax, and others explained why undubbed is mostly better, but not always.

Undubbed ftw! I'm fine with RAWS to ^^ Even if I don't understand >_>

My, my...no one has voited for dubbed yet..18 - 0..
Obviously fans would prefer undubbed and subbed version of their animes, so do i, but there are times when dubbed are actually quite good. Although very very rare like the first Full Metal Alchemist or anime which are set outside Japan where they don't have to use Japanese terms or names.

However, I love my seiyuus too much that I want to hear them all the time.

I liked dubs like Cromartie High School and Hetalia: Axis Powers. Those, in my opinion, are series with pretty good dubs. They also do a fairly good job at it.

to me dubbed anime just sound weird
anime have to be in japanese and the only dubbed anime i watch is GTO

Never liked any other dubbed anime,

Nothing beats the original = Japanese dubbed anime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.
LazuH1KKA wrote on Shine's profile.
GuRu wrote on Esan's profile.
https://www.anime-sharing.com/threads/200828-innocent-grey-虚ノ少女《new -cast-remaster-edition%E3%80%8B-%E3%83%91%E3%83%83%E3%82%B1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E7%89%88.1289457/を katefile または mexashare またはrosefileに再アップロードして頂けますか。