Admin
Oct 16, 2010
Dog%20Days.jpg

SERIES INFORMATION
Original Name: DOG DAYS
Categories: Action, Adventure, Parody, Seinen, Shounen, Supernatural
Producer: Aniplex, Seven Arcs

SUMMARY
Republic of Biscotti faces a predicament by the invasion of Galette Leo Knights. In order to save the country, Princess Milchore summons a "hero" from the outer world. Shinku, a junior high school boy living in the Earth, is chosen as the hero.

MY FIRST IMPRESSION:
Cute, interesting and funny - certainly a well-made anime. That is if you get all the jokes in it. So far it seems like the series is not really taking itself too serious, which fits well with it being a parody. My guess is people will either love or hate it, so it's pretty deciding after watching the first episode.

Reminds me of: Erfworld​

War doesnt result in death! You turn into fluff-balls!
A heck-care hero and a donkan inu-hime + sexy warrior enemy knight. Why not?

More like sports LOL. I will be sticking with this since it parodies quite a bit.

sum Wakamoto? and some Koyasu? cause that automatically makes this show ☆awesome☆

I mean, Wakamoto? Koyasu? Horie Yui? Mizuki Nana? Hikasa Yoko? Koshimizu Ami? Ono Daisuke? hwo budget hemorrhaging Seven Arcs.

lol. seven arcs never fails to get the big players, same case for sekirei and nanoha.
but the animation wise... *ahem*

Seven Arcs animation tend to be inconsistent *cough Asura cryin cough*

cast lineup is great then it will do fine with me.

nana-sama, norio-jii-koyasu, ami, hoc-chan, ono. Hehe, power~~
oh ya... mad scientist, gundam high school athlete version of miyano mamoru

I won't be surprised if they blew all their budget for the cast only :P.

nah... giri giri safe. or it always happen that way.

OP by nana-sama will also be good selling point, though i prefer her other single better. but fanboys are fanboys!
*terumi pledges loyalty to Mizuki Nana*

Hot pants!

That was a really good episode! I wasn't too sure if I was going to follow this because the first episode, while not particularly bad, wasn't exactly good either and there are a lot of other series I'm interested in. But now? I'll definitely give it a few more episodes, at the very least. Action packed, with a lot of very nice cuts overall and the fight choreography didn't leave anything to be desired. It also showed great sensibility, the fanservice was used well, and wasn't out of place nor annoying, something which is becoming quite a rarity these days. Even the small tidbits of exposition were actually included seamlessly, feeling quite natural with the whole chibi princess explanation. Cute, funny and, above all, worked great.

On the character side of things, Shinku continues to prove that he's a step up from a lot of very annoying kids which get to lead shows like these. He acts a bit dense at times, but overall has a lot of style and is up for the challenge. Plus, being voiced by Miyano and performing all sorts of great air techniques with his pole staff net him points constantly. Leonmichelle was great, too. Quite powerful, has some few interesting quirks (Majesty, not princess!) and some stunning looks. That scene where she realizes Shinku's "mistake" and told the TV people to focus on Eclair was priceless. Even on defeat, she just can't leave the stage without doing something good. However, I fear it wasn't in our best interest for her to surrender right there, because I'd have been glad to get that saavisu~. But I'll wait, I'm sure we'll get the chance!

Overall, like I said, really solid episode. It's not doing anything ambitious, and I'm not sure if it can keep up the action pumping throughout 20 minutes every week, but at least what it set out to do, it does well. And that's the biggest compliment I can offer to this show.

Moe Dogs, Moe Cats, Moe Squids. what's next? :D

Casting is nice now that nana mizuki comes into place. I kinda picture this like in another anime series which has similarities but i couldn't pin point what it is...

It's not like Utawarerumono.

Also minus points to Kou for not watching the Hiryuu-HiNA version. :P

My first impression was that the series was terrible for a Sat Timeslot and had no ero....

That was before the ray of hope in episode 2!!!

FAN SERVICE!!!

So who besides me thinks the series is going to all out ero & fan service (I can Dream can't I)

I watched epi 02 raw with other friends :P. Tried Ayako version (LOL) and Hiryuu version for epi 01.

Last edited:
ZETTAI KAREN ANIMAL!

The cell phone has become a staple of the modern day, there's no doubt about that. But while Hideyoshi has no hope of hers ever working again, Cinque is thankfully stuck in a more technologically advanced world. Or magically advanced. The difference between the two is slim.

Some nice world building from Eclair (I think it has to do with funds for each country), and if anyone was looking for an antagonist, Gaule seems to be a good fit thus far, what with kidnapping the princess. (<Super Mario Bros. joke goes here.>) I suspect even he has his reasons. Milly and Leon being friends in the past is interesting plot. The show's moving along at a pretty good clip thus far.

Milly with hair down = WIN! Not enough Hot pant's screentime

And........
1303067213381.jpg

the mad scientist turn into gentle athletic boy ~ . . . (Mamoru Miyano)

the opening /ending song themes are amusing as well ~ . . .

I am very pleased that NORIOOOOOO FUCKING WAKAMOOOOOTOOOOOO has finally made his debut.

It wouldn't be a medieval fantasy world without a few ninjas thrown into the mix, as strange as that sentence is. Mostly an action episode, but it was nice to see everyone taking part this time, including Ricotta with the fireworks cannons. Cinque and Eclair saying the same line (and then arguing about it) was equally amusing. Galette really are quite nice when it comes to their kidnappings, though once more, further questions are raised on the Goofy vs Pluto issue, now that we've seen both cats and cat-people (allow me to jump ship to the cat side, Leon sama!). A Milly and Yukikaze is fine too Also, while the soldiers may be immune, buildings, apparently, are not. Looking towards to more action~

PS. Spotted the Zankatou SRW and Guren Lagann reference!

Storming through the front gate now. :P

<--- Is getting most of the references pointed out to him, there are a lot (especially to Nanoha), but that one I found myself. ;)

All aboard the hero super express.

Surfboarding with a princess is strangely romantic. Yukikaze was able to keep up with them (on foot!). Being a ninja in this world is pretty cool. Milly with long hair is MOE and that is a nice song.

One thing I like is Leon dropped a good hint that there really is a more serious side to things. Something out there is serious enough that Leo feels no amount of silliness like concerts and bikini cavalry games will solve it; and perhaps she's constantly picking fights in order to try and force Milly to wake up and grow up.

Shinku's uncanny ability to catch on to the way magic works and manipulate it at will; not to mention the fact that once the fight started going serious, Gaul suddenly started to turn nice, just like happens in another series.

Anyway, I'm hoping next ep has some more information on what's going on that has Leon so serious, or at least more fanservice from my Yukikaze. You've been playing with your stick long enough Shinku, it's time you used it a little more for its true purpose!

so kou claims the nin-nin yukikaze? >.< haha, more leon for me~ <3
anycase i must agree milly with hair down is moe, but i got sick of it within 30 seconds. lol

fights were seriously dumb and hilarious to a certain extent, enough said.
shinku, you ride on something leviatating? *points to reference to chrome shelled regios*
nothing serious about the episode, minor misunderstanding and failure of the 3 henchwomen of gaul which led to leon's interference. milly still doesnt get her chance to clear and talk things out with our neko-himekakka.

signs of more things to come perhaps? everything points our bijin neko-kakka who may be hiding something from us as we know, there must be some reason to propel her away from milly, whom she was so close as an osananajimi to.

on other side, i cant believe tetsuya kakihara got another childish role. he can make it big in cool-tsundere guys. Yes, guy. *points to Jin Kisaragi of blazblue*

Last edited:
I see male character wtf? Fibi eh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

uiu1610432 wrote on UFO's profile.
Hi,UFO.
Is there any criteria for making requests?
I want to see the recent work 'フェルン フリーレン 02' by Gentleman910
Khroad Law Professional Corporation is a multi-service law firm located in Brampton. We provide legal services in Family Law, Real Estate Law, Immigration Law, Corporate Law, Wills & Estate, and Civil Litigation.
Nagomikaze wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey, do you have a working Textractor hook for this release? I can only hook the base game. Thanks in advance!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092