Dakara boku wa, H ga dekinai: The new "Highschool DxD" perhaps?

nanashi1

One of countless souls...
Elite Member
Jul 5, 2012
Dakara-Boku-wa-H-ga-Dekinai.jpg

Type: TV
Episodes: Unknown
Aired: Jul 6, 2012 to ?
Producers: Geneon Universal Entertainment, Sotsu Agency, Feel, Lantis, AT-X, Sentai FilmworksL, The Klock Worx
Genres: Comedy, Romance
Duration: 25 min. per episode
Rating: R+ - Mild Nudity

Japanese staff
Japanese cast
Director: Takeo Takahashi
Series Composition: Naruhisa Arakawa
Script: Naruhisa Arakawa (ep 1)
Storyboard: Takeo Takahashi (ep 1)
Episode Director: Masahiro Sonoda (ep 1)
Music: Cher Watanabe
Original creator: Pan Tachibana (light novel)
Original Character Design: Yoshiaki Katsurai
Character Design: Kanetoshi Kamimoto

Aya Endo as Risara Restole
Hiro Shimono as Ryōsuke Kaga

Arisa Nishiguchi as Quele Sellier
Kaori Ishihara as Mina Ōkura
Misato Fukuen as Iria Fukumune

Opening Theme:
"Reason why XXX" by Sayaka Sasaki
Ending Theme:
"Plantinum 17" by yozuca*

The TV anime series Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai. (So I Cannot Get Erotic.) is created by studio Feel, based on a supernatural romantic / erotic comedy light novel series by Pan Tachibana. The main character of the story, who lost his "erotic spirit" by making a contract with a beautiful Goddess of Death, struggles to regain that spirit. Ryousuke, Touen Gakuen's No. 1 pervert, is anguished. He cannot enjoy himself while living with the Godess of Death Risara under a contract, because he gave up his erotic spirit under the deal. He cannot get excitement from watching girls and wonders if his adolescent days are over.

So far, it almost looks that it resembles a Highschool DxD: pervert protagonist meets with sharp red-haired devil, and in fact there will be thrown at the protagonist see full life through each other. But there are differences, between Rias and Risara: Unlike Rias, Risara has no supernatural large breasts. And more Risara tsundare is liable, and is more dominant than they ...

Dakara%2BBoku%2Bwa%2BH%2Bga%2BDekinai%2B01-7.gif

Last edited:
I will just take this chance here and point out why people think they are similar:

1. Perv protaganist who gets caught up with unworldly accidents.
2. Red-haired main heroine who aint human, in Boku H's case, lacks assets.
3. The 'contract' between the above mentioned 2.
4. Same publisher (light novel).

BUT

With all due respects to both works, each work has their own charms, and should not be unfairly portrayed to be 'similar' and 'split' versions of one another. The resembling points have been pointed since long ago, even with the publisher giving a heads up that both shows are 'similar'.

As I did not read Boku H, I cant comment too much just after 1 episode of the anime only(yet to watch episode 2). The only things I would say is Lisara is hawt, both personality and appearance LITERALLY, even despite her (lack of?) assets. Protaganist in the story hasnt caught my slightest attention, though I will see how he changes throughout the story (if he changes).

I would not go into comparing this to DxD anymore, as I read DxD's original novels in JP and am a very big fan of the series. It would be unfair and bias comparison.

Just enjoy the show!

Last edited:
Reactions: nanashi1
Close but yet not so~

Demons (Highschool DxD) and Death Gods (Dakara boku) >魔と死神<

Underling/Pawn (Highschool DxD) and a walking power supply (Dakara boku) >ポーンとエネルギー供給者<

^ I wouldnt put in it so clearly as you put, but its true.
But I would like to arrange it as each show's unique theme.

We can slowly see the harem forming around that Ryousuke. So he has morning wood every single morning and he's proud of it? Somehow I cant sense him being over-ero despite his many actions and statements of being ero. Dont know why, but he just does not click.

Lisara remains so beautiful~ Seifuku kawaii~
Kyuuru was such an obvious liar though, why didnt no one realise.

May or may not consider getting the LN, I have too much to read/clear now.

OH OH OH IMMA WATCH THIS!!!! AFTER IT FINISHES AIRING THOUGH!!! and yea... it reminds me of highschool DXD.... does anyone know if there's going to be a second season of DXD yet?

^ Please hide spoilers in spoiler tags.
And this is the wrong thread.

Please stick to topic though.

Yes, I know, but I wanted to help dreamer197, I'll stay on the "ball".

Well, in fact, I do not like this kind of anime very much. The hero doesn't have to pay much effort to get the heart of the heroine...

is this a sign of jealousy toward the main character?
lol
Well, of course not~ Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero, which is on at the same season, is very nice. It makes you feel that the hero is worthy of the love of the heroines at least

In My own throughts DxD was a let down when compared to the manga not to mention that the animie had a cheesy cliffhanger

as for the other one i do like it more not just for all the Fanservice. but its been following the manga pretty well

At first, I think Dakara boku wa H ga dekinai is 2nd of High School DxD coz their theme are quite the same...

After watching some ep. of Dakara, I found that Ryosuke is more pervert and focusing only Horny than Issei which sometimes make me feel sick...It remind me that some girls entitle this kind of man as a baka-sex monster. Moreover, he did not try to grab heroine hearts like Issei who always want to serve Rias, his master.

Ryosuke may get more serious at the second half of this series. So, let sit and see...

I really respect Issei who try to level up himself along the story until he can gain Rias' heart but I did not feel this from Ryosuke..

About fanservices, I enjoyed DXD because I am a large breast fan ^^

Now, I could say that I enjoyed DXD more than Dakara.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

Khroad Law Professional Corporation is a multi-service law firm located in Brampton. We provide legal services in Family Law, Real Estate Law, Immigration Law, Corporate Law, Wills & Estate, and Civil Litigation.
Nagomikaze wrote on Shine's profile.
Hey, do you have a working Textractor hook for this release? I can only hook the base game. Thanks in advance!
feschrfrvdh wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi. I need your help once again. would you upload ここから夏のイノセンス!OST?
nobis_c wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
Hi, do you have the update for this? It got major bug fixes.
クロア×スクランブル to v24.04.24 / v1.092
tintin0821 wrote on Nihonjaki90's profile.
Hi, Nihonjaki90-san.
Could you reupload this game? Thanks in advance.