Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

What is the hype behind Umineko?

bleood

New member
Distinguished
Mar 14, 2026
78
16
Well, recently I've been hearing more and more people calling Umineko a Namige (Shortly the greatest peace of media).
Even after reading Umineko for around 20h I find it really boring. What made Umineko so popular and "great"? Maybe it's so popular and "glazed" because 07th had made Higurashi before? Well I have no idea. But also I'm pretty sure people haven't really played Umineko for 120h and act like they have.​
 
I'm a slow reader, especially when I like what I'm reading. I think that the average reading time for Umineko is 140h, it took me about 200h.
What makes Umineko great are the plot twists and how it makes the reader think about "what is the truth?" if you read the first two parts and still found it boring then probably you simply won't find it interesting.
 
People had similar complaints ok, about the pacing. Like that's the only problem, how Higurashi/Umineko r the one piece of Visual novels. I say ur better off watching the anime if u dont wanna dedicate hundreds of hours onto the series, lel
 
Honestly a lot of the fun came from the experience of reading this series as each episode came out with the fandom. It was like watching an original series in real time with everyone.

After episode 1, which is definitely the weakest of the question arcs, the hype, speculation, and discussions leading up to the release of the next episode was INSANE. It would be chaos when the episode did release and no one had any translations so were going off potentially mistranslated or fake spoilers, so finally getting the translation to read it yourself was just cathartic. I've never experienced something similar in a visual novel medium. Add on the god tier OST, hype moments, and aura farming--it was built to be an experience that I don't think would hit the same now years later.