The love of friendship

pandachuu19

Elite Member
Apr 9, 2015
So wasn't there that writing competition about friendship sometime ago? This was something I wrote for it but before I could submit it, the contest was cancelled xD then I lost track of whatever happened after. Hence I thought I'll just submit it here. Something short and sweet.

"Not everything between a man and a woman has to be romantic..."

------------------------------------------------------

The apartment was dark, darker than it usually would be. All the curtains were drawn and in the air, a strong stench of alcohol hung. It originated in the living room where the song 'Habits (Stay High)' was playing through a smartphone on a coffee table overwhelmed with beer cans. Amidst the cans, a messy head of long brownish/blond hair rested while her right hand brough another can to her lips which were belting the lyrics out-of-tune.

"You're gone and I gotta stay HIGHHHH all the TIMEEEE to keep you off my mind ooooohhhhhhhhh"

She took another loud sip and slammed the now empty can onto the glass table.

"Spend my days locked in a haze trying to forget you BASTARD" -here she screamed- "I fall back down" -here her head collapsed back heavily on the table.

"Gotta stay high all my life to forget I'm missing you..."

The girl couldn't even finish the sentence before sobs broke her voice. Her eyes were already swollen sockets from all the tears they had already shed. Over the loud music, she could have sworn she heard knocking but quickly disregarded it. Who would care enough for her? Her inebriated mind asked. Then the next moment light streamed in through a sudden open door and she groaned as she tried to cover her eyes. The door was closed soon enough but she barely had time to feel relieved before lights came on and she cursed at the same time someone called her name in a worried tone. A figure came to her side and gentle but strong arms supported her shoulders.

"I'm going to kill that fucking bastard."

The words came through gritted teeth and her head fell limply back against the arms as she tried to focus her blurry vision. The voice sounded familiar. She could almost place his name then as his features came into slightly clearer view, she hiccupped. Fresh tears came to her eyes, this time out of relief as she clumsily wrapped her arms tight around the guy. She knew she probably smelled of alcohol but the guy didn't seem to care. His hands immediately came around her, one stroking her head like a cat while the other sat firm on her back. She heard him shushing her and she wondered why until her mind finally caught up and she realised she was making horrible sounding noises that were really just cries. She forced herself to stop but her body wouldn't listen to her.

"Shh baby. Let it out. I'm here for you."

She heard his voice whisper in her ear and the smallest sense of warmth re-entered her cold heart. In response to his words, she told him everything. Throughout it all, he did not speak but merely continued to stroke her hair. He was always a good listener though he would say the same of her as well. She had always found it easy to tell him anything even if it was embarassing or shameful. It didn't matter that he was 8 years her senior for she knew he needed her just as much as she needed him. At the end of it, she felt like a huge burden had been lifted from her chest and she suddenly felt exhausted. Within minutes and from the soothing touches from his hand, she fell asleep in his arms. She barely registered herself being lifted into the air and placed on something soft before something feathery light touched her forehead.

"Even if he doesn't love you, I will. I'll always be here for you."

Sometime before dawn, she awoke with a bad headache next to a hard body. Blinking her eyes several times, she nursed her head as she sat up. After waiting for several minutes and realizing her headache wasn't letting up, she gave up. Turning to look behind her, she smiled upon seeing who was in her bed. She had expected him to have gone home but instead he had stayed with her despite the stench of alcohol from her. She made to move towards him but stopped upon smelling herself. Deciding to take a shower first, she moved to the bathroom while stopping every few steps to let her head cool. Half an hour later she was clean then she took two pills for her head before climbing back into bed. He was still asleep and she made sure not to wake him. Looking down at him, she felt grateful that she had met him when she did.

"Thank you." She whispered and like what he had done previously, she leaned down and kissed him on the forehead. "Thank you for always being there for me even when I've made a stupid mistake. I love you." She then snuggled down into his chest and was surprised when he moved to wrap his arms around her protectively.

"Love you too. Now go to sleep."

She smiled at his sleep-filled voice and closed her eyes obediently. Yes, she might have to face hardship in the upcoming days but at least she won't ever be alone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest profile posts

dohuni wrote on UFO's profile.
Hello. Could you reupload the version 2.0 of this game? RJ310786 thanks.
DarkSniper wrote on Shine's profile.
Hi Shine,

[190912][Excite engine] RPGでゲーム進行に関わりなくNPCをエッチどころかディープなSMまでしちゃうゲーム [RJ264801]

Could you please Reup the above game?
Thanks.
playboy623 wrote on Ryzen111's profile.
bidlocat0 wrote on ramori's profile.
Hi Ramori!
Can you update this game please?
https://www.dlsite.com/maniax/work/=/product_id/RJ01161364.html/?locale=en_US
Thanks!