[Discussions] WOW #7 - September 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

|♚|KK|♚|

heading0.png

This is a discussion thread for WOW #7. Here you can ask questions, post comments, and even post your draft work for others to comment on. While you can edit your entry submission post and remake your entry as many times as you please before the deadline, if you think there's still something missing from your story, consider posting it here first if you'd like to ask advice from your fellow entrants.

The theme for WOW #7 is POSITIVE.
“When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.”

The deadline is on 30 SEPTEMBER 2016.
You MAY edit your entry submission post as many times as you please before the deadline.

Please submit your entry before the deadline. If you're unsure about certain aspects of your draft entry, feel free to ask around in the discussion thread. You can have only ONE post in the entry submission thread, but you're not restricted from discussing the WoW as much as you want in the discussion thread. The deadline may be extended on our discretion if circumstances necessitate it, but it won't be shortened for no reason, so rest assured and don't rush. Take your time to make a masterpiece!

This thread is only for DISCUSSIONS!
To submit your entry, please go to this thread instead.

I may already have an entry! Here is the first draft!

Love can make you positive.

I am a negative number. Other numbers are greater than me. I am even less than 0. Being negative really affected me in a negative fashion.

Then I met another negative number. We had much in common, being so much less than other numbers. In time, we fell in love.

We married, and then we multiplied. Yes, I, a negative number multiplied with another negative number.

Now my wife and I are positive!

Okay... that's too short for the rules. :evillaugh:

I better work on it some more. :laughpanda:

On a side note, I fully understand how time constraints, and IRL situations can affect being online. I'm not rushing anyone; I'm just curious about the status of judging contests 4 & 5. :)

Reactions: fguelffstan
I guess haikus are still not going to be accepted :nekopara_sigh:

Hmm... could we suggest themes for future contests?..~

I may already have an entry! Here is the first draft!

Love can make you positive.

I am a negative number. Other numbers are greater than me. I am even less than 0. Being negative really affected me in a negative fashion.

Then I met another negative number. We had much in common, being so much less than other numbers. In time, we fell in love.

We married, and then we multiplied. Yes, I, a negative number multiplied with another negative number.

Now my wife and I are positive!

Okay... that's too short for the rules. :evillaugh:

I better work on it some more. :laughpanda:

On a side note, I fully understand how time constraints, and IRL situations can affect being online. I'm not rushing anyone; I'm just curious about the status of judging contests 4 & 5. :)

Great! It's always awesome to see you here dear :) And about the judging part, Ignis told me once that he was writing the 4th just before he went hiatus so I didn't wanted to re-write since he already started writing but well, I guess I can write if you guys want. And about 5th, it will be announced very soon!^^
I guess haikus are still not going to be accepted :nekopara_sigh:

Hmm... could we suggest themes for future contests?..~

I still have that on my mind, and of course you can, we can even make a poll to decide.^^

Basically you would just have to lower the line minimum to 3 or remove it and thatll cover most forms of poetry besides the really long ones..~

Great! It's always awesome to see you here dear :) And about the judging part, Ignis told me once that he was writing the 4th just before he went hiatus so I didn't wanted to re-write since he already started writing but well, I guess I can write if you guys want. And about 5th, it will be announced very soon!^^

Thanks!

No biggie, I was just wondering. :)

Apologies for the double post. There's been no thread activity for over 3 weeks.

Well, this month's submission is in. It took a lot of thought and a lot of time to write, but it was worth it.

"One Really Bad Day" explores a serious side of life, and hopefully, shows what a Positive Attitude truly consists of.

Hope you enjoy it. :)

Edit: [MENTION=93850]|♚| KK |♚|[/MENTION]; BTW, when will the awards for previous contests be issued?

Last edited:
Again, apologies for the double post, though they were 4 months apart.
[MENTION=93850]|♚| KK |♚|[/MENTION]; [MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; I see there has not been any activity in the Writing Competitions since last September (4 months.)

Does this mean the writing competitions are over?
Will contest #7 September ever be judged?
When will the awards for previous contests be issued?
I've competed in contests 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7, and won #6, but was only issued a participation award for #3.

However things work out, the writing contests were a good idea. I found myself encouraged to exercise my writing skills. They challenged me to research ideas, develop plots, express them in clever and interesting ways, and hone my sense of story and poem structure.

Thank you very much for the opportunity. It was a lot of fun! :)

Again, apologies for the double post, though they were 4 months apart.

[MENTION=93850]|♚| KK |♚|[/MENTION]; [MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; I see there has not been any activity in the Writing Competitions since last September (4 months.)

When will the awards for previous contests be issued?
I've competed in contests 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7, and won #6, but was only issued a participation award for #3.

However things work out, the writing contests were a good idea. I found myself encouraged to exercise my writing skills. They challenged me to research ideas, develop plots, express them in clever and interesting ways, and hone my sense of story and poem structure.

Apologies. I admit I've neglected this for a while. As you may have noticed, during this round, I was away for a total of around two months and a half. At the end of this round, KK decided to froze the contest, something which was well within her jurisdiction as the contest was hers to begin with. However, I suppose I just okayed that and went on to occupy myself with mundane routines until days passed, then weeks, then months.

In short: mea culpa. While my official role, similar to in the SOTM, was more of the advisory kind, that doesn't absolve me from responsibility.

As for what to do from now on, I'd like to hear from KK myself. As I mentioned, this contest was her idea, so I'll follow her decision and act accordingly. In the meantime, I believe it's us who should be thanking you for your continued enthusiasm and participation even when our side of the bargain fails to deliver. :)

Reactions: Leggy

Yes, sadly I had to froze the contest for couple of reasons but I didn't froze it with the idea of 'this is the last wow contest' so writing contest will continue but I don't know when exactly. And I just realised that I made a very big mistake, I remember posting the results of the last contest but it's not there, seems like I didn't post it, weird but I remember posting it...but anyways I'll post the results soon, sorry for the mistake!

And a big thank you, for you! For always joining and giving support to the contest, I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

Edit: [MENTION=93850]|♚| KK |♚|[/MENTION]; BTW, when will the awards for previous contests be issued?When will the awards for previous contests be issued?

Since I'm not able to give awards, probably [MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; will fix it soon after I post the result of the last contest we had.

Since I'm not able to give awards, probably [MENTION=2]Ignis[/MENTION]; will fix it soon after I post the result of the last contest we had.
Sorry for the late response, but sure, just hit me up when it's due.

As for the contest itself, you can always reboot it when you deem fit. Let me know if you need any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.