[Discussions] WOW #6 - August 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

|♚|KK|♚|

heading0.png

This is a discussion thread for WOW #6. Here you can ask questions, post comments, and even post your draft work for others to comment on. While you can edit your entry submission post and remake your entry as many times as you please before the deadline, if you think there's still something missing from your story, consider posting it here first if you'd like to ask advice from your fellow entrants.

The theme for WOW #6 is JOY.
“When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.”

The deadline is on 30 AUGUST 2016.
You MAY edit your entry submission post as many times as you please before the deadline.

Please submit your entry before the deadline. If you're unsure about certain aspects of your draft entry, feel free to ask around in the discussion thread. You can have only ONE post in the entry submission thread, but you're not restricted from discussing the WoW as much as you want in the discussion thread. The deadline may be extended on our discretion if circumstances necessitate it, but it won't be shortened for no reason, so rest assured and don't rush. Take your time to make a masterpiece!

This thread is only for DISCUSSIONS!
To submit your entry, please go to this thread instead.

Last edited:
Hmm.. maybe ask someone else to do the judging?~ Or have it as something extra that isnt quite an entry..~

Was sort of referencing to the previous conversation about how haiku have three lines so the limitation would make it so people wouldnt be able to write haiku for an entry..~

Hmm.. maybe ask someone else to do the judging?~ Or have it as something extra that isnt quite an entry..~

Was sort of referencing to the previous conversation about how haiku have three lines so the limitation would make it so people wouldnt be able to write haiku for an entry..~

I'll mention this to Ignis then ~ Haiku is a good idea! I hope people will like this theme (:

Alright! I already have one!

Happy happy joy joy, happy happy joy,
Happy happy happy happy.....

Hmmm... this sounds familiar... :surprised:

Oh wait, that's the Happy Happy Joy Joy song from Ren and Stimpy... :sowwy:

Gues I'll have to give it more thought... :laughpanda:

Hmmm, something that evokes joy. This one could be either a story or a poem, either format could fit.

Edit: A practical question, though I suspect I know the answer; could a contestant re-submit an entry from a previous contest?

In WOW #3 , I submitted a poem, My Lovely Angel.

http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/writing-138/entries-wow-3-may-2016-a-487893/#post2408627

The main critique was that even though it was lovely and well written, the body of the poem did not quite fit the theme. It definitely evokes joy, the current theme.

Don't worry, I won't do it, I like to be original. I tend to have lots of original ideas, and will definitely submit something new. I was just curious, that's all. ;)

Last edited:
Alright! I already have one!

Happy happy happy happy.....

Hmmm... this sounds familiar... :surprised:

Oh wait, that's the Happy Happy Joy Joy song from Ren and Stimpy... :sowwy:

Gues I'll have to give it more thought... :laughpanda:

Hmmm, something that evokes joy. This one could be either a story or a poem, either format could fit.

Edit: A practical question, though I suspect I know the answer; could a contestant re-submit an entry from a previous contest?

In WOW #3 , I submitted a poem, My Lovely Angel.

http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/writing-138/entries-wow-3-may-2016-a-487893/#post2408627

The main critique was that even though it was lovely and well written, the body of the poem did not quite fit the theme. It definitely evokes joy, the current theme.

Don't worry, I won't do it, I like to be original. I tend to have lots of original ideas, and will definitely submit something new. I was just curious, that's all. ;)

Well there isnt a rule about what you asked but, I don't think it's acceptable so sadly no. Though I'm looking forward for your new entry as always, I think you can do a great job with this theme!

Haiku is more of a form of poetry than a theme~

Maybe for the next round~

As I said before, I'd come up with something new, and boy, did I!

Where do I get these wild ideas? :happywhistle:

"Quest of the Suitor" explores the joy of love from a rather unusual perspective (understatement)

Once I had the basic idea, it practically wrote itself.

Hope you have as much fun reading it, as I had writing it. :samuraihero:

Status
Not open for further replies.